Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Great news for Bengal Fans!
Big Ben, the HOF QB and Bengal killer is going to retire in the next two years and possibly after this up coming season.
All you Bengal fans on this board who pray and sell your souls to the devil for Ben to get hurt, just have to be patient.
After two and possibly one more seasons, the Bengals will finally have a chance to win a playoff game. Hang in there. ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(07-31-2017, 05:06 PM)ballsofsteel Wrote: Big Ben, the HOF QB and Bengal killer is going to retire in the next two years and possibly after this up coming season.
All you Bengal fans on this board who pray and sell your souls to the devil for Ben to get hurt, just have to be patient.
After two and possibly one more seasons, the Bengals will finally have a chance to win a playoff game. Hang in there.  ThumbsUp

Who?

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(07-31-2017, 05:06 PM)ballsofsteel Wrote: Big Ben, the HOF QB and Bengal killer is going to retire in the next two years and possibly after this up coming season.
After two and possibly one more seasons, the Bengals will finally have a chance to win a playoff game. Hang in there.  ThumbsUp

Houston has given us more problems in the playoffs than Pittsburgh. And the players did it on the field without their coaches pulling hair and throwing tantrums, or giant useless guys pretending to be rolling pins. Houston manned up and played football. Hopefully, the next time we meet Pittsburg in the postseason, they will, too.
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2017, 07:24 PM)Benton Wrote: Houston has given us more problems in the playoffs than Pittsburgh. And the players did it on the field without their coaches pulling hair and throwing tantrums, or giant useless guys pretending to be rolling pins. Houston manned up and played football. Hopefully, the next time we meet Pittsburg in the postseason, they will, too.
Still hurts don't it? Sad

Pitt record in PO's vs Cinci = 2-0
Houston record in PO's vs Pitt = 2-0
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2017, 07:36 PM)ballsofsteel Wrote: Still hurts don't it? Sad

Pitt record in PO's vs Cinci = 2-0
Houston record in PO's vs Pitt = 2-0

Bengals technically lost to the Steelers twice, but they put up more than 14 points (17 and 16) each time so it was still two pretty good moral victories for them.

Under that system, where we just count a bengals playoff game as a win for them if the score more than 14 points, their record in the last 25 years improves to 2-5.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Does this mean we're the undisputed champions of morality post season wins? So we have the Mother Teresa trophy for moral wins?

Yes, I'm truly impressed.  Yey us. .... 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Steelers will still get all the calls, the refs will still hand them games by ignoring coaches illegally being on the field and what-not, Ben will still rape college chicks, but I think they're going to struggle without Ben's ability to extend plays.

I will say that I think your offense takes a big hit when Ben retires and Dobbs takes over because he can scramble but he's not a great passer and Geno and our pass rush won't allow him to scramble too much.
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2017, 08:06 AM)6andcounting Wrote: Bengals technically lost to the Steelers twice, but they put up more than 14 points (17 and 16) each time so it was still two pretty good moral victories for them.

Under that system, where we just count a bengals playoff game as a win for them if the score more than 14 points, their record in the last 25 years improves to 2-5.

This is actually funny. Your ship is going to sink and you're still smacking.

Reply/Quote
(08-03-2017, 07:58 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: This is actually funny. Your ship is going to sink and you're still smacking.

According to Bengals fans, the Steelers are too old and set to lose too many good players to compete.  of course, this has been their mantra since 2004, as if we don't get draft picks and cap money like every other team.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote

He's really pushing it.  Hope he doesn't have to suddenly retire, during this season.  I noticed Landry Jones was getting more reps than usual, for a Steeler backup.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
The really sad part is, when the Steelers hit that mediocrity road, this place will be a ghost town. 

There won't be a single steeler face to laugh in and mock. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2017, 11:17 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: The really sad part is, when the Steelers hit that mediocrity road, this place will be a ghost town. 

There won't be a single steeler face to laugh in and mock. 

Have you never been around a Steelers' fan?!  They'll show up even stronger just going on and on and on about the past because that's all they have!
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2017, 11:55 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Have you never been around a Steelers' fan?!  They'll show up even stronger just going on and on and on about the past because that's all they have!

LOL. At least we have a past. This years divisional championship will be the "past" we have next year.
Reply/Quote

Thank god. I'm sick of him raping us in the playoffs.
[Image: Untitleddfcopycopycopycopy_zps872b23c3.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2017, 11:55 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Have you never been around a Steelers' fan?!  They'll show up even stronger just going on and on and on about the past because that's all they have!

Is it 'That's all they have', or 'That's all they'll have'?

Because since the last time the Steelers have won a Super Bowl (presumably the past to which we all so desperately cling), they've dominated the Bengals in both the regular season (11-5) and in the playoffs (1-0 head-to-head, plus 5 playoff wins vs. 0).  

So, if Steelers fans are fixated on the past, and the most recent present is also in our favor, all that leaves for you is to focus on the future.   Tongue  
Reply/Quote

Yup, one or two more seasons and 6-10 more completely overdramatized injuries.
Reply/Quote
Ben's just being Hollywood............ he'll probably play another five years.
Reply/Quote
Early retirement. CTE due to basketballing his own head off a windshield.
Reply/Quote
(08-05-2017, 08:27 AM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Early retirement. CTE due to basketballing his own head off a windshield.

This post saved the thread...it was total garbage till this post.  ThumbsUp

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Never figured out what Bengal fans have to talk smack about (scratching my head). Am I missing something? Thanks.
Reply/Quote