Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Grantham Decides To Stay At Florida
(02-14-2019, 04:24 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I'm starting to think that they see a historically poor management team who hired a young QB coach with little coaching experience as their HC and then filled other positions with inexperienced people and they are deciding to steer clear of it.

That's my guess. And they viewed Marvin as the reason this team was above average and his departure worries them.

And there's the key word---GUESS.  Why not guess the other way?  Equal amount of evidence either way--ZERO.

I'm gonna go off the beam, into crazy land and I'm gonna actually withhold judgment until the team is on a field playing.  Wacky, I know.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
I would think this would be a great job for a DC. This has me a little worried that another one say he isnt interested. What is everyones thoughts as to why?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2019, 04:44 PM)WhodeyRay Wrote: I would think this would be a great job for a DC. This has me a little worried that another one say he isnt interested. What is everyones thoughts as to why?

I'm guessing the new regime isn't inspiring a lot of confidence. I'm starting to think they might be right. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(02-14-2019, 04:44 PM)WhodeyRay Wrote: I would think this would be a great job for a DC. This has me a little worried that another one say he isnt interested. What is everyones thoughts as to why?

Grantham runs a 3-4 and doesn't think we have the LB's and our DLine is old.

Supposedly Taylor didn't want DelRio.

Allen won't leave the Saints.

It seems to be a weird mixture of Taylor not hiring guys that could replace him as HC and people not viewing the Bengals as the great job that many on this board do. Most of our coaching hires have been mediocre.
Reply/Quote
Ladies, please...every DC who ever lived was never a coordinator until he was. Every HC who ever lived was never a HC until he was.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
I think his new $1.8 million/year extension and keeping his family in Florida had everything to do with his decision.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2019, 04:43 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: He’s also working well behind the 8 ball. Remember, he’s “officially” been a HC for a whooping 11 days. I don’t think it’s that big of deal. A little concerning but not a big deal

I think that rule is so stupid.....BTW.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(02-14-2019, 04:44 PM)McC Wrote: And there's the key word---GUESS.  Why not guess the other way?  Equal amount of evidence either way--ZERO.

I'm gonna go off the beam, into crazy land and I'm gonna actually withhold judgment until the team is on a field playing.  Wacky, I know.

Wouldn't the other way be they're intimidated to come here because we've been so historically great?

Like I've said in other posts...it's just a lot of guys with no track record. It could turn out ok. It also probably has a lot of risk too.
Reply/Quote
This discussion is taking place now in three threads, can we consolidate over fighting on three different fronts?
Reply/Quote
There could me a million personal reasons why these other guys didnt pan out. Its ok guys patience and hoping Taylor gets someone smart and hungry enough to run this "D" for the 2019 season.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2019, 04:47 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Grantham runs a 3-4 and doesn't think we have the LB's and our DLine is old.

Supposedly Taylor didn't want DelRio.

Allen won't leave the Saints.

It seems to be a weird mixture of Taylor not hiring guys that could replace him as HC and people not viewing the Bengals as the great job that many on this board do. Most of our coaching hires have been mediocre.

If Taylor is rejecting guys based on whether they might replace him we've got much bigger problems than they want to admit.. It's becoming one big "Taylor is a genius, nobody else knows anything" affair..  IDK.. I'm just not too impressed so far. Perhaps things are far different behind the scenes.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
He has better linebackers in Florida to run the 3 4 why would he want to leave. Especially for a discount price
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2019, 05:12 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: Especially for a discount price

Sources close to Bengals and Grantham confirmed they were offering him a competitive deal.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2019, 05:00 PM)GodFather Wrote: There could me a million personal reasons why these other guys didnt pan out. Its ok guys patience and hoping Taylor gets someone smart and hungry enough to run this "D" for the 2019 season.

Right on.  Sanity, it's a bootiful thang.

Reply/Quote

I dont think we are talking about all Nos, some of them were never asked to interview,  also most of them dont have a job or offer from other teams so maybe  they have a specific team or too selective 
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2019, 04:52 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Wouldn't the other way be they're intimidated to come here because we've been so historically great?

Like I've said in other posts...it's just a lot of guys with no track record. It could turn out ok. It also probably has a lot of risk too.

No.  The other way is it could be a mind blowing success.

Of course it has risk.  Some of the best things in life have risk.  Every draft pick is a risk, for instance.  

Reply/Quote
They spoke about this on Sirius today.

Grantham got a pay raise to stay in FLA

JDR and Capers were offered nothing.

Talk is now Aaron Glenn. Pat Kirwan called Glenn one of "his guys" and vouched for his work ethic. PK said he believes Glenn would take the job if offered.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(02-14-2019, 04:52 PM)Chezaugie Wrote: I think his new $1.8 million/year extension and keeping his family in Florida had everything to do with his decision.

In a nutshell.
Bengals football, hot dogs, apple pie and Chevrolet.
Reply/Quote
wait allen said no? I thought we had just asked to interview
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2019, 06:00 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: wait allen said no? I thought we had just asked to interview

Not positive, but I think the Saints gave him a nice extension to stay, so no interview ever took place.

Reply/Quote