Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Draft and Bengal Medical Team
(07-20-2017, 12:00 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Who's to say the Bengals wouldn't have drafted Williams if he was there at 9. Personally I think we would have if Ross was already gone.

Agreed. The Bengals have been looking for speed. Ross offered a ton of that, plus he's a polished receiver who doesn't need to learn a route tree. I'm pretty sure we would've taken Ross even if Williams was on the table.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
Just saying, we did draft an injury prone WR albeit with a different skill set, so I think it's highly likely that we could have drafted Williams just the same.
Reply/Quote
(07-20-2017, 04:40 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Let's not pat ourselves on the back yet about drafting Ross and have karma get him in training camp.

I was going to say, didn't we do this same thing last year?  A guy we may have wanted got injured in training camp and we had a big laugh and then someone of ours got hurt the next day?  I don't believe in karma, but it is a little wacky that we are assuming if we drafted a guy who got hurt on the other side of the country that he would have gotten hurt here, too.

Wacky.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I'm not a big fan of doctors in general. After all,  ALL OF their patients eventually die anyway. 
I've always said that if it weren't for great looking nurses I would never bother to get sick or injured. I'd just stay healthy forever. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-20-2017, 09:31 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: A lot of fans love to trash our medical team, some is warranted especially many years ago when we paid big bucks to a Bryant who had a bum knee and never played a game for us at WR. Fast forward to 2017 and a lot of fans had Mike Williams (back issues) ahead of John Ross (shoulder injury). I have no idea how it plays out, but it just shows the tough decisions that face a medical staff and Tobin and his team drafting and signing players.

I read Mike Williams may need back surgery and likely to start on PUP. To date, all indications Ross will be ready for camp but we won't know until camp starts next week. If Williams does  end up with surgery I know a lot of fans would be trashing our medical staff. My point being lots of team doctors make mistakes every year, not just the Bengals. Last point is we sometimes carry tapes in our mind of the past we can't let go. Are the Bengal's medical staff that bad or are we being overly critical?

I understood being critical back in the days that you speak of and when Braham went out but since we replaced those
guys our medical staff has been much better and just like every team injuries happen. I was for taking Ross over Mike
Williams before the draft and that hasn't changed just feel better about it after hearing of Mike's back.

Ross should be ready for the Regual season is all i have heard and that is what matters.
Reply/Quote
(07-21-2017, 03:16 AM)grampahol Wrote: I'm not a big fan of doctors in general. After all,  ALL OF their patients eventually die anyway. 
I've always said that if it weren't for great looking nurses I would never bother to get sick or injured. I'd just stay healthy forever. 

They wouldn't have a job if everyone was healthy all the time.

But yeah, hot nurses are cool man. Me like. Smirk
Reply/Quote