Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gronk and Blount
I was surprised they called it, but I don't think they would have if Burfict hadn't reacted as he did. To me it looked like just jawing, but of course I don't know what was said.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2016, 10:00 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Grotesque?  I mean, that's a little much isn't it?  It's not like one of them punted a baby, or took a dump on the field.  Looked like pretty much every other personal foul penalty I've seen.  Guys jawing, guys having to be separated, and boom there's the flag.  No one took their helmet off and started swinging it, nobody tried to injure anybody.  It's the same bs we see in pretty much every game ever.

To each their own, but grotesque seems like unfair description of the events.  It kinda seems more like sour grapes, or trying to find something, and anything and everything, to congratulate our guys on

And not for nothing, but Gronk didn't start up with all that until Burfict went low on Bennett.  It sure looked intentional and uncalled for to me

That was grotesque taunting by Gronk and Blount shown what he is, a thug. He has been a scumbag forever.

He blind sides people and punches them in the face from the back side. He is a *****.

You want to call Burfict dirty for a hit where he was falling down and you want to defend the obvious "grotesque" taunting by Gronk Wes?

I thought more highly of you before this post.

Blount tries to go inside your facemask and poke your eyeballz he is such a scumbag. Gronk is a great player but that was the most obvious taunting i have ever seen and he did it before the Burfict low hit on Bennett. It was the coaches that lost this game again as i predicted.

The players played very well, the coaches just cannot coach with great coaches like the Pats have.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2016, 04:11 PM)Benton Wrote: I was surprised they called it, but I don't think they would have if Burfict hadn't reacted as he did. To me it looked like just jawing, but of course I don't know what was said.

Whether you think Burfict is dirty or not cause he has made dirty hits he sure defends his teammates.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2016, 04:17 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: You want to call Burfict dirty for a hit where he was falling down and you want to defend the obvious "grotesque" taunting by Gronk Wes?
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/things-get-testy-in-new-england-as-rob-gronkowski-vontaze-burfict-trade-words-201646583.html

The video is on the top of this page.  I must be watching something different than some of you because I don't see anything I would label as "grotesque".  It looks like every other personal foul for jawing I've ever seen.

I mean, if you want to say it's uncalled for, ok.  That's fair.  lthough the argument would apply to hundreds and hundreds of similar instances that have occurred on an NFL field. 

I'm sorry, I think this site looks ridiculous when our fans resort to labeling things like these as much as worse than what they really were.  It's nothing more sour grapes and a complete overreaction by a portion of a butthurt fanbase.

To label Gronkowski's actions as grotesque is ridiculous.  Plain and simple.

PS Burfict was falling down now?  Oh, please.  This is getting absurd:  http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/17815082/nfl-reviewing-hit-vontaze-burfict-cincinnati-bengals-martellus-bennett-new-england-patriots
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2016, 04:19 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Whether you think Burfict is dirty or not cause he has made dirty hits he sure defends his teammates.

Couldn't you make the same argument that was what Gronk was doing?  He felt a teammate was unfairly targeted so he reacted.  Why do you deem it ok for Burfict to defend his teammates but when Gronk simply talks smack you label it as "grotesque"?

C'mon, be better than this.  The thinking by some in this thread makes us all look bad.  Quit overreacting, and quit applying a completely different set of standards to players, based only on whether or not they wear a Bengals jersey.

Geez Louise.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2016, 01:07 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I think once the first flag was thrown on Gronk, they were baiting him for the ejection....

But what caused the first flag? That's what I was asking about.

However, from what others are saying, perhaps this all started after Burfict's low hit on Bennett's calf.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-17-2016, 04:32 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: http://sports.yahoo.com/news/things-get-testy-in-new-england-as-rob-gronkowski-vontaze-burfict-trade-words-201646583.html

The video is on the top of this page.  I must be watching something different than some of you because I don't see anything I would label as "grotesque".  It looks like every other personal foul for jawing I've ever seen.

I mean, if you want to say it's uncalled for, ok.  That's fair.  lthough the argument would apply to hundreds and hundreds of similar instances that have occurred on an NFL field. 

I'm sorry, I think this site looks ridiculous when our fans resort to labeling things like these as much as worse than what they really were.  It's nothing more sour grapes and a complete overreaction by a portion of a butthurt fanbase.

To label Gronkowski's actions as grotesque is ridiculous.  Plain and simple.

PS Burfict was falling down now?  Oh, please.  This is getting absurd:  http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/17815082/nfl-reviewing-hit-vontaze-burfict-cincinnati-bengals-martellus-bennett-new-england-patriots

Burfict has been dirty in the past but to me and even Dan Fouts the Bengal hater it looked like he was falling down.

You quote ESPN here and act like it is gospel, sad shit Wes.

(10-17-2016, 04:36 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Couldn't you make the same argument that was what Gronk was doing?  He felt a teammate was unfairly targeted so he reacted.  Why do you deem it ok for Burfict to defend his teammates but when Gronk simply talks smack you label it as "grotesque"?

C'mon, be better than this.  The thinking by some in this thread makes us all look bad.  Quit overreacting, and quit applying a completely different set of standards to players, based only on whether or not they wear a Bengals jersey.

Geez Louise.

You are defending Gronk for blatant taunting, that is you. You are overreacting the opposite of me.

Gronk and Blount were out of hand, not Burfict. I would say different if it was different.

I am a Burfict homer i guess tho Wes, i love his passion and the way he defends his teammates and Gronk was taunting before the so-called
dirty hit on Bennett. You are just making excuses for Gronk, Burfict just called him on it. Adam was down and Gronk taunted him and the refs actually saw it. Blew my mind.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2016, 04:45 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: You quote ESPN here and act like it is gospel, sad shit Wes.

I didn't quote anything from ESPN in my post.  Fwiw, I hate ESPN.  Can't stand them.  Other than their fantasy football section, I go to their site very, very little.  And I haven't watched a single Sportscenter in at least 5 years.

I did link from their site, just because they had the video of the play in question.  It's right there at the top.  If people want to watch it and see for themselves, it's there to be viewed.  I can't understand how anyone could see that and come to the conclusion that Burfict was just falling down.

IMHO, when people go out of their way to describe something differently than what actually happened it usually means they're desperate to make a point and/or they're reaching.  Why describe the play as him simply falling down?  That's not what happened.  And if you feel it was still a clean play then why go out of your way to describe it differently?  It reminds of when some of our fans described Adam Jones' reaction to having a beer poured on him as him "fearing that she was going to jab the glass in his eye".

Shit is ridiculous.  Burfict went low, Bennett didn't have the ball, nor was he targeted.  You can take from that what you will.  He did not just fall down, regardless of where you stand on whether it was clean or not.  Adams Jones had a drink poured on him and he slapped the offender in the face.  He did, in a split second, fear he was going to have his eye cut with a glass.  These things simply didn't happen.  And, for the life of me, I can't figure out why some of you go to the lengths you do to change the narrative.

To each their own I suppose.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2016, 05:03 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I didn't quote anything from ESPN in my post.  Fwiw, I hate ESPN.  Can't stand them.  Other than their fantasy football section, I go to their site very, very little.  And I haven't watched a single Sportscenter in at least 5 years.

I did link from their site, just because they had the video of the play in question.  It's right there at the top.  If people want to watch it and see for themselves, it's there to be viewed.  I can't understand how anyone could see that and come to the conclusion that Burfict was just falling down.

IMHO, when people go out of their way to describe something differently than what actually happened it usually means they're desperate to make a point and/or they're reaching.  Why describe the play as him simply falling down?  That's not what happened.  And if you feel it was still a clean play then why go out of your way to describe it differently?  It reminds of when some of our fans described Adam Jones' reaction to having a beer poured on him as him "fearing that she was going to jab the glass in his eye".

Shit is ridiculous.  Burfict went low, Bennett didn't have the ball, nor was he targeted.  You can take from that what you will.  He did not just fall down, regardless of where you stand on whether it was clean or not.  Adams Jones had a drink poured on him and he slapped the offender in the face.  He did, in a split second, fear he was going to have his eye cut with a glass.  These things simply didn't happen.  And, for the life of me, I can't figure out why some of you go to the lengths you do to change the narrative.

To each their own I suppose.

Yeah, to each their own, Brady pump faked to Bennett and Burfict hit him low which is where you are told to hit players now.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2016, 04:45 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: You are defending Gronk for blatant taunting, that is you. You are overreacting the opposite of me.

No, I'm saying that describing said taunting as some horrible act is unfair. It's not unlike any of the other thousands of personal fouls we've seen committed.

Its not nearly a big of deal as some are making it out to me. He didn't do a nazi salute while grilling a fetus. He jawed after a play. Big deal. I'm not going to feign outrage after  such a common display.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2016, 05:06 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, to each their own, Brady pump faked to Bennett and Burfict hit him low which is where you are told to hit players now.

I thoght he just fell down?
Reply/Quote
I gave up on trying to discern swagger, from diva, from cancer, from dirty long ago.
Reply/Quote
I was pissed off and rooting for Gronk to get blasted. Then he grabbed another ball and taunted again and I realized how great it would be to have him playing tight end in a Bengals jersey. If you don't want to be taunted, stop him.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2016, 09:04 PM)Brimey Wrote: I was pissed off and rooting for Gronk to get blasted. Then he grabbed another ball and taunted again and I realized how great it would be to have him playing tight end in a Bengals jersey. If you don't want to be taunted, stop him.

That's the way I see it. Gronk had over 160 yards and a score...the bs he did AFTER the play shouldn't be the part that gets everyone's panties in a bunch. 
Reply/Quote
Theres nothing in the rules about hiting eligible Wr in the knees on a passing play.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2016, 10:54 PM)J24 Wrote: Theres nothing in the rules about hiting eligible Wr in the knees on a passing play.

If you are playing defense for the Bengals, it's illegal.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2016, 09:22 PM)Nately120 Wrote: That's the way I see it. Gronk had over 160 yards and a score...the bs he did AFTER the play shouldn't be the part that gets everyone's panties in a bunch. 

That's an excellent point and putting a linebacker on Rob Gronkowski is like trying to stop an alpha particle with a single electron.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2016, 05:30 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I thoght he just fell down?

Both, he tripped.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2016, 05:32 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I gave up on trying to discern swagger, from diva, from cancer, from dirty long ago.
As you should.... Because the answer my friend is blowin' in the wind.

Cancer divas...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote