Poll: Grade the Signing
A
B
C
D
F
[Show Results]
This poll will close on: 05-11-2024
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Grade the Mike Gesicki Signing
(03-12-2024, 11:32 PM)bonesaw Wrote: am I the only one who likes tanner Hudson?

he played well for us didnt realize his contract was up
Reply/Quote
Hudson is good, but he's a backup. Gesicki is an upgrade. The only mistake that the Bengals made with Hayden Hurst was not drafting a suitable replacement since it was obvious that he was in Cincy to revive his career and was looking to move on and make big money. Hurst, Devin Asiasi, Nick Eubanks and Tanner Hudson were their 2022 TEs.

I say that they should still draft a 3rd or 4th round TE.
Gesicki
3rd or 4th round rookie
Sample
Hudson - if he's signed.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2024, 03:37 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: Hudson is good, but he's a backup. Gesicki is an upgrade. The only mistake that the Bengals made with Hayden Hurst was not drafting a suitable replacement since it was obvious that he was in Cincy to revive his career and was looking to move on and make big money. Hurst, Devin Asiasi, Nick Eubanks and Tanner Hudson were their 2022 TEs.

Gesicki
3rd or 4th round rookie
Sample
Hudson - if he's signed.

Pretty sure Mitchell Wilcox was one of those 2022 TE's and he stepped in when Hurst got hurt and played good.

But I agree, we should still draft a 3rd or 4th round TE like Sinnott, Stover or Theo Johnson.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2024, 03:37 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: Hudson is good, but he's a backup. Gesicki is an upgrade. The only mistake that the Bengals made with Hayden Hurst was not drafting a suitable replacement since it was obvious that he was in Cincy to revive his career and was looking to move on and make big money. Hurst, Devin Asiasi, Nick Eubanks and Tanner Hudson were their 2022 TEs.

Gesicki
3rd or 4th round rookie
Sample
Hudson - if he's signed.

They wanted La Porta in the second round but Detroit shrewdly picked him earlier. After that there was a big drop off and nobody they liked was ever there. You don’t reach just to fill a spot. The Bengals are like the poker player who rarely loses after a night of poker but never leaves the big winner. But Hudson & Sample with Gesicki is an upgrade from previous years. Gaseski will be huge on the seam route with safeties concerned with Tee & Chase and Redzone. He’s also a matchup issue in the slot in replace of Boyd.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
I gave it a B.

Gesicki for sure is a good receiving option. But to call him a TE at all maybe a stretch. A big slot receiver?

That is why I stayed with B. Good value ($2.5 v cap via Spotrac). But only 1 year. One dimensional. And it gives away the play. Gesicki is a pass. Sample is a run.

This is a Hudson upgrade, not a TE1 solution. YMMV, of course.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2024, 12:22 PM)jj22 Wrote: M.G in Hudson out? How do you grade the signing?

This is the very definition of a Meh signing. 

Not a ton of upside,  contract was reasonable. 

It doesn't move the needle. 
Reply/Quote
What’s not to like? A receiver only tight end with a season high of 36 yards last year.
Reply/Quote