Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Guenther..do we lose him this off season?
(10-11-2017, 01:26 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: That's true, but when you bring in a baseball FO that wants to tank like it's the MLB then all you get is draft classes to make your team. He's had what, 2 drafts? That's not much time to draft AND develop his players. That said I haven't been crazy about some of their picks so far 

and now they are gonna get possibly embrassed by the QB he passed over twice.

For guenther that's up to him... He might get some interviews but if he decides the job is a good fit or not will be up to him. Of course the bengals could offer him a raise to stay DC as well.

But if hes been paying attention to Hue since he left... he might just wanna stay
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2017, 01:26 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: That's true, but when you bring in a baseball FO that wants to tank like it's the MLB then all you get is draft classes to make your team. He's had what, 2 drafts? That's not much time to draft AND develop his players. That said I haven't been crazy about some of their picks so far 

I know the 2016 Browns draft was pretty much controlled by the FO. It was mentioned that they used PFF's college rankings as a major part of their evaluation. Most of their picks kept getting PFF praise, and then it was reported that their board was influenced by PFF. You've already got reports that there's a rift between the coaches and front office after the handling of Joe Haden. I don't think any coach was going to succeed under a FO that's still trying to get their legs under them in terms of football.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2017, 03:44 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: I know the 2016 Browns draft was pretty much controlled by the FO. It was mentioned that they used PFF's college rankings as a major part of their evaluation. Most of their picks kept getting PFF praise, and then it was reported that their board was influenced by PFF. You've already got reports that there's a rift between the coaches and front office after the handling of Joe Haden. I don't think any coach was going to succeed under a FO that's still trying to get their legs under them in terms of football.

They also got rid of every decent player they had except Thomas.  That hasn't helped.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote