Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Green to Ross: "Just stop thinking"
(05-17-2018, 09:08 AM)Wyche Wrote: Meh.....unless you've ever seen OCD, or had a touch of it yourself coupled with anxiety disorder.....you never know.

I stated that he was overthinking it in my first post....but the others are plausible scenarios.  Nothing is ever cut and dry.  I like things to be organized and a certain way, if they're not, it causes me anxiety until it is.  This was never a problem until about 10 years ago, although it did bother me when I played if my defender even got close to the play, or I took a wrong step/angle.  There are players in baseball throughout the years that had their weird routines before taking the mound (Fydrich, Hrabosky) or getting in the batter's box.  It's not far out of the realm of possibility that Ross is a perfectionist (slight OCD), and he is overthinking things is a result.  

It was just a discussion into possibilities.

Nah.   Borderline Wide Receiver Disorder with Bilateral Hemiparesis, a touch of the Dropsy resulting in a generalized anxiety disorder not otherwise specified.

He just needs a valium, to be kicked out of the huddle and dropped into coverage till he starts to flap his arms (without dropping the ball)

No problem.   Pro Bowl coming with a $300,000 psychology bill paid to your friendly neighborhood social worker.  :andy:
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-17-2018, 09:08 AM)Wyche Wrote: Meh.....unless you've ever seen OCD, or had a touch of it yourself coupled with anxiety disorder.....you never know.

I stated that he was overthinking it in my first post....but the others are plausible scenarios.  Nothing is ever cut and dry.  I like things to be organized and a certain way, if they're not, it causes me anxiety until it is.  This was never a problem until about 10 years ago, although it did bother me when I played if my defender even got close to the play, or I took a wrong step/angle.  There are players in baseball throughout the years that had their weird routines before taking the mound (Fydrich, Hrabosky) or getting in the batter's box.  It's not far out of the realm of possibility that Ross is a perfectionist (slight OCD), and he is overthinking things is a result.  

It was just a discussion into possibilities.

It's a possabilty you could be right. Like you said, it's never cut and dry.

Reply/Quote
Gosh I hope Ross works out I am rooting for him. He just needs to play healthy and get a few games under Neath his belt to get his confidence.

Self-efficacy comes with prior success therefore, Ross just needs some success on the field at the pro level. Doubt and low self-esteem leads to overthinking for athletes.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(05-17-2018, 02:38 PM)3wt Wrote: Nah.   Borderline Wide Receiver Disorder with Bilateral Hemiparesis, a touch of the Dropsy resulting in a generalized anxiety disorder not otherwise specified.

He just needs a valium, to be kicked out of the huddle and dropped into coverage till he starts to flap his arms (without dropping the ball)

No problem.   Pro Bowl coming with a $300,000 psychology bill paid to your friendly neighborhood social worker.  :andy:

But that diagnosis doesn't exist anymore lol
Reply/Quote
Idc what anyone says the dude has to prove it on the field for me to show any excitement at all
Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote
(05-17-2018, 06:00 PM)TSwigZ Wrote: Idc what anyone says the dude has to prove it on the field for me to show any excitement at all

Well, I think we’re all in that same boat.

Reply/Quote
(05-17-2018, 02:38 PM)3wt Wrote: Nah.   Borderline Wide Receiver Disorder with Bilateral Hemiparesis, a touch of the Dropsy resulting in a generalized anxiety disorder not otherwise specified.

LMAO LMAO LMAO

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(05-17-2018, 05:53 PM)Sweetness Wrote: But that diagnosis doesn't exist anymore lol

I'm old school man
Reply/Quote