2. Big Trouble in Little China
3. Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter
4. Zombieland
5. Raw Head Rex

The very bottom movies that should be burned
1. Rocky Horror Picture Show

Love this movie.  And now your gonna make me have to watch it later haha

Reply/Quote
Not sure if it's well known, but how about Fletch and Fletch lives?  It just happened to be on today, funny movies Big Grin
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2015, 01:02 PM)RICHMONDBENGAL_07 Wrote: Not sure if it's well known, but how about Fletch and Fletch lives?  It just happened to be on today, funny movies Big Grin

I freaking love those.

"You using the whole fist doc"
Reply/Quote
Outside Providence - Alec Baldwin, Amy Smart
[Image: th?id=OIP.Me1c937d970699db1b10a16742aadc...=300&h=300]

Employee Of The Month - Matt Dillon, Steve Zahn, Christina Applegate
[Image: th?id=OIP.Ma57cd7a50a78042cc587b6b248272...=300&h=300]

Happy Texas - William H. Macy , Steve Zahn
[Image: th?id=OIP.M9cebe17064ec6f053fcb7a6ea1aa6....6&h=160.3]

The Ref - Dennis Leary , Kevin Spacey
[Image: th?id=JN.DH%2b7YzrtSD1x3SQ1Zo9Bxg&pid=15...=309&h=182]

The Sure Thing - John Cusak
[Image: th?id=OIP.M60b9a96a94e38744ea00a308b285d...=300&h=300]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2015, 11:09 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: I watched that movie many years after it came out.  It really surprised me.  I didn't think it would be that good.

I want to see Let The Right One In.  I need to look that one up.

Do it! It is on Netflix. It's not your typical vampire movie. The American remake was great and all, but the CGI parts killed it for me. It was pretty much a shot for shot remake. The Swedish one, Let the Right One It, is amazing. Definitely one of my all time favorite vampire movies. It is with the elite class of those types of films.
Reply/Quote
Big trouble in little china + bloodsport = mortal kombat.
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2015, 11:24 PM)Naranja Tigre Wrote: Big trouble in little china + bloodsport = mortal kombat.

Have to.....

Reply/Quote
"Local Hero." 1983. Think it was Burt Lancaster's last movie. Outstanding. Excellent soundtrack by Mark Knopfler.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
"The Stoned Age." 1994. Not gonna win any Oscar's or anything but still pretty funny. The hot slut blond ain't bad either. Warning--women will not find it nearly as funny as dudes.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
"Barton Fink"

Barton Fink is a 1991 American period film written, produced, directed and edited by the Coen brothers. Set in 1941, it stars John Turturro in the title role as a young New York City playwright who is hired to write scripts for a film studio in Hollywood, and John Goodman as Charlie, the insurance salesman who lives next door at the run-down Hotel Earle.

Barton Fink premiered at the Cannes Film Festival in May 1991. In a rare sweep, it won the Palme d'Or, as well as awards for Best Director and Best Actor (Turturro). Although it was celebrated almost universally by critics and nominated for three Academy Awards, the film grossed only a little over $6 million at the box office,
Reply/Quote
"Bang the Drum Slowly"

Robert DiNiro was an unknown actor when this came out. He plays a dim-witted major league baseball player dying of cancer.
Reply/Quote
A couple of lesser known Woody Allen films that are some of his bets work.

"Sweet an Low Down"

Sweet and Lowdown is a 1999 American comedy-drama film written and directed by Woody Allen. The film tells the story, set in the 1930s, of a fictional jazz guitarist named Emmet Ray (played by Sean Penn) who regards himself as the second greatest guitarist in the world (after jazz icon Django Reinhardt) who falls in love with a mute woman (Samantha Morton). The film also stars Uma Thurman and Anthony LaPaglia.
The film, loosely based on Federico Fellini's film La Strada, was one of Allen's best-received dramatic films.[1] Penn and Morton both received Oscar nominations, for Best Actor and Best Supporting Actress respectively.

"Crimes and Misdemeanors"

Crimes and Misdemeanors is a 1989 existential drama written, directed by and co-starring Woody Allen, alongside Martin Landau, Mia Farrow, Anjelica Huston, Jerry Orbach, Alan Alda, Sam Waterston and Joanna Gleason.
The film was met with critical acclaim and was nominated for three Academy Awards: Woody Allen, for Best Director; Martin Landau, for Best Actor in a Supporting Role; and Allen again, for Best Writing, Screenplay Written Directly for the Screen.
Reply/Quote
Great "lesser known" Robin Williams movie

"The Fisher King"

The Fisher King is a 1991 American comedy-drama film written by Richard LaGravenese and directed by Terry Gilliam. It stars Robin Williams and Jeff Bridges, with Mercedes Ruehl, Amanda Plummer, and Michael Jeter in supporting roles. The film is about a radio shock jock who tries to find redemption by helping a man whose life he inadvertently shattered.

Jack Lucas (Bridges), a selfish, misanthropic shock jock, becomes suicidally despondent after his insensitive on-air comments inadvertently prompt an unstable caller to commit a mass murder-suicide at a popular Manhattan restaurant. Three years later, Jack is working with his girlfriend Anne (Ruehl) in a video store in a mostly drunken, depressed state. One night while on a bender, he attempts suicide. Before he can do so, he is mistaken for a homeless person and is attacked and nearly set on fire by thugs. He is rescued by Parry (Williams), a deluded homeless man who is on a mission to find the Holy Grail, and tries to convince Jack to help him. Jack is initially reluctant, but comes to feel responsible for Parry when he learns that the man's condition is a result of witnessing his wife's horrific murder at the hands of Jack's psychotic caller.
Reply/Quote
"Tender Mercies"

Tender Mercies is a 1983 American drama film directed by Bruce Beresford. The screenplay by Horton Foote focuses on Mac Sledge, a recovering alcoholic country music singer who seeks to turn his life around through his relationship with a young widow and her son in rural Texas. Robert Duvall plays the role of Mac; the supporting cast includes Tess Harper, Betty Buckley, Wilford Brimley, Ellen Barkin and Allan Hubbard.

The film encompasses several different themes, including the importance of love and family, the possibility of spiritual resurrection amid death, and the concept of redemption through Mac Sledge's conversion to Christianity. Following poor test screening results, distributor Universal Pictures made little effort to publicize Tender Mercies, which Duvall attributed to the studio's lack of understanding of country music.

The film was released on March 4, 1983, in a limited number of theaters. Although unsuccessful at the box office, it was critically acclaimed and earned five Academy Award nominations, including one for Best Picture. Tender Mercies won Oscars for Best Original Screenplay for Foote and Best Actor for Duvall, his first and only win as of 2015.
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2015, 11:58 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Great "lesser known" Robin Williams movie

"The Fisher King"

The Fisher King is a 1991 American comedy-drama film written by Richard LaGravenese and directed by Terry Gilliam. It stars Robin Williams and Jeff Bridges, with Mercedes Ruehl, Amanda Plummer, and Michael Jeter in supporting roles. The film is about a radio shock jock who tries to find redemption by helping a man whose life he inadvertently shattered.

Jack Lucas (Bridges), a selfish, misanthropic shock jock, becomes suicidally despondent after his insensitive on-air comments inadvertently prompt an unstable caller to commit a mass murder-suicide at a popular Manhattan restaurant. Three years later, Jack is working with his girlfriend Anne (Ruehl) in a video store in a mostly drunken, depressed state. One night while on a bender, he attempts suicide. Before he can do so, he is mistaken for a homeless person and is attacked and nearly set on fire by thugs. He is rescued by Parry (Williams), a deluded homeless man who is on a mission to find the Holy Grail, and tries to convince Jack to help him. Jack is initially reluctant, but comes to feel responsible for Parry when he learns that the man's condition is a result of witnessing his wife's horrific murder at the hands of Jack's psychotic caller.

Great movie.
Reply/Quote
"Red Rock West." 1994. Nicholas Cage, Dennis Hopper, JT Walsh. Very good mistaken identity story.

"The Man Who Knew Too Little." 1997. Bill Murray. Another mistaken identity flick. Cracks me up every time I see it.

Reply/Quote
anyone remember this movie?

[Image: MV5BMjA2NTY0MTIyNF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwMTAw...SY720_.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Not many people i have known know about "Kingdom of Heaven" with Orlando Bloom, Liam Neeson and Eva Green.

Great movie.

Also, i am sure a lot of people know about "Raising Arizona" with Nic Cage but it is a great movie, one of his first ones.
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2015, 01:04 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Love this movie.  And now your gonna make me have to watch it later haha

Definately one of my top 5 movies...THX
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2015, 07:13 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Not many people i have known know about "Kingdom of Heaven" with Orlando Bloom, Liam Neeson and Eva Green.

Great movie.

Also, i am sure a lot of people know about "Raising Arizona" with Nic Cage but it is a great movie, one of his first ones.

The robbery and chase scene is one of the best memorable pieces of cinematography made IMO.

So many great things in that movie.  The dialogue exchanges alone are worth the watch.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote