Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Gotta love Dre....
Video 
http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Swaginnati/c77195f3-8879-40e1-82aa-17d9f9e30148

Quote:That’s why he signed for five more years in Cincinnati on Friday.  Other teams came at him, such as the Steelers and Titans. But they were hard sells for Brian Overstreet Kirkpatrick’s agent.
“He wanted to stay,” Overstreet said, “He asked me, “Would I really have to go to Pittsburgh?”

Dre wanted nothing to do with Pissburgh....... Hilarious :andy: Who Dey
Reply/Quote
That's just awesome. Kudos to the FO for getting him and LaFell locked up.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2017, 12:34 PM)Sled21 Wrote: http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Swaginnati/c77195f3-8879-40e1-82aa-17d9f9e30148

Dre wanted nothing to do with Pissburgh....... Hilarious  :andy:  Who Dey

Alright, i like the guy now. Cool

Good man. Smirk
Reply/Quote
Good man, Dre. I'm not your biggest fan but damn happy to hear you choose Cincy over Pittsburgh
Reply/Quote
I like more what Newman said to him. Definitely the right approach IMO. :andy:
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
That's great to hear. I seriously hope he balls out this year.
Reply/Quote
He just signed a nice contract. He's taking the next 4yrs off. I don't trust the guy!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2017, 12:34 PM)Sled21 Wrote: http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Swaginnati/c77195f3-8879-40e1-82aa-17d9f9e30148

That's a bright spot in a horrible free agency.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2017, 08:10 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: He just signed a nice contract. He's taking the next 4yrs off. I don't trust the guy!

Yeah, that's always a huge concern when a guy gets his big payday, but I have a feeling he will rise to occasion and prove his is worth the $, he knows the pressure will be on him to perform week in and week out.

And honestly, your scenario is just too damn depressing for me to think about at this juncture. 
Reply/Quote
Just moved up 3 rungs on the ladder with that comment alone in my book.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
might order me a Swag jersey for that
Reply/Quote
Kirk sounds like a pretty cool dude.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2017, 07:23 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: I like more what Newman said to him.  Definitely the right approach IMO.  :andy:

Me too.
Newman said " its not my job to give it to you, its your job to take it . "

powerful concept :andy:
Reply/Quote

I know...but I couldn't help but think this guy would be a world beater with more muscle, greater speed, and aggression...courtesy of a cocktail direct from UPMC.

Maybe he wanted to keep his balls their current size.  
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2017, 08:10 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: He just signed a nice contract. He's taking the next 4yrs off. I don't trust the guy!

actually you are a contract off on taking years off.. it is not the 2nd contract NFL players sign that you tend to see that attitude.. it is their 3rd contract in late 20s/ early 30s.. so come back and a few years with this post... Hilarious
Reply/Quote
I don't see Dre taking off after signing a contract, he has a burning inside him to be the best corner in the league...
Reply/Quote

Dre wanted nothing to do with Pissburgh....... Hilarious :andy: Who Dey

This I can understand and appreciate it! While I liked Zeitler I can't fathom how he could choose the freaking Clowns! If the $ are comparable with Jacksonville and the Saints how do you go to shitty Cleveland and trash area also a rival who after 5 years you should hate? I get the choice if you have no other options but he had plenty and the $ were extremely similar elsewhere.

I don't want to hear the Hue relationship bs it just shows Zeitler was only concerned about squeezing every available nickel he could out of this contract.

I know players sometimes do this but it to me me questions how big of a team guy you really are if you can
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2017, 10:41 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: actually you are a contract off on taking years off.. it is not the 2nd contract NFL players sign that you tend to see that attitude.. it is their 3rd contract in late 20s/ early 30s.. so come back and a few years with this post... Hilarious

We can address this after 3-4 games into the season. I hope I am wrong but this guy is not even close to being awesome at his position and definitely not worth the money he is getting on the 5yr deal. He has a lot of childish instincts and reactions. Going into 2017 season, I think you will see a penalty magnet in him while dancing on the field waving his arms claiming his innocence (even worse than in the past). When he walked off the field during the Steelers game laughing, let's me know it's all about him and not about the team. I don't think I can ever trust this guy.

Reply/Quote
I get the concern with contract year performers, but I think DreKirk just developed. He showed improvement each year.

Naturally it was going to take awhile for a guy that didn't backpedal in college.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2017, 12:53 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: We can address this after 3-4 games into the season. I hope I am wrong but this guy is not even close to being awesome at his position and definitely not worth the money he is getting on the 5yr deal. He has a lot of childish instincts and reactions. Going into 2017 season, I think you will see a penalty magnet in him while dancing on the field waving his arms claiming his innocence (even worse than in the past). When he walked off the field during the Steelers game laughing, let's me know it's all about him and not about the team. I don't think I can ever trust this guy.

I completely understand this cause i felt the same way.

But i do know the guy wants to be the best, that is what keeps me holding out hope for Dre.

And i just love that he said what he said about Shitsburgh. Smirk Cool
Reply/Quote