Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Gregg Williams as HC? Thoughts?
(01-09-2019, 05:52 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I do question Baker's intelligence if he doesn't understand that Hue was fired from the Browns and didn't choose to leave the Browns on his own accord. If I was let go from my company and a competitor offered me a position, I'd take it.

Exactly....it appears the kid has never had to deal with real life things like getting fired and looking for a new gig...
 He is the real deal on the field but needs some maturity.  
That said, I pass on Williams....theres a reason why Browns parted ways with him even after the D looked pretty solid. 
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2019, 06:02 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Of course, it could make playing Pittsburgh interesting. (Overheard from the Bengals huddle.... "Hey Vontaze, how much is Coach Williams giving you to wreck Rottenberbers knee?")

This was my first thought lol

(01-09-2019, 07:13 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: It was not uncommon back then, others were doing it also. He just got caught.

Still doesn't make it right.
Reply/Quote
I would be good with Williams as hc or dc bieneimey still my #1 h.c. choice and Williams be my 2ed cause the browns sure did shape up. and if bufect and Williams be together we are talking a lot of fines!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! as long as we beat the stealers
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 12:01 AM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: This was my first thought lol

Still doesn't make it right.

OK it bothers some who are not fans of the violent part of the game.

Football is a violent game, so a part of the allure is the vicious hits. So, I have no idea is Williams says don't just tackle people, blow them up (legally). If they get hurt in process, so be it and why they are paid huge amounts of money for that risk.

Williams broke the rules, served a suspension and has never been accused again of breaking the rules.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
This guy doesn't stick anywhere for more than 2-3 years. Doesn't that make you wonder why?

2018 Cleveland Browns Season 7-8
2017 Cleveland Browns (D-Cord) 0-16
2016 Los Angeles Rams (D-Cord) 4-12
2015 St. Louis Rams (D-Cord) 7-9
2014 St. Louis Rams (D-Cord) 6-10
2013 Tennessee Titans (Sr Ast D-Coach) 7-9
2012 St. Louis Rams (D-Cord) 7-8
2011 New Orleans Saints (D-Cord) 13-3 • Lost in Div. Round to SF
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 12:52 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: This guy doesn't stick anywhere for more than 2-3 years. Doesn't that make you wonder why?

2018 Cleveland Browns Season 7-8
2017 Cleveland Browns (D-Cord) 0-16
2016 Los Angeles Rams (D-Cord) 4-12
2015 St. Louis Rams (D-Cord) 7-9
2014 St. Louis Rams (D-Cord) 6-10
2013 Tennessee Titans (Sr Ast D-Coach) 7-9
2012 St. Louis Rams (D-Cord) 7-8
2011 New Orleans Saints (D-Cord) 13-3 • Lost in Div. Round to SF

Obviously, he leaves those teams cause they have crappy defenses.

Mellow
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2019, 06:07 PM)jason Wrote: I think he's just a douchebag....

That he is...and so was Phillip Rivers.  Always yapping, but no profanity with Rivers.  That being said, give me a team of guys that hate to lose and I will show you a more competitive team.  

Oddly, I heard it was largely Hue that wanted Mayfield.  Regardless, it is amusing to watch Mayfield punk a coach like that.  I bet the folks in Cleveland loved it.  Misdirected though it may be, it shows some swagger.  When was the last time our team had that?  2005?
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 09:03 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: That he is...and so was Phillip Rivers.  Always yapping, but no profanity with Rivers.  That being said, give me a team of guys that hate to lose and I will show you a more competitive team.  

Oddly, I heard it was largely Hue that wanted Mayfield.  Regardless, it is amusing to watch Mayfield punk a coach like that.  I bet the folks in Cleveland loved it.  Misdirected though it may be, it shows some swagger.  When was the last time our team had that?  2005?

We had swagger on defense during Zimmer's run here... Right up through 2015. I know Dre calls himself Swag, but Pacman really brought alot of swagger to the defense. He and Burfict gave them something they're missing right now.

Cleveland fans do love it. My former in-laws, and step son are all Browns fans. It makes me despise that punk even more. I actually like Phillip Rivers, but I just can't stand Baker. It may have something to do with the fact Rivers isn't on a rival team of ours... And I don't have to put up with his yapping fans celebrating a 3rd place finish as if they won the Super Bowl...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 12:08 PM)jason Wrote: We had swagger on defense during Zimmer's run here... Right up through 2015. I know Dre calls himself Swag, but Pacman really brought alot of swagger to the defense. He and Burfict gave them something they're missing right now.

Cleveland fans do love it. My former in-laws, and step son are all Browns fans. It makes me despise that punk even more. I actually like Phillip Rivers, but I just can't stand Baker. It may have something to do with the fact Rivers isn't on a rival team of ours... And I don't have to put up with his yapping fans celebrating a 3rd place finish as if they won the Super Bowl...

I seriously hope this was a joke.  
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2019, 11:28 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I seriously hope this was a joke.  

They are a joke... But I'm dead serious. I took that boy to his first NFL game... Thursday night vs the Browns in 2014. I remember thinking "I hope we don't whoop them too bad, and ruin his birthday." Andy played the worst game of his career, and we got spanked.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote