Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Governing in the age of social media
(09-26-2017, 01:14 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: [Image: massacre-webbanner.jpg?format=1500w]

The King having his men clean up the streets of Boston where people were just trying to stir up trouble and waste everyone's time.

i'm going to have to call foul on this one.  I do like the picture though.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(09-26-2017, 03:52 PM)michaelsean Wrote: i'm going to have to call foul on this one.  I do like the picture though.

I went with the extreme, but when neo-conservatives who admire the Soviet Union pose as libertarians and then suggest dissenting views from the government amount to "stirring up trouble" and "waste everyone's time", you have to have some fun. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(09-26-2017, 03:31 PM)Benton Wrote: LOL

Having a different opinion doesn't constitute stirring up trouble and wasting time. If people are so fragile they can't handle another person having an opinion, they should get out of public service. 

So many political leaders/parties would beg to differ! Hilarious
(09-26-2017, 05:23 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I went with the extreme, but when neo-conservatives who admire the Soviet Union pose as libertarians and then suggest dissenting views from the government amount to "stirring up trouble" and "waste everyone's time", you have to have some fun. 

LOL That was funny.
(09-26-2017, 03:52 PM)michaelsean Wrote: i'm going to have to call foul on this one.  I do like the picture though.

Me too. I don't see Crispus Attucks anywhere. This is what happens when journalists don't see race.
(09-26-2017, 03:31 PM)Benton Wrote: LOL

Having a different opinion doesn't constitute stirring up trouble and wasting time. If people are so fragile they can't handle another person having an opinion, they should get out of public service. 

Or if people are so fragile they can't make another Facebook account to view someone else's page then that's on them.
Post over in another thread about Trump deleting tweets.

Which adds another layer to the problem.

As the article says:

Quote:Even after getting elected president, Mr. Trump has maintained personal control of his Twitter account. He has used his posts to skewer opponents, respond to critics and, he says, to communicate directly to voters without the filter of the news media.

“Twitter is a wonderful thing for me, because I get the word out,” he said in a March interview with Fox News. “I might not be here talking to you right now as president if I didn’t have an honest way of getting the word out.”

But if the president’s tweets are the Digital Age version of quips at the Rose Garden podium, what then are we to make of the deletions?

The president regularly deletes tweets with typos and misspellings. Less frequently, but not unheard-of, are erasures that pertain to more significant topics. In March, he posted and deleted a tweet that read: “Meeting with Generals at Mar-a-Lago in Florida. Very interesting!”

At least two government watchdog groups, Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington and the National Security Archive, believe that when Mr. Trump deletes a tweet he may be breaking the law.

The groups filed a lawsuit in June against Mr. Trump and the Executive Office of the President, claiming that deleting social media posts violates the Presidential Records Act, a law that requires presidential communications to be archived. The groups are also suing to require White House staff members to archive material sent through encrypted messaging apps, such as WhatsApp and Signal.

Trump says this is his way to get his message out....then that would make them part of his Presidential record.  But he deletes the ones he doesn't like or when he wants to alter what he said if he was wrong or looked bad.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(09-26-2017, 07:24 PM)Dill Wrote: Me too. I don't see Crispus Attucks anywhere. This is what happens when journalists don't see race.

You can't see him because all the white people are around him trying to save him.  Wink
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(09-27-2017, 02:07 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Or if people are so fragile they can't make another Facebook account to view someone else's page then that's on them.

Part of why we have the first is so people don't have to do things in secret. If you want to participate in a conversation on industrialized hemp by saying they should legalize medical marijuana, you shouldn't fear that the governor is so fragile that he can't tolerate your opinion.