B
B-
C+
C
C-
D
F
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Grade This Draft
I am in the camp after first 15 picks, no safe picks to be great starters in year 1 or 2.

I did not see Yoshi playing at all but had some TD's and was very good ST player as well. Jones on other hand drafted earlier, but injury derailed his first season. Turner was thrown into the fire due to injury at CB as well. he was not great so playing time even though significant, is not the barometer for success for rookies.

The deeper the roster, the harder for a rookie to make an impact. Our new DTs are walking into a room with Hill, Rankins and Carter. On other hand, our slot receiver competition could be interesting. Burton may get more of an opportunity to impress as a result. It does not make Mims (behind 2 tackles who won super bowls) a bad pick as hopefully he can learn from them both. I look back years ago to Palmer sitting behind Kitna in year one, it was a great pick, but he did not have an immediate impact.

We want our OL to flourish and keep Joe clean. No need to force players into starting roles until they are ready, hopefully many of them by the end of the year heading into the playoffs are playing lie vets.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2024, 03:18 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: That's my only real problem with this draft. I wish they would have taken a RB somewhere there in the middle. 

As far as these guys complaining that this guy is a reach, that guy has issues - news flash ! Every draft pick is a bit of a gamble.  There's a giant list of "sure fire" draft picks that weren't all that. And another list of so called fringe guys who had great careers. Only time will tell.

Overall I liked how they approached the draft. A

Yes, wanted a RB in this class. I was high on a lot of them, just a bit of a shame for me, but I understand why they took who they took too.

(04-29-2024, 05:03 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: As long as we protect Burrow and allow him to score points, I don't think we need a good defense to get back to the Super Bowl, although it would make it a lot easier.

Don't get me wrong because a defense is important and I wish we had addressed it more, but I'm just saying that we can still win.

Bell and Stone could be big additions in our secondary and let's just hope that we can get after the passer.
I'm actually comfortable with Moss and I'm high on Brown, so I don't mind not taking a back, especially since the line is our biggest need.
I know that this is the AFC North, which is typically a running/physical division, but we can the ball the third-fewest times of any team in the NFL, and I like what Moss and Brown offer our offense.

Exactly. All the potential has me excited, and I know potential is just a word that hasn't always worked out for us, but we have enough of a solid base that I think they'll fit on our roster and can find ways to contribute in big ways.

I am also very high on Zack Moss and Chase Brown, just thought we could use a 3rd RB that can be a thumper. Trayveon Williams is
obviously loved around here for his ST's and other talents, Trayveon had some good returns last year too. Noah Cain the UDFA could
be a thumper for us and Zack Moss while being small is a very good short yardage back.
Reply/Quote
Mims is a B. A on talent, C for context. This org keeps wasting FA money and draft capital on OL and nothing seems to change. Mims is a giant and is supremely talented but raw. So our much-maligned OL coach is tasked with crafting him into an excellent pro.

“LOL”

Jenkins also a B. Don’t believe for a second he was the one they wanted all along. Run stopper, which we need. Offers little in pass rush. Hold that thought because it comes up again shortly.

Burton - A+. Fantastic WR who can play and contribute immediately. A steal.

Jackson is a B-. Definite need, but his profile is Kris Jenkins-. Very safe pick, which isn’t a bad thing.

All us a B. Loads of talent; loads of past injuries.

Cedric J was a fine pick. Great gamble in the later rounds. Freak athlete but needs refinement. A-.

Newton - meh. B- seems to be the best letter grade for “meh.”

McLaughlan was a great if not confusing selection. He shouldn’t have been on the board as long as he was, which may have nudged us into “take the BPA” mentality. A-.

Lee. Lee’s funny to me. Bengals fans seem to think our staff is the only one that knew he existed. They weren’t. Lee shouldn’t have been there in the 7th, but that doesn’t make him Frank Ragnow. He’s a fundamentally solid C/OL who has likely already reached his peak, but that should at least make him rotational. B.

D Anthony is an undersized, moderately athletic DB/DT type. Not a terrible idea in the 7th but there were better picks available. B-
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
For those that attended the 1st rd CJ rally and then decided that they must explain to me what my thoughts are on the matter; I gave it a B+.
Reply/Quote