Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Grading game 5
I wont be doing 1 of these for game 6 because I wont be watching. Because Taylor will still be head coach if you don't like my posts feel free to block me. I would much rather that than some of your idiot criticisms or ill just block you. anyway on to the grades

QB D Joe's worst game as a pro
RB D+ RB's not much better
WR D horrible no separation
TE D+ Sample not much production
OL D Guards were abysmal.
DL C+ played well enough to win
LB A- the bright spot on Sun
CB B Held up nicely in secondary
S B+ Bates has been outstanding - the Browns game
ST B Huber was solid Randy made his 1 kick
Coaching F worst coaching performance I have seen in at least 10 years
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2020, 02:09 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: I wont be doing 1 of these for game 6 because I wont be watching.

Jungle Noise:

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2020, 02:09 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: I wont be doing 1 of these for game 6 because I wont be watching. Because Taylor will still be head coach if you don't like my posts feel free to block me. I would much rather that than some of your idiot criticisms or ill just block you. anyway on to the grades

QB D Joe's worst game as a pro
RB D+ RB's not much better
WR D horrible no separation
TE D+ Sample not much production
OL D Guards were abysmal.
DL C+ played well enough to win
LB A- the bright spot on Sun
CB B Held up nicely in secondary
S   B+ Bates has been outstanding - the Browns game
ST B Huber was solid Randy made his 1 kick
Coaching F worst coaching performance I have seen in at least 10 years

I think it's a fair assessment.

As you said, Burrow looked like a rookie QB in his 5th game.

The OL continues to severely disappoint, but many of the fans said the OL was going to be bad after their only move was bringing in XSF (who hasn't played since Week 1 due to injury).

Tate's not helping his cause with only 4 catches for 56 yards through 4 games. That's an average of 14 yards per game. Not going to cut it as a WR3. That 4.68 40 time seems very accurate when he's on the field. He's only able to make circus catches because he can't separate.

The only receivers worth a damn right now are Boyd and Higgins. Boyd on pace for 1150 yards, 3 TDs. Higgins on pace for about 700 yards, 6 TDs.

DBs continue to play well. LBs doing decent in coverage but need to defend the run better. DL needs to get more pressure.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2020, 02:43 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I think it's a fair assessment.

As you said, Burrow looked like a rookie QB in his 5th game.

The OL continues to severely disappoint, but many of the fans said the OL was going to be bad after their only move was bringing in XSF (who hasn't played since Week 1 due to injury).

Tate's not helping his cause with only 4 catches for 56 yards through 4 games. That's an average of 14 yards per game. Not going to cut it as a WR3. That 4.68 40 time seems very accurate when he's on the field. He's only able to make circus catches because he can't separate.

The only receivers worth a damn right now are Boyd and Higgins. Boyd on pace for 1150 yards, 3 TDs. Higgins on pace for about 700 yards, 6 TDs.

DBs continue to play well. LBs doing decent in coverage but need to defend the run better. DL needs to get more pressure.

Tate has only been targeted 6 times. 6. That’s 235th among all pass catchers in the NFL. Boyd has 40, AJ has 34 and Higgins has 30. His catch rate is 4 out of 6, give him 30 targets and he’d have 20 catches, Higgins has 16. AJ has 14. His only two non catches were those fades into the end zone, which is probably the least successful pass in the NFL.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2020, 02:57 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Tate has only been targeted 6 times. 6. That’s 235th among all pass catchers in the NFL. Boyd has 40, AJ has 34 and Higgins has 30. His catch rate is 4 out of 6, give him 30 targets and he’d have 20 catches, Higgins has 16. AJ has 14.

The targets to AJ have to stop. If I’m Joe I’m not even looking 18’s way unless he’s running wide open (very unlikely). Might as well put Ross back in there ffs...

Remember when everyone was mad cause our pass catching group wasn’t ranked higher before the season? Lol good times.

Reply/Quote
Offense = F
Defense = B-
ST = B
Offensive coaching = F-
Defensive coaching = B
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(10-12-2020, 02:59 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Tate has only been targeted 6 times. 6. That’s 235th among all pass catchers in the NFL. Boyd has 40, AJ has 34 and Higgins has 30. His catch rate is 4 out of 6, give him 30 targets and he’d have 20 catches, Higgins has 16. AJ has 14. His only two non catches were those fades into the end zone, which is probably the least successful pass in the NFL.

I know that Tate has only been targeted 6 times. You don't think there's a reason Tate is only being targeted 6 times? 
His average separation this year is 1.0 yards. His average separation last year is 1.09 yards, which was 102nd in the NFL.
He doesn't get much separation.

https://www.playerprofiler.com/nfl/auden-tate/#!#current-year
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-12-2020, 03:01 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: The targets to AJ have to stop. If I’m Joe I’m not even looking 18’s way unless he’s running wide open (very unlikely). Might as well put Ross back in there ffs...

I saw a stat yesterday on Lance McAllister's blog that, of receivers with at least 10 targets, AJ Green ranks dead last in the entire league in catch percentage.

I believe he was 135 of 135.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2020, 03:04 PM)ochocincos Wrote: https://www.playerprofiler.com/nfl/auden-tate/#!#current-year

That looks like a pretty cool freakin site.

Rep for sharing!
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2020, 03:04 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I know that Tate has only been targeted 6 times. You don't think there's a reason Tate is only being targeted 6 times? 
His average separation this year is 1.0 yards. His average separation last year is 1.09 yards, which was 102nd in the NFL.

I understand that, that’s why his game is circus catches. He’s the type that even if he looks covered, just throw it high and he’ll beat the DB 6 out of 10 times. Green and Thomas are still getting more snaps per game than Tate.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2020, 03:11 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: I understand that, that’s why his game is circus catches. He’s the type that even if he looks covered, just throw it high and he’ll beat the DB 6 out of 10 times.

Lap actually described Tate as an 80/20 type WR. Maybe not on extremely low percentage throws like fades, but I like his chances to come down with most balls.

Reply/Quote
(10-12-2020, 03:10 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: That looks like a pretty cool freakin site.

Rep for sharing!

Working for me, here’s our other top WR:

Boyd: https://www.playerprofiler.com/nfl/tyler-boyd/

Higgins: https://www.playerprofiler.com/nfl/tee-higgins/

Green: https://www.playerprofiler.com/nfl/aj-green/
Reply/Quote
Zac Taylor and Jim Turner get F--.. Zachary needs to admit he got outcoached... He says "we did good that last drive Mike, did you see that?!..it was just a day late and a dollar short, but we did something that last drive when the ravens played loose coverage...didn't i do good Mike??.. Please dont fire me..we did something that last drive all we needed was 4 more quarters..it took me the whole game to figure it out. Please dont fire me Mike, it will be the end of all my credibility and i will probably never be any kind of coach again"
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2020, 02:09 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: I wont be doing 1 of these for game 6 because I wont be watching. Because Taylor will still be head coach if you don't like my posts feel free to block me. I would much rather that than some of your idiot criticisms or ill just block you. anyway on to the grades

Does that mean you will be changing your handle to Bengalfanforsomeoflife27c?
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2020, 04:12 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Does that mean you will be changing your handle to Bengalfanforsomeoflife27c?

I don't have to watch every week to remain a fan
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2020, 04:12 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Does that mean you will be changing your handle to Bengalfanforsomeoflife27c?

Bengalsfairweatherfan4life27c
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2020, 04:25 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: I don't have to watch every week to remain a fan

You're still a Cincinnatti Bengils fan in my book! :andy:
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2020, 03:01 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: The targets to AJ have to stop. If I’m Joe I’m not even looking 18’s way unless he’s running wide open (very unlikely). Might as well put Ross back in there ffs...

Remember when everyone was mad cause our pass catching group wasn’t ranked higher before the season? Lol good times.

AJ being on the field needs to stop ! He needs to be #4 WR, or #5
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2020, 03:04 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I know that Tate has only been targeted 6 times. You don't think there's a reason Tate is only being targeted 6 times? 

Yup.  When they throw to an open Tate, he makes the catch.  Problem is, he doesn't get open very often.  
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2020, 06:02 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: AJ being on the field needs to stop ! He needs to be #4 WR, or #5

Has there been a worse use of the tag in recent history? Not an injury like Dak, but just a complete and total lack of production?

Reply/Quote