Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Green on IR
(12-04-2018, 02:08 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Thought so the moment he went down.

Great player and man, hope he gets this injury sorted out. This has happened to him a couple times with the toe.

I'm really worried about this injury.   It ended Jack Lambert's career and he was in a LOT of pain on the field.

He's a gamer, which I appreciate.  And there would have been folks that interpreted the move as a lack of commitment to winning, but I would not have played him again this year to improve the chance of avoiding a career buster.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2018, 04:01 PM)BengalChris Wrote: I wasn't trying to imply that is was Dalton or even mostly Dalton, but we haven't won this year since AJ Green went down. 2014 and 15 were a long time ago. Dalton hasn't run for a TD in two years (when Whit and Zietler were both with the team). And I don't blame him cause I wouldn't want to be a QB trying to run behind this line either.

Boyd is a great complimentary WR, but he's not a #1, and without any other receiving threats (including Ross) Boyd is going to get the bulk of the attention of defenses and rightly so because he's the best receiver this team has on the active roster.

I have no hope that Merv will get anything done. I have no hope that Mike Brown will make a right decision about the next coach either. The only hope Bengals fans really have about the future is the Blackburns, and my hope for them is tempered by the fact that Mike Brown may have infected them with his low expectations for this team. Hopefully they are just wait for him depart so they can actually get something done.

Agreed.  He may eventually develop into that, but right now, he needs a complimentary wideout to take some of the coverage off of him.  He could be the best #2 in the game, but a #1 he is not.  

The reason I brought up 2014 is because not only was Green out a significant portion of the season, Jones was out the entire year, Eifert was out after one game.  Mo Sanu was our #1 while Green was out.  We still managed 10-6 and another 1 and done.  I think the difference was the line's ability to pass block well, and some very creative playcalls during the stretches he missed.  We've seen neither this go around.  Mixon is a better player than Hill, and yet, he still broke 1,000 yds in what.....13 games?  Also, our defense was still a force.  It's an unmitigated disaster this season.  Just my 2 cents.  

I agree with you, it seems our offense is too caught up in the AJ Green show.  Once the TEs and he got injured, there has been no significant adjustments.  You have a very athletic QB in there now, and two good RBs.....use them to your advantage.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
"What is worse is that there is a whole shit ton of media out there who root against this team and love it when the Bengals embarrass themselves"

This team gets everything it deserves from the media.
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote