Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Google again...leaked email
(09-14-2018, 08:04 PM)Vlad Wrote: But it's not a good look for a company in this business. They have the power suppress or block information and viewpoints just because they don't jive with their views... to hold a meeting of executives in order to vent or plan a course of action because they disapprove of the election results is telling.... it revealed the extreme bias of  Google.
Whoever controls the media controls the people.

Is it a good look for the government of a liberal democracy?

Seems like Google execs were biased in favor of competence, decency and good government--yet they were willing to make money off the fake news that floated the Trump campaign.

Judging from your last comment, it appears you have been reading a bit of Marx, who learned something very important about who controls the press while a young man working for the Rheinische Zeitung.

The class which has the means of material production at its disposal, has control at the same time over the means of mental production, so that thereby, generally speaking, the ideas of those who lack the means of mental production are subject to it. The ruling ideas are nothing more than the ideal expression of the dominant material relationships, the dominant material relationships grasped as ideas. 
From The German Ideology, 1845.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(09-17-2018, 01:45 PM)fredtoast Wrote: NFL team released player for political protest.

"No Problem.  Private businesses are absolutely entitled to fire players who do not agree with the politics of the team owner."

Google exec says something bad about Trump.

"WAAA!!  WAAA!!  It's not right for a private business to make their political beliefs known to employees.  That creates a hostile work environment!!"

Showing respect for your country when asked is not partisan politics.

You were so close to making a point.

But your failed attempt at making a point does bring up a question (not that you'll answer it). Are you OK with business owners pushing their political beliefs on their employees?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(09-17-2018, 06:57 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Showing respect for your country when asked is not partisan politics.

Nor is it required.

At least not in the US.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(09-17-2018, 06:57 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Showing respect for your country when asked is not partisan politics.

You were so close to making a point.

But your failed attempt at making a point does bring up a question (not that you'll answer it). Are you OK with business owners pushing their political beliefs on their employees?

Are you ok with presidents pushing their political beliefs on business owners' employees?

Showing respect for your country when told when and how to is not partisan politics?
(09-17-2018, 11:40 PM)Dill Wrote: Are you ok with presidents pushing their political beliefs on business owners' employees?

Showing respect for your country when told when and how to is not partisan politics?

I am perfectly fine with politicians pushing their political beliefs.

No one is told to; they are asked. But no that is not partisan politics.

If you disagree then answer my question (keep in mind I just answered 2 of yours; without changing the question). Which party asserts Americans should show respect to the Nation when asked; the Dems or the GOP?

(09-17-2018, 11:07 PM)GMDino Wrote: Nor is it required.

At least not in the US.

No it is not. Was that just a random thought?

(09-18-2018, 12:21 AM)bfine32 Wrote: I am perfectly fine with politicians pushing their political beliefs.

If you disagree then answer my question (keep in mind I just answered 2 of yours; without changing the question).

Which party asserts Americans should show respect to the Nation when asked; the Dems or the GOP?

Not sure how one asks "a party" anything.

But if one could, and this were a valid either/or, my guess is it is the same party whose president says those who don't comply on the job--when "asked"--should be fired.

Get that sonofabitch off the field!!!

Did I get it right? DingDing  
(09-18-2018, 12:29 AM)Dill Wrote: Not sure how one asks "a party" anything.

But if we could, my guess is it is the same party whose president says those who don't comply on the job--when "asked"--should be fired.

Did I get it right? DingDing  

Who knows if you got it right. But your assertion that it's a GOP thing that asserts you should show respect to the Nation when asked has been noted. Wrong as hell, but has been noted.

(09-18-2018, 12:35 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Who knows if you got it right. But your assertion that it's a GOP thing that asserts you should show respect to the Nation when asked has been noted. Wrong as hell, but has been noted.

lol "Wrong as hell" but "who knows" if I got it right?

Wait, after that big show of you answering questions and now its my turn--you don't have an answer to your own either/or question?

"has been noted"--sounds like I'm going to be reported.

Your president, head of the GOP, wants to fire people who don't show respect when "asked."  Why don't you note that?
(09-18-2018, 12:47 AM)Dill Wrote: Wait, after that big show of you answering questions and now its my turn--you don't have an answer to your own question?

"has been noted"--sounds like I'm going to be reported.

Your president, head of the GOP, wants to fire people who don't show respect when "asked."  Why don't you note that?

lol "Wrong as hell" but "who knows" if I got it right?
I clearly noted that Politicians are political. Not sure anyone can debate that; so I have no idea why you keep bringing up Trump when I talk about private businesses. Jerry Jones (the most vocal NFL owner in the NFL) has clearly stated Trumps words are of no help. 

No big show, I simply said not sure if you're right, because the answer was quite ambiguous. It would have been easier to decipher if you just would have said GOP or the Dems.

Perhaps you can understand the difference if you just answer this question (to yourself, not here).

Which of these is partisan politics from a business owner?

A. I want you to stand for the National Anthem

B. I want you to vote for this candidate.

(09-18-2018, 12:22 AM)bfine32 Wrote: No it is not. Was that just a random thought?

No.  It was a response to your sentence that I quoted.

Since some (#youtoo) have made it a political statement if someone does not stand "when asked".
(09-18-2018, 12:57 AM)bfine32 Wrote: I clearly noted that Politicians are political. Not sure anyone can debate that; so I have no idea why you keep bringing up Trump when I talk about private businesses. Jerry Jones (the most vocal NFL owner in the NFL) has clearly stated Trumps words are of no help. 

No big show, I simply said not sure if you're right, because the answer was quite ambiguous. It would have been easier to decipher if you just would have said GOP or the Dems.

Perhaps you can understand the difference if you just answer this question (to yourself, not here).

Which of these is partisan politics from a business owner?

A. I want you to stand for the National Anthem

B. I want you to vote for this candidate.

Lol, you clearly noted a point no one disputed.  I keep bringing up Trump because you said:

You were trying to push the notion that Americans aren't pressured to "respect their country" and/or that even if they were, that would not be "partisan"--nevermind that since Vietnam one party has wrapped itself in the flag and pushed flag burning amendments and the like.   Trump wasn't "asking" pro players to stop their protest during the national anthem. And he was making it clear that if HE owned a business (he does own one, by the way) he would fire people for failure to "show respect."

But you are still sure that business owners, not politicians, don't place partisan pressure on employees to "respect the flag" or vote for a particular party. 
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/28/ceos-urge-employees-vote-romney_n_2018264.html
https://www.nytimes.com/2012/10/27/us/politics/bosses-offering-timely-advice-how-to-vote.html?mtrref=www.google.com&gwh=107B754124996721F499C4D5E7CB1A2C&gwt=pay

My answer was "ambiguous" because you are not sure which party Trump represents unless I spell it out--GOP?

Obviously both A nd B are, especially since the President has intervened on one side of the anthem controversy, and the NFL, as well as individual owners, have had to formulate a policy in response. Of course you don't want me to answer that here.  

And if there is no partisan pressure on players to "show respect," it's mighty mysterious that Kaepernick is still without a job.
(09-18-2018, 11:02 AM)Dill Wrote: Lol, you clearly noted a point no one disputed.  I keep bringing up Trump because you said:

You were trying to push the notion that Americans aren't pressured to "respect their country" and/or that even if they were, that would not be "partisan"--nevermind that since Vietnam one party has wrapped itself in the flag and pushed flag burning amendments and the like.   Trump wasn't "asking" pro players to stop their protest during the national anthem. And he was making it clear that if HE owned a business (he does own one, by the way) he would fire people for failure to "show respect."

But you are still sure that business owners, not politicians, don't place partisan pressure on employees to "respect the flag" or vote for a particular party. 
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/28/ceos-urge-employees-vote-romney_n_2018264.html
https://www.nytimes.com/2012/10/27/us/politics/bosses-offering-timely-advice-how-to-vote.html?mtrref=www.google.com&gwh=107B754124996721F499C4D5E7CB1A2C&gwt=pay

My answer was "ambiguous" because you are not sure which party Trump represents unless I spell it out--GOP?

Obviously both A nd B are, especially since the President has intervened on one side of the anthem controversy, and the NFL, as well as individual owners, have had to formulate a policy in response. Of course you don't want me to answer that here.  

And if there is no partisan pressure on players to "show respect," it's mighty mysterious that Kaepernick is still without a job.
Got it. You consider displaying respect for your nation to be a politically partisan issue. I can only assume it's a GOP thing. Well I'll never switch  parties now for sure.

Here's Jerry Jones showing how politically partisan it is:

http://larrybrownsports.com/football/jerry-jones-donald-trump-anthem-go-away/456532

Quote:Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones has spoken out about President Donald Trump’s frequent quotes about the NFL’s national anthem issue, and he thinks the President should let it go.

Jones said Wednesday that Trump’s interest in players protesting during the national anthem and the subsequent rules to govern it is “problematic,” and he wishes that Trump would simply allow it to “go away.”

They want partisan politics to have nothing to do with it, because partisan politics has nothing to do with it/

(09-18-2018, 11:43 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Got it. You consider displaying respect for your nation to be a politically partisan issue. I can only assume it's a GOP thing. Well I'll never switch  parties now for sure.

I think Dill was saying that one party has made it an issue by saying you "have to" pay respect (and only their way).  And that if you do anything other than their way, when they tell you to do it, you are being "disrespectful" even if what you are doing has nothing to to with the flag.

But I never took an oath so maybe I'm wrong.
(09-18-2018, 11:50 AM)GMDino Wrote: I think Dill was saying that one party has made it an issue by saying you "have to" pay respect (and only their way).  And that if you do anything other than their way, when they tell you to do it, you are being "disrespectful" even if what you are doing has nothing to to with the flag.

But I never took an oath so maybe I'm wrong.

And as I said; I fully expect politicians to make things political. My original post was in response to a private company pushing their political beliefs. But somehow that's OK because......wait for it.......here it comes........TRUMP!

(09-18-2018, 11:56 AM)bfine32 Wrote: And as I said; I have no problem with politicians making things political. My original post was in response to a private company pushing their political beliefs. But somehow that's OK because......wait for it.......here it comes........TRUMP!

But did they?

Quote:We worked very hard. Many people did. We pushed to get out the Latino vote with our features, our partners, and our voices. We kept our Googley efforts non-partisan and followed our company’s protocols for the elections strategy,” the email begins. “We emphasized our mission to give Latinos access to information so they can make an informed decision at the polls, and we feel very grateful for all the support to do this important work.”

“Ultimately, after all was said and one [sic], the Latino community did come out to vote, and completely surprised us. We never anticipated that 29% of Latinos would vote for Trump. No one did,” the executive wrote.

Non-partisan

Funny phrase that seems to be being ignored.

Or is their internal email after the election just being taken as something it's not?  Because....wait for it....here it comes....TRUMP!  Smirk
(09-18-2018, 12:00 PM)GMDino Wrote: But did they?

Non-partisan

Funny phrase that seems to be being ignored.

Or is their internal email after the election just being taken as something it's not?  Because....wait for it....here it comes....TRUMP!  Smirk

...or you could just watch the video referred to in the OP. Watch that and get back with me or you could ignore it.

Your last line, although flattering, makes 0 sense. 

(09-18-2018, 12:06 PM)bfine32 Wrote: ...or you could just watch the video referred to in the OP. Watch that and get back with me or you could ignore it.

Your last line, although flattering, makes 0 sense. 

Sure.

Admitting you have a problem would be the first step in your getting help.   Mellow
(09-18-2018, 11:56 AM)bfine32 Wrote: And as I said; I fully expect politicians to make things political. My original post was in response to a private company pushing their political beliefs. But somehow that's OK because......wait for it.......here it comes........TRUMP!

Companies have been publicly endorsing candidates for years.  Apparently you never even knew about it until it was time to start defending your boy Donald.
(09-18-2018, 11:43 AM)bfine32 Wrote: They want partisan politics to have nothing to do with it, because partisan politics has nothing to do with it/

https://www.newsweek.com/poll-whos-backing-nfl-protesters-answer-may-surprise-you-671279

Conservative Republicans stand out in their support for firing NFL players who refuse to stand for the national anthem. Nearly two-thirds (65 percent) of Republicans say NFL players should be fired for this reason.

Only 19 percent of Democrats and 35 percent of independents agree.

Poor Bfine.  Do you realize how removed from reality he has to be to think that partisan politics "has nothing to do with it".