Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Green is Back Sunday
Many Some said AJ would tank and not play again in 2018. Well, he is playing and said he would play if healthy of we were 0-15.

The year will be over for sure with a loss (may be over anyway), but I am excited to see how Driskel plays with Green, Boyd and Ross all 100% healthy
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Green is soft though right?? Bengals fans love blaming their best players.
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2018, 03:21 PM)MentalRage Wrote: Green is soft though right?? Bengals fans love blaming their best players.

Some do.

A lot of people just don't trust AD to lead us to the promised land. So, I am hoping Driskell throwing to AJ, Boyd and Ross can show us what we did not see in preseason as those 3 are long gone when Driskel came in the game.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
So hard to be enthusiastic right now.
Reply/Quote
Green doesn't give up as quickly as others. Good on him.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
No one should give up. As sad as this sounds , the Bengals could easily still make the playoffs.
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2018, 03:21 PM)MentalRage Wrote: Green is soft though right?? Bengals fans love blaming their best players.

Who said he was soft?  
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(11-28-2018, 03:17 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Many said AJ would tank and not play again in 2018. Well, he is playing and said he would play if healthy of we were 0-15.

The year will be over for sure with a loss (may be over anyway), but I am excited to see how Driskel plays with Green, Boyd and Ross all 100% healthy

Who are all the many people who said this?  It doesn't ring a bell.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(11-28-2018, 04:04 PM)bengalhoel Wrote: No one should give up. As sad as this sounds , the Bengals could easily still make the playoffs.

Not sure how "easily" making the playoffs will be.....
Reply/Quote
Mike Brown doesn't deserve AJ Green.
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2018, 03:17 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Many said AJ would tank and not play again in 2018. Well, he is playing and said he would play if healthy of we were 0-15.

Actually, one (1) member posted a thread expressing those sentiments.  As I recall, the majority of posters in that thread disagreed with the idea that a consummate professional like AJ Green would ever "tank", "give up", or otherwise not give his all if he was physically capable of doing so.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Good news, want him to have another good year regardless, great man, great player that deserves more.

Build on the Boyd, Ross chemistry and i have always liked Driskel as our backup, liked him over AJM last year.

Driskel has a nice throwing motion with fantastic athleticism. I picked the Broncos to beat us cause of our terrible
Defense but wouldn't surprise me if we pulled out a win with Green back. Still the O-line needs to play better but
with Driskel he can escape the pocket and make teams pay big time. Also hit AJ and the other talent when the
play breaks down.

Good Defense in Denver though.
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2018, 04:27 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Actually, one (1) member posted a thread expressing those sentiments.  As I recall, the majority of posters in that thread disagreed with the idea that a consummate professional like AJ Green would ever "tank", "give up", or otherwise not give his all if he was physically capable of doing so.

Yeah that's not AJ at all.  I watched the cuts to his face Sunday and he was flat out livid.   There was no sign of him being emotionally checked out.

I just hope he is not unnecessarily putting himself in a position to create a permanent injury like Jack Lambert did...
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2018, 04:30 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Good news, want him to have another good year regardless, great man, great player that deserves more.

Build on the Boyd, Ross chemistry and i have always liked Driskel as our backup, liked him over AJM last year.

Driskel has a nice throwing motion with fantastic athleticism. I picked the Broncos to beat us cause of our terrible
Defense but wouldn't surprise me if we pulled out a win with Green back. Still the O-line needs to play better but
with Driskel he can escape the pocket and make teams pay big time. Also hit AJ and the other talent when the
play breaks down.

Good Defense in Denver though.

I have always liked Driskel, but it's going to be a tall order for him Sunday.

I just hope he, Price, Ross, Tate and one or two of our young TEs show some significant growth.   I'd be pretty happy if Burfict showed up Sunday as well.
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2018, 04:34 PM)3wt Wrote: I have always liked Driskel, but it's going to be a tall order for him Sunday.

I just hope he, Price, Ross, Tate and one or two of our young TEs show some significant growth.   I'd be pretty happy if Burfict showed up Sunday as well.

Heard Price had a bad game against the Stains, sure help he improves no doubt. Pretty sure he will, think he will
be a stud down the road. Ross is still scoring TD's even if he is not living up to the draft position yet.

Don't know what has happened to Burfict except he has a lingering injury as Sunset has alluded to.
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2018, 04:27 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Actually, one (1) member posted a thread expressing those sentiments.  As I recall, the majority of posters in that thread disagreed with the idea that a consummate professional like AJ Green would ever "tank", "give up", or otherwise not give his all if he was physically capable of doing so.

Ah, so many is now defined as one.  That must be new math.

Reply/Quote

Yeah.....and calls the QB Mandy, and called Bobby Hart Bobby "hunt". LMAO

To be fair.....I did suggest that maybe AJ's toe injury lingers....lol.  So there's 2. Ninja

I'm glad he's back......I need him in fantasy BADLY.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
BTW, who are these "others" that have allegedly given up?

Reply/Quote
(11-28-2018, 04:46 PM)Wyche Wrote: Yeah.....and calls the QB Mandy, and called Bobby Hart Bobby "hunt". LMAO

To be fair.....I did suggest that maybe AJ's toe injury lingers....lol.  So there's 2. Ninja

To further be fair, injuries do linger in these parts, so your suggestion wouldn't be too out of bounds.  And your suggestion was more a reflection of injuries in general among Bengals.

There were a few of us who wondered if he would end up on IR with the way injuries are around here.  But there was not even a hint of a suggestion that he would tank anything.

Reply/Quote
(11-28-2018, 04:51 PM)McC Wrote: To further be fair, injuries do linger in these parts, so your suggestion wouldn't be too out of bounds.  And your suggestion was more a reflection of injuries in general among Bengals.

There were a few of us who wondered if he would end up on IR with the way injuries are around here.  But there was not even a hint of a suggestion that he would tank anything.

Well, that's true, and I was suggesting that he would play it much safer now that the playoffs are pretty much done for.  I did, however, expect him to return this season.  I was kinda implying that he would now wait to 100% heal, and protect "his assets", vs risking further or more permanent injury.  

One thing about, AJ is a gamer and great teammate.

Reply/Quote