Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Draft and Bengal Medical Team - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Draft and Bengal Medical Team (/Thread-Draft-and-Bengal-Medical-Team)

Pages: 1 2

Draft and Bengal Medical Team - Luvnit2 - 07-20-2017

A lot of fans love to trash our medical team, some is warranted especially many years ago when we paid big bucks to a Bryant who had a bum knee and never played a game for us at WR. Fast forward to 2017 and a lot of fans had Mike Williams (back issues) ahead of John Ross (shoulder injury). I have no idea how it plays out, but it just shows the tough decisions that face a medical staff and Tobin and his team drafting and signing players.

I read Mike Williams may need back surgery and likely to start on PUP. To date, all indications Ross will be ready for camp but we won't know until camp starts next week. If Williams does end up with surgery I know a lot of fans would be trashing our medical staff. My point being lots of team doctors make mistakes every year, not just the Bengals. Last point is we sometimes carry tapes in our mind of the past we can't let go. Are the Bengal's medical staff that bad or are we being overly critical?

RE: Draft and Bengal Medical Team - ochocincos - 07-20-2017

(07-20-2017, 09:31 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: A lot of fans love to trash our medical team, some is warranted especially many years ago when we paid big bucks to a Bryant who had a bum knee and never played a game for us at WR. Fast forward to 2017 and a lot of fans had Mike Williams (back issues) ahead of John Ross (shoulder injury). I have no idea how it plays out, but it just shows the tough decisions that face a medical staff and Tobin and his team drafting and signing players.

I read Mike Williams may need back surgery and likely to start on PUP. To date, all indications Ross will be ready for camp but we won't know until camp starts next week. If Williams does  end up with surgery I know a lot of fans would be trashing our medical staff. My point being lots of team doctors make mistakes every year, not just the Bengals. Last point is we sometimes carry tapes in our mind of the past we can't let go. Are the Bengal's medical staff that bad or are we being overly critical?

Me when John Ross has a better career than Mike Williams...
[Image: 30061889.jpg]

RE: Draft and Bengal Medical Team - Pat5775 - 07-20-2017

Wasn't our medical staff completely replaced a few years ago?

RE: Draft and Bengal Medical Team - sandwedge - 07-20-2017

(07-20-2017, 09:31 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: A lot of fans love to trash our medical team, some is warranted especially many years ago when we paid big bucks to a Bryant who had a bum knee and never played a game for us at WR. Fast forward to 2017 and a lot of fans had Mike Williams (back issues) ahead of John Ross (shoulder injury). I have no idea how it plays out, but it just shows the tough decisions that face a medical staff and Tobin and his team drafting and signing players.

I read Mike Williams may need back surgery and likely to start on PUP. To date, all indications Ross will be ready for camp but we won't know until camp starts next week. If Williams does  end up with surgery I know a lot of fans would be trashing our medical staff. My point being lots of team doctors make mistakes every year, not just the Bengals. Last point is we sometimes carry tapes in our mind of the past we can't let go. Are the Bengal's medical staff that bad or are we being overly critical?

I read the story on Williams yesterday and my understanding is, he could miss this season. For some reason, I wasn't on the Williams bandwagon. To slow maybe, no separation??

I don't understand what you mean when you say, fans would trash our medical staff if Williams needs surgery? I would think that would bode well for our staff and not so good for the Charger's staff??
 I know what you mean though, the old stories of, "he's got a bruise, he'll be ready in 2 weeks", only to find out later he will need surgery and lost for the season...

RE: Draft and Bengal Medical Team - TKUHL - 07-20-2017

Who's to say the Bengals wouldn't have drafted Williams if he was there at 9. Personally I think we would have if Ross was already gone.

RE: Draft and Bengal Medical Team - packerbacker - 07-20-2017

It could be way worse. You could have our medical team which is garbage. Our players get hurt all the time.

RE: Draft and Bengal Medical Team - pally - 07-20-2017

(07-20-2017, 10:36 AM)Pat5775 Wrote: Wasn't our medical staff completely replaced a few years ago?

yes...when the Bryant debacle occurred the Bengals used doctors with Wellington Orthopedics.  Now their primary ortho is Marc Galloway from Cincinnati Sports Medicine.

Mike Williams hurt his back during rookie mini camp not prior to the draft

RE: Draft and Bengal Medical Team - THE PISTONS - 07-20-2017

(07-20-2017, 12:00 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Who's to say the Bengals wouldn't have drafted Williams if he was there at 9. Personally I think we would have if Ross was already gone.

We don't know...but I read some rumblings that the Bengals liked Ross for quite some time. If we had a Top 5 picks...we might have drafted Ross still.

RE: Draft and Bengal Medical Team - Luvnit2 - 07-20-2017

(07-20-2017, 11:58 AM)sandwedge Wrote: I read the story on Williams yesterday and my understanding is, he could miss this season. For some reason, I wasn't on the Williams bandwagon. To slow maybe, no separation??

I don't understand what you mean when you say, fans would trash our medical staff if Williams needs surgery?
I would think that would bode well for our staff and not so good for the Charger's staff??
 I know what you mean though, the old stories of, "he's got a bruise, he'll be ready in 2 weeks", only to find out later he will need surgery and lost for the season...

I was saying if we had drafted Williams over Ross.

(07-20-2017, 10:36 AM)Pat5775 Wrote: Wasn't our medical staff completely replaced a few years ago?

Yes, it actually evolves all the time.

(07-20-2017, 12:00 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Who's to say the Bengals wouldn't have drafted Williams if he was there at 9. Personally I think we would have if Ross was already gone.

Maybe, but we will never know for sure. 2 different receivers and skill sets so I am not sure that would have been the case. I think they may had gone defense. But, again no idea to know if I am correct.

(07-20-2017, 12:01 PM)pally Wrote: yes...when the Bryant debacle occurred the Bengals used doctors with Wellington Orthopedics.  Now their primary ortho is Marc Galloway from Cincinnati Sports Medicine.

Mike Williams hurt his back during rookie mini camp not prior to the draft

If true my mistake, but I know he had injury concerns coming into the draft. Anyone know his issue prior to rookie camp? 

RE: Draft and Bengal Medical Team - XenoMorph - 07-20-2017

yes they were not long after the Bryant thing

I'm glad that we didn't draft Mike Williams - Trademark - 07-20-2017

He has a herniated disk and might need surgery and if he has surgery he will miss his rookie season. We look really smart by drafting Ross.

RE: I'm glad that we didn't draft Mike Williams - XenoMorph - 07-20-2017

(07-20-2017, 02:05 PM)Trademark Wrote: He has a herniated disk and might need surgery and if he has surgery he will miss his rookie season. We look really smart by drafting Ross.

Well this happened at Rookie mini camp..

If Ross had been able to attend he might have gotten hurt as well.

first round WRs haven't been fairing to well lately in the health department

RE: Draft and Bengal Medical Team - Sled21 - 07-20-2017

People always want to bash on the medical staff because so and so's recovery takes longer than we think it should. To listen to the fans talk, you'd think our staff was doing surgeries at PBS. Our staff gets them off the field, then they see the best in the country for surgeries. These guys have all the money in the world, do you not think they will go get the best surgeon they can find? When I'm critical, I tend to be more critical of our trainers when we have a rash of pulled hamstrings .....

RE: I'm glad that we didn't draft Mike Williams - Benton - 07-20-2017

(07-20-2017, 02:05 PM)Trademark Wrote: He has a herniated disk and might need surgery and if he has surgery he will miss his rookie season. We look really smart by drafting Ross.

Agreed.

We would have looked silly if we drafted Williams and then let him get hurt at a Chargers preseason camp.

Mellow

RE: Draft and Bengal Medical Team - Pat5775 - 07-20-2017

(07-20-2017, 02:05 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: yes they were not long after the Bryant thing
Huh... Interesting. I thought it was more recent than that but if the Bryant debacle didn't justify an overhaul I don't know what would. 

How come we still have the older gentlemen with the gray streak of hair going down the middle of his head (sorry, I'm not mocking him. I don't know his name and it's a very distinguishing characteristic). I feel like he's been part of the staff forever... The medical staff version of Paul Alexander perhaps? 

RE: Draft and Bengal Medical Team - Earendil - 07-20-2017

(07-20-2017, 02:33 PM)Benton Wrote: Agreed.

We would have looked silly if we drafted Williams and then let him get hurt at a Chargers preseason camp.

Mellow

Hilarious

RE: Draft and Bengal Medical Team - Sled21 - 07-20-2017

Let's not pat ourselves on the back yet about drafting Ross and have karma get him in training camp.