Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Green on IR
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000995883/article/bengals-placing-aj-green-toe-on-seasonending-ir

No surprise. Maybe they'll work out some other WRs. LOL. Like that will happen.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Team hasn't won a game since AJ's been out of the line-up, Dalton or no Dalton, makes no difference, which is sad when talking about a starting QB.

Oakland and Cleveland are the best chances of a win, but honestly I don't see the coaches letting it happen. Merv has his play-not-to-lose game plan out, so expect him to run the clock down on every possession to get out of games as quickly as possible.

Reply/Quote
(12-04-2018, 01:14 AM)BengalChris Wrote: Team hasn't won a game since AJ's been out of the line-up, Dalton or no Dalton, makes no difference, which is sad when talking about a starting QB.

Oakland and Cleveland are the best chances of a win, but honestly I don't see the coaches letting it happen. Merv has his play-not-to-lose game plan out, so expect him to run the clock down on every possession to get out of games as quickly as possible.

I noticed this in the last game we was down and needed two or three scores but we ran the ball as if we was winning the game and was bleeding the clock.
Reply/Quote
Mixon had like 12 carries for something like 82 yards.

If anything, they ran too little.
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2018, 01:14 AM)BengalChris Wrote: Team hasn't won a game since AJ's been out of the line-up, Dalton or no Dalton, makes no difference, which is sad when talking about a starting QB.

We have won several games without him.....just not recently.  The team is not very good elsewhere.  When we won games without him in 2014, the line could block, Hill ran well, and the defense played well. Dalton ran for 5 TDs, and caught a TD pass during that season, our OC got creative.....or "cute" as some on here would surmise.  When he missed last season, the line was shit, and the defense could not get off of the field on 3rd down, and Dalton himself had a shaky season.  This season, the line is not good, we have A SHIT TON of drive killing penalties, and the defense is worse.  The starting QB is a bit culpable in this as well, but how many 4th quarter comebacks did he lead during the beginning of the season again?

There is more to it than the QB, but that does not fit the narrative.......the truth is, it's a total team failure, and largely a symptom of bad coaching.  When Aaron Rodgers is playing like shit (I have him in fantasy, he's absolutely destroyed my season....lol)and the team is losing, Green Bay fires their SB winning HC.....in Cincy, a coach with no playoff wins gets an extension.  You be the judge.......

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-04-2018, 11:01 AM)Wyche Wrote: We have won several games without him.....just not recently.  The team is not very elsewhere.  When we won games without him in 2014, the line could block, Hill ran well, and the defense played well. Dalton ran for 5 TDs, and caught a TD pass during that season, our OC got creative.....or "cute" as some on here would surmise.  When he missed last season, the line was shit, and the defense could not get off of the field on 3rd down, and Dalton himself had a shaky season.  This season, the line is not good, we have A SHIT TON of drive killing penalties, and the defense is worse.  The starting QB is a bit culpable in this as well, but how many 4th quarter comebacks did he lead during the beginning of the season again?

There is more to it than the QB, but that does not fit the narrative.......the truth is, it's a total team failure, and largely a symptom of bad coaching.  When Aaron Rodgers is playing like shit (I have him in fantasy, he's absolutely destroyed my season....lol)and the team is losing, Green Bay fires their SB winning HC.....in Cincy, a coach with no playoff wins gets an extension.  You be the judge.......

Yeah...you'll see in my other thread, but we have 18 guys playing regularly who grade out in the 50's or below on PFF.

You can't win with that. With AJ. Especially without him.
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2018, 10:36 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Mixon had like 12 carries for something like 82 yards.

If anything, they ran too little.

No shit.  You're tied at 0 for the longest time....down 4 going into the half.....and your feature back gets 12 carries when he's averaging over 7 per at one point?  Your other back breaks a long run (of course negated by another oline penalty), and both are very dynamic playmakers, yet you hardly involve them.  I just don't get it.....you have a backup QB with his first significant playing time (let alone starting a game), and you don't utilize your one strength that isn't that reliant on the play of the QB.  Brilliant I tells ya.....brilliant.  

It's Jeff Driskel's fault. Ninja

Reply/Quote
(12-04-2018, 11:02 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Yeah...you'll see in my other thread, but we have 18 guys playing regularly who grade out in the 50's or below on PFF.

Nah....it's just the QB. Ninja

Reply/Quote
(12-04-2018, 11:02 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Yeah...you'll see in my other thread, but we have 18 guys playing regularly who grade out in the 50's or below on PFF.

It's a cluster **** of epic proportions.....a stale staff, shit players, lots of injuries......no shot at success whatsoever.

Reply/Quote
(12-04-2018, 11:13 AM)Wyche Wrote: Nah....it's just the QB. Ninja

You were almost right. It should be Nah....it's just Dalton. You know the drill by now.
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2018, 11:16 AM)Wyche Wrote: It's a cluster **** of epic proportions.....a stale staff, shit players, lots of injuries......no shot at success whatsoever.

Exactly. And add "Indifferent Owner" to the list
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
(12-04-2018, 11:16 AM)Wyche Wrote: It's a cluster **** of epic proportions.....a stale staff, shit players, lots of injuries......no shot at success whatsoever.

What is worse is that there is a whole shit ton of media out there who root against this team and love it when the Bengals embarrass themselves. 

This coaching staff is more than happy to oblige them too. Not only do we have to lose but the team that we hate is always in first place and we lose looking like complete dumb asses. Have you ever seen a team have like 8 false starts in one game?

Unfortunately , I let the Bengals bother me more than I should because I have been a fan so long but every Sunday is taking a little more out of me. I think it is because back in the early 80's and 90's  once your team sucked you could just zone them out. There were no shows on regular TV hardly. All you had to do is not read the newspaper. Now, every time you go online like on Yahoo front page you see a pic of Patrick Mahomes throwing his 12th TD pass of the day and it just brings you right back in. 

I have to spend my football life rooting against the Steelers which is ***** pathetic. LMAO  

Oh well, at least the Reds pretending like they are going to sign Dallas Keuchel is a lie that will get me through for awhile.
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2018, 12:13 PM)bengalhoel Wrote: What is worse is that there is a whole shit ton of media out there who root against this team and love it when the Bengals embarrass themselves. 

This coaching staff is more than happy to oblige them too. Not only do we have to lose but the team that we hate is always in first place and we lose looking like complete dumb asses. Have you ever seen a team have like 8 false starts in one game?

Unfortunately , I let the Bengals bother me more than I should because I have been a fan so long but every Sunday is taking a little more out of me. I think it is because back in the early 80's and 90's  once your team sucked you could just zone them out. There were no shows on regular TV hardly. All you had to do is not read the newspaper. Now, every time you go online like on Yahoo front page you see a pic of Patrick Mahomes throwing his 12th TD pass of the day and it just brings you right back in. 

I have to spend my football life rooting against the Steelers which is ***** pathetic. LMAO  

Oh well, at least the Reds pretending like they are going to sign Dallas Keuchel is a lie that will get me through for awhile.

Man......I haven't watched a Reds game in like 2 years.  I feel your pain.

Reply/Quote
(12-04-2018, 12:16 PM)Wyche Wrote: Man......I haven't watched a Reds game in like 2 years.  I feel your pain.

Well imagine watching the Bengals, but having 162 games of it instead of 16! 

After every season I feel like Clark Griswold when they told him Wally World was closed. 
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2018, 12:22 PM)bengalhoel Wrote: Well imagine watching the Bengals, but having 162 games of it instead of 16! 

After every season I feel like Clark Griswold when they told him Wally World was closed. 

Oh, I can imagine!  My AL team is Detroit. Mellow

Reply/Quote
(12-04-2018, 01:07 AM)BengalRed Wrote: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000995883/article/bengals-placing-aj-green-toe-on-seasonending-ir

No surprise. Maybe they'll work out some other WRs. LOL. Like that will happen.

Thought so the moment he went down.

Great player and man, hope he gets this injury sorted out. This has happened to him a couple times with the toe.
Reply/Quote
Please don't take Mixon out of the game. If you want Gio in the game, Mixon is still in the backfield. You have zero chance winning with the random substitutions in our current state of player health.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2018, 11:01 AM)Wyche Wrote: We have won several games without him.....just not recently.  The team is not very good elsewhere.  When we won games without him in 2014, the line could block, Hill ran well, and the defense played well. Dalton ran for 5 TDs, and caught a TD pass during that season, our OC got creative.....or "cute" as some on here would surmise.  When he missed last season, the line was shit, and the defense could not get off of the field on 3rd down, and Dalton himself had a shaky season.  This season, the line is not good, we have A SHIT TON of drive killing penalties, and the defense is worse.  The starting QB is a bit culpable in this as well, but how many 4th quarter comebacks did he lead during the beginning of the season again?

I wasn't trying to imply that is was Dalton or even mostly Dalton, but we haven't won this year since AJ Green went down. 2014 and 15 were a long time ago. Dalton hasn't run for a TD in two years (when Whit and Zietler were both with the team). And I don't blame him cause I wouldn't want to be a QB trying to run behind this line either.

Boyd is a great complimentary WR, but he's not a #1, and without any other receiving threats (including Ross) Boyd is going to get the bulk of the attention of defenses and rightly so because he's the best receiver this team has on the active roster.

I have no hope that Merv will get anything done. I have no hope that Mike Brown will make a right decision about the next coach either. The only hope Bengals fans really have about the future is the Blackburns, and my hope for them is tempered by the fact that Mike Brown may have infected them with his low expectations for this team. Hopefully they are just wait for him depart so they can actually get something done.

Reply/Quote
In the 90's and early 2000's you watch this team purely for the comedy. It was hilarious.

Now, it is pathetic.

As for the Reds, well at least we have 4 world championships to remember.
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
(12-04-2018, 12:13 PM)bengalhoel Wrote: What is worse is that there is a whole shit ton of media out there who root against this team and love it when the Bengals embarrass themselves. 

Being a Bengals fan is embarrassing. I play Fortnite with my son. They came out with NFL "skins", so obviously I had to get me a Bengals skin. Naturally the Bengals are 0-4 with multiple embarrassing losses since I bought the skin. Now I won't even use it because looking at a Bengals uniform makes me want to compulsively vomit.

It feels like we're die hard fans of the Washington Generals.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote