Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Goofy psychology
Well, just from a statistical stand point, Baltimore is not an 0-3 team, so them going 0-3 with the talent they have is pretty unlikely.

That's the only thing that makes me nervous. Not many competent teams lose 3 games in a row. So we may just be in for a bad week.

That said, if we prepare and play well, we can beat any team in the NFL. And I think Baltimore has a good chance of losing their 3rd game in 3 weeks on Sunday.
Reply/Quote
Meh. The Raiders had something to prove, too.

One o'clock game. That's AD's sweet spot. The Dumpster Ducks can't outgun our six in the cylinder: AD, Gio, AJ, Marvin, Mohammed, Eifert.
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2015, 09:52 PM)kevin Wrote: I think we can throw everything out the window. It's a rival game, a division game in their house. Ravens were swept by Bengals in 2014. Ravens will be fired up and they do not want an 0-3 start.

This.  Even though it is just week 3 a loss at HOME to go 0-3 would be brutal for the Ravens.

But I still predict we win in a close game.

If you go look at the "season prediction" thread you'll see that many people had us losing this game at Baltimore, but it would be a huge statement game if we could go in their and beat them.  You know their fans are already raw over that loss at Oakland.  I'd love to rub a little salt in the wounds in their own house.
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2015, 02:50 PM)fredtoast Wrote: This.  Even though it is just week 3 a loss at HOME to go 0-3 would be brutal for the Ravens.

But I still predict we win in a close game.

If you go look at the "season prediction" thread you'll see that many people had us losing this game at Baltimore, but it would be a huge statement game if we could go in their and beat them.  You know their fans are already raw over that loss at Oakland.  I'd love to rub a little salt in the wounds in their own house.

Sounds good to me!!!
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2015, 09:52 PM)kevin Wrote: I think we can throw everything out the window. It's a rival game, a division game in their house. Ravens were swept by Bengals in 2014. Ravens will be fired up and they do not want an 0-3 start...but I hope Bengals win.....I like hearing they lost, but win or lose today, they will be fired up for Bengals, so I'm glad they lost. 

You're right.  And keep in mind that the Ravens put up a lot of points and yardage against the Raiders.   It will be in their house and it will be a tough game.

Made me happy though to see Oakland beat them.   I like our odds, but Baltimore is never a pushover - especially at home against a division opponent.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
The old Ravens, yes. I'd see your point. But this isn't them.

The old Ravens had guys who would step up, take ownership and kick some guys in the butt during the week between games. They'd make sure the new guys played at a higher level. They'd lead by example. They'd listen to the coaches and adjust if needed.

This isn't that team. This is a coaching staff that knows how to win trying to do it with guys who don't.
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2015, 08:57 PM)Whacked Wrote: Anyone else find themselves thinking like this at times?

I love that the RatTURDS lost (and that they are now 0-2) but me thinks that we have a less chance of winning as a direct result of these two things. Lol.

I admit the logic has little sense but I've been doing it for years.  Specifically, not necessarily wanting our rivals to lose in games played right before us. Lol

If the RatTURDS would have won, yes, I'd feel better about this upcoming game. I cannot lie. Lol.

Haha.

oh yeah but the old never lose 2 in a row is out the window now...

i thought this was gonna say..

Bengals smash Raiders
Raiders Beat Ravens
=
Bengals 3-0 Ravens 0-3 next monday
Reply/Quote
I like our chances. We beat them on the road last year first game of the year. We are a better team this year. They are not.
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2015, 08:57 PM)Whacked Wrote: Anyone else find themselves thinking like this at times?

I love that the RatTURDS lost (and that they are now 0-2) but me thinks that we have a less chance of winning as a direct result of these two things. Lol.

I don't think it's psychology so much as it is odds... I mean what are the odds the turd birds will start 0-3? I have no idea, but my gut tells me the odds are they win this week. That being said we have a better team, so who the hell knows.
Reply/Quote
You're over thinking the whole thing. It's like planting an acorn in your front yard and for 70 years worrying that it'll get to big and finally fall on your house . ;-)
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(09-20-2015, 09:44 PM)BengalRed Wrote: I know exactly what you're talking about. When the Reds start a series against a team I take notice of what that team has done prior to the series. If they have won I few games in a row I think to myself, "oh good they're due to lose". But if they've lost a few I think "oh crap they can't keep losing". In the case of the Ravens' though, I don't think that way. I would just like to think that they aren't very good.

I contend that the Ravens are a good team and will be out to prove themselves, The refs will likely lean their way too. It will be up to the B's to play hard and smart all game. I think they can play hard, but smart, I'm not so sure. Smirk
Reply/Quote
I feel like it is time for everyone to quit worrying about the Bengals not taking care of business. Sure they will drop a few games this year as everyone else will. They will be playing for a playoff bye week in the AFC. It has been building up to this year and the next few for a while now and sometimes its great to sit back and just enjoy the ride. Who Dey
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2015, 06:42 AM)Bengals_Legendary Wrote: I get the line of thinking. I'll admit, I've thought about it before. But this team seems different this year. I can't put my finger on it...

It just looks like the team finally "gets it." It's like all the pieces are finally coming together and playing to their potential at the right time.

We actually seem well-rounded and focused as opposed to the frustratingly inconsistent team we've become accustomed to over recent years.

Maybe I'm just over-excited about our early success, but our team looks to be on their way UP, and the Ravens seem to be on their way DOWN.

You gotta admit though, it's easy to "get it" when all your weapons are healthy at once. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote