C
D
F
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2.6 Average
Grade The Draft
(06-17-2023, 03:32 PM)Housh Wrote: Got faster

Got young DBs who all have a chance to be really really good. DJ Ivey may actually make the final 53. We are hearing good things about him. Found a RB that can double as a spell for Mixon and a bell cow next year. Found 2 WRs for Boyd’s departure. Only thing we didn’t find was TE and i have begun to like the Murphy pick less and less and my paranoia there won’t be cured until i see him play in preseason. I hate the idea of taking a project pass rusher with our 1st round pick but i have heard he’s already league average at defending the run so that’ll get him on the field

Id rather have “project” Murphy than that gimp that wound up on the Steelers… .

God god man we’re primarily drafting for NEXT year, not this year. And this is a GREAT development.
Go Benton Panthers!!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-17-2023, 04:51 PM)SladeX Wrote: Id rather have “project” Murphy than that gimp that wound up on the Steelers… .

God god man we’re primarily drafting for NEXT year, not this year. And this is a GREAT development.

Yes, after all these years, the Bengals finally have a roster strong enough that nearly none of the rookies will be relied upon to be instant starters.  However, I could see a couple of them pushing for 1st team reps before the year is done.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(06-17-2023, 05:01 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Yes, after all these years, the Bengals finally have a roster strong enough that nearly none of the rookies will be relied upon to be instant starters.  However, I could see a couple of them pushing for 1st team reps before the year is done.

Robbins is likely the starter from jump. 

Murphy will certainly be in the DE rotation from the start. 

We don't usually rotate secondary players as much, but at worst Turner will be the dime CB. Hill's versatility and Battle's positional awareness/foitball IQ could mean we see 3 safeties get significant snaps.

Brown will certainly be in the running for RB2 with Williams. 

Jones is slot #2, WR#4, & PR#1. He'll see the field. Maybe even KR#1. Iosivas has a tougher road to PT, but is our best non-Chase deep speed. I think we see more 4 WR looks this year with better WRs AND better OL play. 
Reply/Quote
(06-18-2023, 12:45 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Robbins is likely the starter from jump. 

Murphy will certainly be in the DE rotation from the start. 

We don't usually rotate secondary players as much, but at worst Turner will be the dime CB. Hill's versatility and Battle's positional awareness/foitball IQ could mean we see 3 safeties get significant snaps.

Brown will certainly be in the running for RB2 with Williams. 

Jones is slot #2, WR#4, & PR#1. He'll see the field. Maybe even KR#1. Iosivas has a tougher road to PT, but is our best non-Chase deep speed. I think we see more 4 WR looks this year with better WRs AND better OL play. 

I could see some dime coverage with DJ.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
Very interested in the DL rotation. I’m more skeptical about losing Bates & Bell than most. I feel good about it getting there but I’m not so sure it’s great out the gate. A much better pass rush will be more important this year. I’m comfortable with plugging Ossai and Murphy in a lot on passing downs. I think Ossai has a breakout year. I think Murphy has a great rookie year. I feel like Hubbard and Hendrickson need more subbing. So I’m optimistic about the pass rush. We’ve talked about Volson taking a leap in his second year but what about CTB? It would be huge if he did as well.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote