Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Great Breakdowns by Voch Lombardi
You guys might want to check Voch Lombardi's player breakdowns on YouTube.

Here's the one he did on Reuben Foster. Voch knows his stuff. I think he does an excellent job.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2017, 06:01 AM)Shady Wrote: You guys might want to check Voch Lombardi's player breakdowns on YouTube.

Here's the one he did on Reuben Foster. Voch knows his stuff. I think he does an excellent job.

Also worth posting this video he did on Luke Kuechly specifically to defend his opinion on Reuben Foster.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVGtjjgwjq0
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
It looked to me from watching the tape is that he was very inconsistent. But anyways the guy is good watched a couple more tapes of his specifically hooker and lattimmore.
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2017, 05:34 PM)Jpoore Wrote: It looked to me from watching the tape is that he was very inconsistent. But anyways the guy is good watched a couple more tapes of his specifically hooker and lattimmore.

I love how he points out so often how opposing QBs don't even look in the direction of Hooker's side of the field unless it's an underneath route.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2017, 06:44 PM)Shady Wrote: I love how he points out so often how opposing QBs don't even look in the direction of Hooker's side of the field unless it's an underneath route.

as well as lattimmore he said that Penn State threw his direction one time. One! But I wanna watch some more of his tapes.
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2017, 07:07 PM)Jpoore Wrote: as well as lattimmore he said that Penn State threw his direction one time. One! But I wanna watch some more of his tapes.

I personally find under tested players in college to be very risky picks. 
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2017, 12:12 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I personally find under tested players in college to be very risky picks. 

This!  Which is why we should stay away from players like Lattimore and Hooker in the 1st Round.
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2017, 12:12 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I personally find under tested players in college to be very risky picks. 

Or that means that he's lockdown corner. He was tested early. They quickly learned not to do that. He was always on his man. I think he's the next Revis. 
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2017, 12:57 AM)Jpoore Wrote: Or that means that he's lockdown corner. He was tested early. They quickly learned not to do that. He was always on his man. I think he's the next Revis. 

So you'd be ok with us taking him at #9? I would be pissed if we took another CB, to be honest. But if Pacman gets cut, I'd sign the kid and hope he could start. Get him and Jackson going asap. Let DreK walk or see if he can play FS? 
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2017, 04:04 AM)Shady Wrote: So you'd be ok with us taking him at #9? I would be pissed if we took another CB, to be honest. But if Pacman gets cut, I'd sign the kid and hope he could start. Get him and Jackson going asap. Let DreK walk or see if he can play FS? 

If DreK walks you sign Gilmore to replace him.....and then draft someone in the middle rounds....
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2017, 04:04 AM)Shady Wrote: So you'd be ok with us taking him at #9? I would be pissed if we took another CB, to be honest. But if Pacman gets cut, I'd sign the kid and hope he could start. Get him and Jackson going asap. Let DreK walk or see if he can play FS? 
I would not be okay with taking a corner at 9 due to fact that we would probably sit him for 2 years, especially since this was his first year starting. That said I feel like he could be a Darell revis so if we took a corner at 9 it's gotta be him, nobody else.personally I want Mike Williams but that's me. We have the money to sign all of our top 3 with 15 million left over. If we cut pacman and Dre k walks then I think you draft a lock down corner in lattimmore at 9 but otherwise don't.
(01-28-2017, 04:22 AM)pulses Wrote: If DreK walks you sign Gilmore to replace him.....and then draft someone in the middle rounds....
Would rather have bouye than gillmore higher upside imo.
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2017, 05:11 AM)Jpoore Wrote: I would not be okay with taking a corner at 9 due to fact that we would probably sit him for 2 years, especially since this was his first year starting. That said I feel like he could be a Darell revis so if we took a corner at 9 it's gotta be him, nobody else.personally I want Mike Williams but that's me. We have the money to sign all of our top 3 with 15 million left over. If we cut pacman and Dre k walks then I think you draft a lock down corner in lattimmore at 9 but otherwise don't.
Would rather have bouye than gillmore higher upside imo.

Bouye has only proven himself for 1 year while Gilmore has proven it for several years.
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2017, 06:03 AM)pulses Wrote: Bouye has only proven himself for 1 year while Gilmore has proven it for several years.

True but bouye has the higher ceiling, gillmore has the higher floor.
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2017, 06:47 AM)Jpoore Wrote: True but bouye has the higher ceiling, gillmore has the higher floor.

We wont sign either(knowing how we spend in FA lol) but my preference is Gilmore.
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2017, 12:57 AM)Jpoore Wrote: Or that means that he's lockdown corner. He was tested early. They quickly learned not to do that. He was always on his man. I think he's the next Revis. 

Or the CB opposite him was so bad opponents said "Yea, that guy's alright, but this guy over here is terrible. We'll just throw over there."

Either way, if the opposition is not even looking his way for whatever reason, then he could be making mistakes that he wasn't paying for, hampering his progression.

I like seeing high PD high INT corners because it means they have been tested and have succeeded.
Reply/Quote

Actually, you'll see in some of his tape where he was beat but has great recovery speed to get to the ball. That's going to be something to watch out for in the NFL. Guys are much faster in the NFL. Although he has some of the best fluid hips I've seen in this draft.

My biggest concerns with him are his lack of playing time and also some games where he isn't tested much. Now that's not always a bad thing, but with someone who's had really one full year and the others riddled with injuries, you need as much tape you can get. He played mostly press coverage and wasn't attacked deep much.

There's a lot of positives about Lattimore. But this is also the deepest cornerback class in quite some time.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
Well, this video has made me think Foster may be a bad pick at #9.
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2017, 08:10 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Well, this video has made me think Foster may be a bad pick at #9.

Voch still thinks he is the best LB in the draft. I think good coaching can clean up his hesitation, if that's the issue.  I think he just works super hard to keep the ball in front of him. Maybe that's what Sagan demands of his Mike. He attacks when he has a clean path to ball carrier. Otherwise, he holds back and waits for the back to commit. He responds in time for minimal game. I'm ok with drafting him.
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2017, 12:57 AM)Shady Wrote: Voch still thinks he is the best LB in the draft. I think good coaching can clean up his hesitation, if that's the issue.  I think he just works super hard to keep the ball in front of him. Maybe that's what Sagan demands of his Mike. He attacks when he has a clean path to ball carrier. Otherwise, he holds back and waits for the back to commit. He responds in time for minimal game. I'm ok with drafting him.

Indecisiveness can be tough to coach out, and it will likely get worse his first year in the pros, at least.  In college, he got away with it because bama had enough DL talent to keep blockers of him.  In the pros, when he hesitates like that,he more often than not will get engaged by an OL and not be able to turn his hips and run to the ball.  

Voch compared him to Kuechly, who was a top 10 pick, and Myles Jack, who was a top 10 pick before his injury came out, and the comparison wasn't favorable.  Just because he's the top guy at a non premium position doesn't mean he's a Top 10 talent.
Reply/Quote
All I can think of when I think about Reuben Foster at 9 is Keith Rivers at 9. Stud LB from a great college team.
Reply/Quote