Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gronk Cont...
Gronk pretty much begging to be signed at this point. It may be a shock for league insiders if he doesn't.

https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/news/rob-gronkowski-praises-joe-burrow-again-with-free-agency-just-days-away
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
I see him either ending up here, Buffalo, or retiring (again).
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2022, 09:10 PM)Bengalpool Wrote: I see him either ending up here, Buffalo, or retiring (again).

Bills are after him, pushing the hometown angle....

Not so sure about James' head line in this piece, I cant find anywhere Gronk mentions us or Burrow again other than the SB.

There is a quick video clip going around of Gronk at the SB and fans asking if he's playing next season as he walked by... and he said "yeah, be in Cincinnati".. kinda laughed and walked on. He could had been talking to Bengals fans, who knows?

Reply/Quote
(03-12-2022, 09:16 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Bills are after him, pushing the hometown angle....

Not so sure about James' head line in this piece, I cant find anywhere Gronk mentions us or Burrow again other than the SB.

There is a quick video clip going around of Gronk at the SB and fans asking if he's playing next season as he walked by... and he said "yeah, be in Cincinnati".. kinda laughed and walked on. He could had been talking to Bengals fans, who knows?

????

It's literally in the article.

Quote:The future Hall of Famer was asked what quarterback he would be interested in playing with now that Tom Brady is retired during a recent interview with CBS Sports

"I love the way Joe Burrow presents himself on the field. Regardless of the outcome, the Super Bowl was a great game and he left his best out there," Gronkowski said. "I've watched him since college, he's confident in the pocket, and he just slings it out into the play. I love his swag, he's killing it right now and I think we're going to see a bright future ahead for him."
Reply/Quote
Got a first ballot HoFer that is still producing at a very good level actively wanting to come here, and he's known to take less money to play where he wants.

Come on Bengals, you'd have to actively try to F up this gimme dunk.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2022, 12:15 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: ????

It's literally in the article.

Thanks, I thought was what Gronk said the first time...   

Reply/Quote
(03-13-2022, 12:24 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Got a first ballot HoFer that is still producing at a very good level actively wanting to come here, and he's known to take less money to play where he wants.

I am preparing myself for the worst this week and hoping for the best..

Reply/Quote
(03-13-2022, 01:32 PM)casear2727 Wrote: I am preparing myself for the worst this week and hoping for the best..

Just remember that whatever happens, your life will not be affected one iota.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2022, 01:45 PM)Stewy Wrote: Just remember that whatever happens, your life will not be affected one iota.

No doubt.  Been a fan since 78, seen it all.

Reply/Quote
Go get him for his blocking ability alone. The receiving ability is icing.
Reply/Quote
CJ Uzomah in 7 years (79 games) as a Bengal: 163 catches/1,591 yards (9.8 AVG)/13 TDs
Gronk in 2 years (28 games) as a Buccaneer: 100 catches/1,425 yards (14.3 ACG)/13 TDs

Reply/Quote
(03-13-2022, 12:24 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Got a first ballot HoFer that is still producing at a very good level actively wanting to come here, and he's known to take less money to play where he wants.

You might want to Google "Warren Sapp Signs Bengals" if it isn't still stuck in your memory. Cool
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2022, 02:04 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: CJ Uzomah in 7 years (79 games) as a Bengal: 163 catches/1,591 yards (9.8 AVG)/13 TDs
Gronk in 2 years (28 games) as a Buccaneer: 100 catches/1,425 yards (14.3 ACG)/13 TDs

Wow. lol. That’s crazy
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2022, 02:30 PM)Whacked Wrote: Wow. lol. That’s crazy

Want to see something even crazier?

CJ Uzomah in 7 years (79 games) as a Bengal: 163 catches/1,591 yards (9.8 AVG)/13 TDs
Gronk during the playoffs (22 games) career: 98 catches/1,389 yards (14.2 AVG)/15 TDs

He's the 2nd best TE in NFL history for a reason. Lol

Reply/Quote
(03-13-2022, 04:21 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Want to see something even crazier?

Gronk during the playoffs (22 games) career: 98 catches/1,389 yards (14.2 AVG)/15 TDs

He's the 2nd best TE in NFL history for a reason. Lol

He is probably the best blocking TE with a ton of receptions as well.

Reply/Quote
Oh I'd so love it if the Bengals make a serious push for Gronk.
Reply/Quote
With most players I would say "no" because of his age and injury history.  But Gronk is arguably the greatest TE of all time, and those guys can be an exception to the usual rule.
Reply/Quote
Brady has unretired which most likely means Gronk back to Tampa. Need to hope we can just keep CH at this point.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2022, 08:18 PM)Au165 Wrote: Brady has unretired which most likely means Gronk back to Tampa. Need to hope we can just keep CH at this point.

I'm sure they have flexibility somewhere but TB is over the cap a few mill now. It'll be interesting if they can squeeze him and their draft picks in.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2022, 08:49 PM)Schmitbuck Wrote: I'm sure they have flexibility somewhere but TB is over the cap a few mill now. It'll be interesting if they can squeeze him and their draft picks in.

The cap doesn’t exist if your willing to spend. They will use void years like they did last year to push all of it out and be fine.
Reply/Quote