Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Group Therapy... Feel Free To Rant
I have to admit - I'm done w/ the objective of winning and all I care about now is perennially hurting Steeler players.
Oh - I care about winning - but it's just that hasn't worked out too well the past 40 years.
And the couple times I felt the Bengals could go somewhere in the past decade, Steelers have taken out our QB.

So I'm done w/ playing the game normally. I've shifted primary objective to physically hurting the Pittsburgh Steelers, don't care about losing the games, don't care about penalties, or ejections - just blatantly hurting Steeler multiple targets for season ending/career ending injuries is all I care about now. And who knows - it appears that's the way Steelers have played the Bengals for years, and they've gone further than us - so maybe that will result in some Super Bowls also. But that's now a secondary objective.

Ok, I know that was a rant... and I won't feel that way later (probably, I don't know). But had to get that off my chest. Anyone else who wants to rant, go ahead and get it off your chest. No judgment here. It will just be taken as venting frustration on a terrible day.
[Image: d1id.png]
Reply/Quote
I don't think any of the injuries today were personal to be honest. They all seemed like unfortunate events that happened during the game. Nothing dirty about them.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2015, 07:38 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: I don't think any of the injuries today were personal to be honest. They all seemed like unfortunate events that happened during the game. Nothing dirty about them.

Agree!!  douche.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2015, 07:38 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: I don't think any of the injuries today were personal to be honest. They all seemed like unfortunate events that happened during the game. Nothing dirty about them.

Agreed on all except Eifert.  His head was targeted by a player who said he was out to injure and was penalized for doing so.

Andy's clearly wasn't the fault of the defensive player, just a freak thing.  And he rest were all aggravating existing injuries.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2015, 07:37 PM)West Union KennyG Wrote: So I'm done w/ playing the game normally.  I've shifted primary objective to physically hurting the Pittsburgh Steelers, don't care about losing the games, don't care about penalties, or ejections - just blatantly hurting Steeler multiple targets for season ending/career ending injuries is all I care about now.

[Image: 51599552.jpg]
Reply/Quote

It's my rant... I know AD's injury was a freak accident.  I disagree about others. 
And it has as much to do with history as this game - and the fact I know I'm primarily upset about the freak accident, mainly. 

I know one thing for sure, today's game hasn't gone well for restoring any peace and goodwill between Pittsburgh & Cincinnati.  Not that there really should be.  But if they described this game as 'chirpy' - I think it only escalates from here.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2015, 07:54 PM)Beaker Wrote: [Image: 51599552.jpg]

That's exactly right!
Reply/Quote
Steeler fans, with a few rare exceptions, really are a special kind of stupid. Some of the stuff I've been reading on social media and their forums is just beyond moronic.

Like many Bengals fans, I'm also sick and tired of watching the Steelers walk into PBS and impose their will. Under Marvin, we've had 14 chances to beat them at home...and have accomplished it twice. Two goddam times in 14 tries! Ugh, I just can't stand seeing it happen year after year.

As far as the rest of the season, we need to get guys back and healthy. Tyler, Adam and Iloka are very important keys, and need to get as healthy as possible before the postseason. With Andy, we don't yet how long he'll be out. I think McCarron is capable, if the guys around him are playing well. I think they can beat SF and Balt, but don't see them winning in Denver.

Still, that would be 12 wins and a hell of a season. But, we all know about that stubborn elephant that still hasn't left the room, and that's winning a playoff game. We'll see how the next 3 weeks plays out, how McCarron performs, and how healthy the dinged up guys can get.

I've got quite a few beers in me my now, so hopefully my rambling makes sense. ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
my rant is as follows:

Reply/Quote
(12-13-2015, 08:15 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Steeler fans, with a few rare exceptions, really are a special kind of stupid. Some of the stuff I've been reading on social media and their forums is just beyond moronic.

Like many Bengals fans, I'm also sick and tired of watching the Steelers walk into PBS and impose their will. Under Marvin, we've had 14 chances to beat them at home...and have accomplished it twice. Two goddam times in 14 tries! Ugh, I just can't stand seeing it happen year after year.

As far as the rest of the season, we need to get guys back and healthy. Tyler, Adam and Iloka are very important keys, and need to get as healthy as possible before the postseason. With Andy, we don't yet how long he'll be out. I think McCarron is capable, if the guys around him are playing well. I think they can beat SF and Balt, but don't see them winning in Denver.

Still, that would be 12 wins and a hell of a season. But, we all know about that stubborn elephant that still hasn't left the room, and that's winning a playoff game. We'll see how the next 3 weeks plays out, how McCarron performs, and how healthy the dinged up guys can get.

I've got quite a few beers in me my now, so hopefully my rambling makes sense.  ThumbsUp

Yep!!!   To me it's pretty obvious that the main problem is Marvin Lewis.  Now, I know there were injuries today that played a big part in today's loss, but when a coach only wins 2 out of 14 games at home against a division rival, I think that is a pretty good indication that that coach can't get the job done.  Unfortunately, I'm back to thinking we won't get to where we want to be until Marvin is gone.  I really hope I'm wrong.
[Image: PApinhead-Sig-1_2.png]

Sig compliments of ExtraRadiohead
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2015, 08:18 PM)RASCAL Wrote: my rant is as follows:

The best rant in the history of rants!!!!
[Image: PApinhead-Sig-1_2.png]

Sig compliments of ExtraRadiohead
Reply/Quote
The Eifert hit was dirty and on purpose.
Reply/Quote
Yep, the Eifert hit was dirty and was flagged as such. Some of the plays I saw that weren't called were the Steelers players jumping on the back of Burfict's knees when he was on the ground and DeCastro trying to gouge out Gilberry's eyes while they were rolling around on the ground.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2015, 09:06 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Yep, the Eifert hit was dirty and was flagged as such. Some of the plays I saw that weren't called were the Steelers players jumping on the back of Burfict's knees when he was on the ground and DeCastro trying to gouge out Gilberry's eyes while they were rolling around on the ground.

Speaking of penalties, I'd like a detailed explanation from the NFL as to why Whitworth got called for an absolutely non-existent hold on a crucial play and why their guy (DeCastro) is allowed to stick both his grubby hands into our guys facemask and only the Bengals get called for a personal foul.  They even showed the replay like 3 or 4 times for good measure.  The entire 4th quarter was a one-sided Steelers-Refs circle jerk session.
Well does he have a name or should I call him... lawyer?
Reply/Quote
Rant (all is forgiven):

THANK YOU ANDY DALTON!!!

Thank you for the last four years of playoff and primetime losses! Thank you for being so good, but never good enough! Thank you for giving the Cincinnati Bengals a stigma, and thank you for being a dividing point amongst our fan base!

but then, THEN, THEN THIS YEAR!!! WOW

What happened (we all thought you went to N'awlins Creole Voodoo Shack and sold your soul!)? Thank you Andy you turned the corner! Thank you from 8-0 to 10-2! Thank you for the best start in franchise history! Thank you for bringing us all back together! Thank you for getting our hopes so high and believing this, finally, this was the year!

but then, THEN, THEN BAD ANDY SCREWS US ALL!!

Thank you Andy for screwing us, the fans! Thank you Andy for screwing your team! Thank you Andy for screwing yourself because your contract guarantees you an extra $1,000,000 for a Division playoff win and $1,500,000 for AFC Championship game, (even more for the Super Bowl), and for the life of your contract, but wait oh wait, you must play 85% of the snaps in those games!!! Thank you for making such an absolutely horrid Red Ryder BB Gun 1 yard interception in the red zone then followed by a dumb dummy dive tackle against a huge 300lb man who outweighs you by more than a hundred pounds! Thank you for ending all hope, just another year in the life of a Bungle fan!

THANK YOU ANDY, **** YOU ANDY!!!!!

(This concludes the prior rant programming: please forgive, but look forward to the hate! C'mon you know there is a little part inside all of us that feels this way right now! Ninja )
Reply/Quote
Actually, Doc, now that Denver lost, I'm feeling a bit better.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Snakebit. It doesn't matter how close this team gets it seems to always end the same. Perhaps it will be a short stint on the shelf for Dalton and McCarron gets us past the first round playoff game.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2015, 11:02 PM)EatonFan Wrote: Snakebit.  It doesn't matter how close this team gets it seems to always end the same.  Perhaps it will be a short stint on the shelf for Dalton and McCarron gets us past the first round playoff game.

I'm excited to see where we go from here. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
@ShowMeYourTDs: nope. I don't feel that way at all. Are you just trolling?
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2015, 11:26 PM)2ndHalfAdjustment Wrote: @ShowMeYourTDs: nope. I don't feel that way at all. Are you just trolling?

This is a rant thread...so kinda trollin and kinda true! 
Reply/Quote