B
B-
C+
C
C-
D
F
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Grade This Draft
I voted A- don't like taking injured players even if they have upside, love the Mims, Jenkins, Jackson picks.

Burton could be great on our Offense in single coverage character problems aside. McLachlan was a major steal in the 6th round.

Wish we took a RB instead of All but expected the All pick and he could be great if he can get healthy.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2024, 02:29 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I voted A- don't like taking injured players even if they have upside, love the Mims, Jenkins, Jackson picks.

Burton could be great on our Offense in single coverage character problems aside. McLachlan was a major steal in the 6th round.

Wish we took a RB instead of All but expected the All pick and he could be great if he can get healthy.

That's my only real problem with this draft. I wish they would have taken a RB somewhere there in the middle. 

As far as these guys complaining that this guy is a reach, that guy has issues - news flash ! Every draft pick is a bit of a gamble.  There's a giant list of "sure fire" draft picks that weren't all that. And another list of so called fringe guys who had great careers. Only time will tell.

Overall I liked how they approached the draft. A
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
The ‘24 draft can be summed in one sentence. It’s got potential to be one of the best ever from a top to bottom measure. The ‘24 draft can also be summed up in the word “If”. Amarius Mims is arguably the most athletic OT in the draft. Amarius Mims “IF” he had more sample size he’d been the first tackle drafted. Kris Jenkins may be the best rookie team leader and culture extraordinaire in quite some time. Jermaine Burton led the SEC in YPC. “IF” he hadn’t had immaturity issues he’d gone in the first round. Eric All is potentially our Sam La Porta or Mark Andrew’s. If he stays healthy he’s potentially a Pro Bowler. He would be our best all around TE who won’t have to come out and tip our play. Matt Lee may be the best 7th round pick in this years draft. If he starts in a few years his bargain financially will be ridiculous. If McKinnley Jackson comes in situationally and delivers we saved our most serious void.

We’ve got potentially the most explosive 4 group receivers in football paired with the most accurate passer. We know about Tee & Chase. Gesicki is our best TE big play receiver since Tyler Eifert. Now Burton.Burton also will be a huge upgrade big play wise than Tyler Boyd of ‘23 not of ‘18. The options for Joe are much improved. Add Chase Brown and his explosiveness and this offense looks as good as any in the league. Of course the OL becomes final ingredient to determine it. Throw in Eric All when he gets well and we’ve got the most ridiculously flexible offense in the NFL.

So in conclusion if some of these guys fall into place this will be a tremendous class.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
Solid draft, what prevents from an A, is a bit more risk vs reward than i would want plus, I felt we had enough draft capital to trade down in 4th for sure and did not
Reply/Quote
Sort of related...overall offseason grades Bengals A

https://twitter.com/NFLDraftBites/status/1785001801181196552
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2024, 01:28 PM)Bengalion Wrote: As long as Mims doesn't turn out to be a bust I think we'll be fine. Though we're going to need a top 10 defense to get back to the SB. That has me most worried. I know Joe was hurt last year, but our D wasn't it. The only pick I strongly dislike is Erick All. He underwent season-ending back surgery in 2022, and he says he's fully recovered from that injury but suffered a torn ACL last October that he's still rehabbing. There better options on the board in the fourth round, but other than that, I'm fine with our draft.

B+
As long as we protect Burrow and allow him to score points, I don't think we need a good defense to get back to the Super Bowl, although it would make it a lot easier.

Don't get me wrong because a defense is important and I wish we had addressed it more, but I'm just saying that we can still win.

Bell and Stone could be big additions in our secondary and let's just hope that we can get after the passer.
(04-29-2024, 02:29 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I voted A- don't like taking injured players even if they have upside, love the Mims, Jenkins, Jackson picks.

I'm actually comfortable with Moss and I'm high on Brown, so I don't mind not taking a back, especially since the line is our biggest need.
(04-29-2024, 03:18 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: That's my only real problem with this draft. I wish they would have taken a RB somewhere there in the middle. 

As far as these guys complaining that this guy is a reach, that guy has issues - news flash ! Every draft pick is a bit of a gamble.  There's a giant list of "sure fire" draft picks that weren't all that. And another list of so called fringe guys who had great careers. Only time will tell.

Overall I liked how they approached the draft. A
I know that this is the AFC North, which is typically a running/physical division, but we can the ball the third-fewest times of any team in the NFL, and I like what Moss and Brown offer our offense.
(04-29-2024, 03:22 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: The ‘24 draft can be summed in one sentence. It’s got potential to be one of the best ever from a top to bottom measure. The ‘24 draft can also be summed up in the word “If”. Amarius Mims is arguably the most athletic OT in the draft. Amarius Mims “IF” he had more sample size he’d been the first tackle drafted. Kris Jenkins may be the best rookie team leader and culture extraordinaire in quite some time. Jermaine Burton led the SEC in YPC. “IF” he hadn’t had immaturity issues he’d gone in the first round. Eric All is potentially our Sam La Porta or Mark Andrew’s. If he stays healthy he’s potentially a Pro Bowler. He would be our best all around TE who won’t have to come out and tip our play. Matt Lee may be the best 7th round pick in this years draft. If he starts in a few years his bargain financially will be ridiculous. If McKinnley Jackson comes in situationally and delivers we saved our most serious void.

We’ve got potentially the most explosive 4 group receivers in football paired with the most accurate passer. We know about Tee & Chase. Gesicki is our best TE big play receiver since Tyler Eifert. Now Burton.Burton also will be a huge upgrade big play wise than Tyler Boyd of ‘23 not of ‘18. The options for Joe are much improved. Add Chase Brown and his explosiveness and this offense looks as good as any in the league. Of course the OL becomes final ingredient to determine it. Throw in Eric All when he gets well and we’ve got the most ridiculously flexible offense in the NFL.

So in conclusion if some of these guys fall into place this will be a tremendous class.

Exactly. All the potential has me excited, and I know potential is just a word that hasn't always worked out for us, but we have enough of a solid base that I think they'll fit on our roster and can find ways to contribute in big ways.
Reply/Quote
Our formula for success with a great QB in Joe B. is to win in the trenches on both sides of the ball. I remember the old days being at the stadium watching the Steelers seal games away because we could not stop the run.

They would burn off 6 or 7 minutes in the 4th quarter. A team tries that either early or late needs to be stopped so we get the ball back in Joe's hands.

I also lump the off season together with the draft and free agency. I feel we have shored up weaknesses in most cases.

I would like to see a vet guard like Risner or Peat to push Volson and a vet CB like Gilmore, Nelson or a few others to bring experience to the CB room. If we can only do one, I would argue the vet CB is the greater need.

Overall, good off season not only for 2024, but for 2025 and beyond.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2024, 12:47 PM)Whatever Wrote: Jackson is a massive reach for a Day 3 level talent with serious character concerns of his own. I don't see him ever being a quality starter as a talent, and it doesn't give me hope when a kid with a felony drug arrest sounds completely stoned when the team calls him to pick him.

That call was so bad. I don’t think I’ve ever heard someone less enthusiastic about being drafted into the NFL.

Reply/Quote
I gave it a C+. There's an awful lot of questions about pretty much every pick.

We made some interesting later round choices that could pan out, (potentially), but I don't see an immediate impact player in this group.

I'm hoping they all tear it up, but I'm guarded on them.
[Image: n881eg.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2024, 05:51 PM)Capt.Morgan Wrote: I gave it a C+. There's an awful lot of questions about pretty much every pick.

We made some interesting later round choices that could pan out, (potentially), but I don't see an immediate impact player in this group.

I am curious. What do you consider an impact player? Are you for an all-pro rookie season or saying no solid contributors in 2024. Are you saying we have no rookies who get significant snaps?
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Solid A- to A in my book.

What I loved- They drafted upside over good! Championship teams are all top heavy; stars win Chips.

Meh- McKinnley Jackson in the third rd at 97. I'll think he would have been in the 5th or 6th Rds but 97 was a bit early. Although I like him as a prospect and if he ends up being a good player then who cares.

What I didn't like- I am worried that the Trey situation will get ugly, Tee has a ton of value in the trade market, and I'm not sure the Bengals have any idea on how they are going to use Dax Hill this season! So why Not trade them for picks in this draft and maximize the value of the draft itself?

Point 2- I would have liked to see them get a premiere pass rusher this draft.

Overall- I think this team is better than what they were prior to this weekend and that's all you can ask for. Mims, Hill, and Burton look like high level prospects to me!
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2024, 05:57 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I am curious. What do you consider an impact player? Are you for an all-pro rookie season or saying no solid contributors in 2024. Are you saying we have no rookies who get significant snaps?

I'm more along the lines of solid contributor. Jenkins perhaps, but other than that, I don't believe we'll see much for a couple of years barring injury.
[Image: n881eg.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2024, 06:17 PM)J24 Wrote: Solid A- to A in my book.

What I loved- They drafted upside over good! Championship teams are all top heavy; stars win Chips.

Meh- McKinnley Jackson in the third rd at 97. I'll think he would have been in the 5th or 6th Rds but 97 was a bit early. Although I like him as a prospect and if he ends up being a good player then who cares.

What I didn't like- I am worried that the Trey situation will get ugly, Tee has a ton of value in the trade market, and I'm not sure the Bengals have any idea on how they are going to use Dax Hill this season! So why Not trade them for picks in this draft and maximize the value of the draft itself?

Point 2- I would have liked to see them get a premiere pass rusher this draft.

Overall- I think this team is better than what they were prior to this weekend and that's all you can ask for. Mims, Hill, and Burton look like high level prospects to me!

Last year I thought Pitt & Ravens improved themselves more than we did in FA & the draft. This year I’m not as impressed with the Ravens but Pitt did get better at QB. But we are better in the trenches. That was needed. But I’m excited for our receivers. I also think Mims in the screen game legendary and pulling is going to be ridiculous
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
Lots of big swings for the fences. I could see this being an A+ draft or an F draft in 3 years pretty easily.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2024, 06:29 PM)GodFather Wrote: Too many "if's" in this draft. Players really could go either way in this year's draft versus past ones. I could easily see this draft turning into an A as well as an overall bust.

I do think this years draft and free agency is an absolute response to last years performance and that is a good thing because of the glaring problems we had, let's see if the players available at the time of the Bengals pick are up to the challenge and turn this year's draft into a success and hopefully on the road to a Super Bowl ring.

That's pretty much every draft.  There's always this perception that some guys are "safer" picks, but it's really not the case.

The big difference with this year is that we took athletic guys and some guys with current injuries.  I don't see how this draft differs from any other when it comes to "ifs"
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2024, 05:03 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: As long as we protect Burrow and allow him to score points, I don't think we need a good defense to get back to the Super Bowl, although it would make it a lot easier.

Don't get me wrong because a defense is important and I wish we had addressed it more, but I'm just saying that we can still win.

Bell and Stone could be big additions in our secondary and let's just hope that we can get after the passer.
I'm actually comfortable with Moss and I'm high on Brown, so I don't mind not taking a back, especially since the line is our biggest need.
I know that this is the AFC North, which is typically a running/physical division, but we can the ball the third-fewest times of any team in the NFL, and I like what Moss and Brown offer our offense.

Exactly. All the potential has me excited, and I know potential is just a word that hasn't always worked out for us, but we have enough of a solid base that I think they'll fit on our roster and can find ways to contribute in big ways.

Sorry my system does not seem to allow me to piece quotes, but the reason we went to the SB was the major role our defense played in the playoffs.... Burrow is a major piece of the puzzle but with other pieces ie defense we don;t look good making it to SB
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2024, 09:26 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Sorry my system does not seem to allow me to piece quotes, but the reason we went to the SB was the major role our defense played in the playoffs.... Burrow is a major piece of the puzzle but with other pieces ie defense we don;t look good making it to SB

I agree but hoping the draft picks, Bell, Stone, Rankins, and whoever else we add can help our D succeed and play at a high level.

Even if it's not as good, our o-line should be a lot better, so hopefully that makes up for the d not being as good.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2024, 09:26 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Sorry my system does not seem to allow me to piece quotes, but the reason we went to the SB was the major role our defense played in the playoffs.... Burrow is a major piece of the puzzle but with other pieces ie defense we don;t look good making it to SB

That’s any team that makes it to a Super Bowl. The KC defense was every bit as important as Mahomes was last season. Especially getting elite play out of guys on rookie contracts like McDuffie.

Reply/Quote
I like it more the days pass. So much upside and excitement in our picks. High character guys, athletic, huge, amazing upside and talented. Yep a talented WR with some big concerns but wouldn’t have made it to our pick if he didn’t I guess, same with a couple of other, with injury concerns but still an exciting draft haul for me. Im a bit of a pessimistic optimistic though generally.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2024, 05:51 PM)Capt.Morgan Wrote: I gave it a C+. There's an awful lot of questions about pretty much every pick.

Burton will likely have a significant impact this year.  He's way more talented than anyone else we have competing for the WR3 job.

Jenkins probably won't start, but he'll see significant reps in the DL rotation.
Reply/Quote