Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gronk and Blount
I want to give mad props to the Cincinnati defense today for not reacting to the grotesque taunting and shameless bullying by Rob Gronkowski and LeGarrette Blount. That was a masterful exercise in self-control and it was the most positive part of the game.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Absolutely! Just wish the refs would have done more. Still have no idea how they picked up that flag on Blount
Reply/Quote
I agree the D did well not to bite but in all honesty, the patriots weren't doing that until the low shot on Bennett from Burfict. They didn't take too kindly to that, I don't believe.

Reply/Quote
Grotesque? I mean, that's a little much isn't it? It's not like one of them punted a baby, or took a dump on the field. Looked like pretty much every other personal foul penalty I've seen. Guys jawing, guys having to be separated, and boom there's the flag. No one took their helmet off and started swinging it, nobody tried to injure anybody. It's the same bs we see in pretty much every game ever.

To each their own, but grotesque seems like unfair description of the events. It kinda seems more like sour grapes, or trying to find something, and anything and everything, to congratulate our guys on

And not for nothing, but Gronk didn't start up with all that until Burfict went low on Bennett. It sure looked intentional and uncalled for to me
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2016, 08:07 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: I want to give mad props to the Cincinnati defense today for not reacting to the grotesque taunting and shameless bullying by Rob Gronkowski and LeGarrette Blount.  That was a masterful exercise in self-control and it was the most positive part of the game.

Not just that, but the fact that Burfict went after the refs (verbally), instead of a player (physically), after the 'no call' on Gronk's immediate taunting of Dre, actually 'forced' the refs hands to throw a flag.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2016, 10:00 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Grotesque?  I mean, that's a little much isn't it?  It's not like one of them punted a baby, or took a dump on the field.  Looked like pretty much every other personal foul penalty I've seen.  Guys jawing, guys having to be separated, and boom there's the flag.  No one took their helmet off and started swinging it, nobody tried to injure anybody.  It's the same bs we see in pretty much every game ever.

To each their own, but grotesque seems like unfair description of the events.  It kinda seems more like sour grapes, or trying to find something, and anything and everything, to congratulate our guys on

And not for nothing, but Gronk didn't start up with all that until Burfict went low on Bennett.  It sure looked intentional and uncalled for to me

Really, it was nothing more than some jaw jacking and post play chippiness.  

Don't criticize Burfict, though.  He looks like Mike Singletarry out there next to Dansby(has-been), Maualuga(never-was), and Vinnie Rey(never-gonna-be).  He is an angel that would never do anyone dirty out there on a football field.
Reply/Quote
At that point i knew the game was over, i wanted Burfict to take Gronks head off the next play. I was so heated i didnt even care
Reply/Quote
Yeah the picking up the flag because it wasn't a facemask ignoring that it happened after the play made me chuckle. But these guys are flat out incompetent. There was a no call on an offsides in the GB Dal game that was horrible. The PI call against the Giants was insane.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Burfict ruined what was a spectacular day by showing his true colors on that cheap shot going low.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2016, 10:00 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Grotesque?  I mean, that's a little much isn't it?  It's not like one of them punted a baby, or took a dump on the field.  Looked like pretty much every other personal foul penalty I've seen.  Guys jawing, guys having to be separated, and boom there's the flag.  No one took their helmet off and started swinging it, nobody tried to injure anybody.  It's the same bs we see in pretty much every game ever.

To each their own, but grotesque seems like unfair description of the events.  It kinda seems more like sour grapes, or trying to find something, and anything and everything, to congratulate our guys on

And not for nothing, but Gronk didn't start up with all that until Burfict went low on Bennett.  It sure looked intentional and uncalled for to me

Roflmao!!! "punted a baby. . ."

All I can hear now is, "Punt da baby!" (Chad Johnson voice) Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2016, 11:13 PM)ShowMeUrTDs Wrote: Roflmao!!! "punted a baby. . ."

All I can hear now is, "Punt da baby!" (Chad Johnson voice) Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2016, 08:07 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: I want to give mad props to the Cincinnati defense today for not reacting to the grotesque taunting and shameless bullying by Rob Gronkowski and LeGarrette Blount.  That was a masterful exercise in self-control and it was the most positive part of the game.

Exaggerate much? No doubt Burfict and Pac did their share to create this situation. I'm really disappointed with the coaching this week, and their inability to control the players and manage the game. This team is a mess in all aspects.
This post brought to you by the Cincinnati Bengals. Proud leaders in squandering opportunity, since 1969.
Reply/Quote
A facemask penalty isn't a facemask penalty if you just go ahead and get up under there to grab the face. That was pretty funny.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2016, 10:43 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: Burfict ruined what was a spectacular day by showing his true colors on that cheap shot going low.

Facepalm Can't go high, can't go low. Should they just put flags on them and be done with it? 

Reply/Quote
Yay! Marv got what he wanted! A group of neutered tigers that can't stop anyone, but, hey! At least they didn't lose their temper!
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2016, 12:02 AM)Utts Wrote: Exaggerate much? No doubt Burfict and Pac did their share to create this situation. I'm really disappointed with the coaching this week, and their inability to control the players and manage the game. This team is a mess in all aspects.

I did notice that after the play where Pac was on the ground and Gronkowski was jawing at him, the next play they started talking again and the ref ran up to stop them, but they were both laughing. I believe there was some gamesmanship going on with Pac....
Reply/Quote

I'm curious to know what provoked Gronk and Blount to act the way they did in this game. They were being extra showboaty and talkative toward the Bengals defense. I wonder if the Bengals players were saying things to them or if they were trying to get the Bengals defense to react to get flags and ejections.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-17-2016, 11:56 AM)ochocincos Wrote: I'm curious to know what provoked Gronk and Blount to act the way they did in this game. They were being extra showboaty and talkative toward the Bengals defense. I wonder if the Bengals players were saying things to them or if they were trying to get the Bengals defense to react to get flags and ejections.

I think once the first flag was thrown on Gronk, they were baiting him for the ejection....
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2016, 10:19 PM)Whatever Wrote: Really, it was nothing more than some jaw jacking and post play chippiness.  

Don't criticize Burfict, though.  He looks like Mike Singletarry out there next to Dansby(has-been), Maualuga(never-was), and Vinnie Rey(never-gonna-be).  He is an angel that would never do anyone dirty out there on a football field.

Burfict isn't going anywhere, and he's one of the best players on the roster.  So stop whining and deal with it.
Reply/Quote

Actually gave me more hope for this team than before and i thought we could still make the Playoffs after this loss.

We played better than i thought we would and kept our cool better than the Pats, particularly those two.

Blount is a thug, always has been. Loved Sims and Burfict in this game. Sims should start ahead of Peko.
Reply/Quote