Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Greg Seamon
Hue Jackson hired Bengals scout Greg Seamon to be his new TEs coach in Cleveland.

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2016/01/22/hue-jackson-hires-away-bengals-scout/79163756/

Quote:The Bengals lost offensive coordinator Hue Jackson to the Browns and now Jackson took a portion of the Bengals' scouting staff with him.

Jackson hired Bengals area scout Greg Seamon to be the tight ends coach on his new staff in Cleveland.

Seamon spent the last 12 years serving as an area scout on the staff of player personnel director Duke Tobin. He's one of four scouts on the player personnel side. Prior to his time as a scout, he served the role of associate on the coaching staff as an advance scout. He moves over from the personnel side, but this won't be Seamon's first foray into coaching a position. He also served as a tight ends/offensive quality control coach for the Dallas Cowboys. He coached collegiately for 12 seasons, most notably offensive coordinator for 12 seasons at Miami (OH), Cincinnati, Akron and Pacific.

The connection between Jackson and Seamon runs back to Jackson's days as a quarterback at Pacific.

“Although he spent a number of years most recently on the personnel side, Greg has always been a coach in my eyes,” Jackson said. “He was my college coach. He has been in Cincinnati with me in two stints. He did a lot of other off-the-field things for us. Last year in training camp, he became more and more involved in the offense. I know what kind of coach he is. He is very bright. He is very smart. Very meticulous. Very detailed. Again, the label of all these guys, they are really, really good teachers, great motivators, great men of character and that is the kind of staff you want to build on offense.”

Cincinnati believes in a scouting philosophy where they seek the right voices and not more voices in the room for evaluations. Often criticized for the size of their scouting department, the setup created one of the deepest rosters in football over this run of five consecutive playoff berths. Much credit belongs to consistency of those scouts. Without doubt, Seamon was one of the right voices.

The Bengals only hope Seamon is the only member of the Bengals to bolt up I-71 this offseason. Jackson takes over in Cleveland ranking in the top 10 in available cap space and eight Bengals players who took at least 60 percent of the snaps enter free agency.

The new league year and official start of free agency begins March 9. Prior to that time the Bengals are expected to attempt to lock down as many of their own free agents as possible.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
Oh wow, that's a bit of a hose job. I will quickly move from "happy for Hue" to "F Hue!" if he keeps pulling from our well...
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2016, 06:54 PM)gobobro Wrote: Oh wow, that's a bit of a hose job. I will quickly move from "happy for Hue" to "F Hue!" if he keeps pulling from our well...

Yeah what a way to thank your former employer who basically made up a job to keep you employed in the NFL.
Reply/Quote
Every coach does this. Wait until he starts signing FA's like Jones and Iloka away.
Reply/Quote
And the raid is on.

If you're in too much of a hurry to build your own, steal somebody else's.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Guys it was just a scout who has been desperate to get back into coaching for quite a while.

He was my OC and while he was a nice coach to play for it never surprised me that he basically went from coach to scout. Back when Mike hired him the same bengal/mike brown haters said this hire was just about being cheap and lazy.

It stings to lose as scout but we aren't losing one to scout for someone else. Hue is just doing a guy a solid to get him back into coaching.
Reply/Quote
We'll just have to see if it continues.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Hue probably knew Seamon would come when he heard about Hue's new job.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2016, 08:40 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Hue probably knew Seamon would come when he heard about Hue's new job.

Winner
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
If he has been the one scouting the TE's then we lost a valuable resource...

Eifert and Gresh were both hits, in terms of how long they started and their production.

Kroft kid doesn't look bad either.

This Greg Seamon knows what he is doing when it comes to TE's, good thing we have some good ones in the stable.
Reply/Quote
This is terrible. We pretty much just lost a good % of our scouting department.
Reply/Quote
Everyone needs to stop worrying, Hue just won't be able to cut it in Cleveland as a head coach. He is in way over his head and its magnified with a poor roster. I for one look forward to a more competent straight forward approach to the play calling. I got so tired of seeing him overthink which plays to call and pull all this cute crap that didn't work.
Reply/Quote
Well, I think this is the natural progression of Marvin Lewis (ok, almost, but not quite, Marvin Lewis) just laying there, like a big dead fish atop the Cincinnati coaching tree. He should have stepped aside for Hue. But he just can't let it go.
Reply/Quote
Guys this isn't a big deal. He didn't scout just TE's .... He is coaching TE's because it's one of the places you can put in a weaker coach.
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2016, 09:55 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Guys this isn't a big deal.    He didn't scout just TE's ....    He is coaching TE's because it's one of the places you can put in a weaker coach.

Ya, its not like the TE is an important position in football or anything these days.... Whatever  lol
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2016, 07:47 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Every coach does this. Wait until he starts signing FA's like Jones and Iloka away.

I don't recall Zimmer or Gruden doing it. Did they?

(01-22-2016, 08:24 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Guys it was just a scout who has been desperate to get back into coaching for quite a while.  

He was my OC and while he was a nice coach to play for it never surprised me that he basically went from coach to scout.    Back when Mike hired him the same bengal/mike brown haters said this hire was just about being cheap and lazy.    

It stings to lose as scout but we aren't losing one to scout for someone else.    Hue is just doing a guy a solid to get him back into coaching.

It's just a scout, one of four, heading into draft season. If he'd been lured away in June, I wouldn't care. In January, it bugs me a bit.
Reply/Quote
Hue probably read all the posts on this board where we said he was a fool and going to fail and be fired in 2 years and now he's going to simultaneously rape us AND make his situation better.  That sly bum!

(01-22-2016, 09:34 PM)BigRed75 Wrote: Everyone needs to stop worrying, Hue just won't be able to cut it in Cleveland as a head coach. He is in way over his head and its magnified with a poor roster. I for one look forward to a more competent straight forward approach to the play calling. I got so tired of seeing him overthink which plays to call and pull all this cute crap that didn't work.

That's the spirit!  I'm sick of this cutesty "resurrect Andy Dalton's career" bs Hue peddled in Cincy.  Good riddance!
Reply/Quote
Don't know if anybody else saw this, but apparently Hue has taken one of the better UFA's from last year off of the Bengals practice squad.

Terell Watson from Azuza. From what I remember from pre-season he wasn't a bad RB...
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
1/4th of our scouting department left for Cleveland.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2016, 12:00 AM)JSR18 Wrote: Don't know if anybody else saw this, but apparently Hue has taken one of the better UFA's from last year off of the Bengals practice squad.

Terell Watson from Azuza. From what I remember from pre-season he wasn't a bad RB...

I was a bit bummed, but I get it for both of them. The only shot a guy like Watson has here is supplanting Peerman. Hill, Gio, and Hewitt make it tough to get a snap.
Reply/Quote