Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Guenther fired by Raiders - Is he our next DC?
Is he our DC next year?

I wasnt a big fan when he was here, but it got much worse when he left.

Look at the Raiders 7-6 and firing a DC! That would never happen here.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Reply/Quote
Hard pass. The further he got from being able to imitate Zimmer's people and system, the worse he got.

32nd, 24th, and 28th defenses under him with the Raiders.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
I think I pass too.
Reply/Quote
No thanks on Guenther, but it’s so funny watching game and game go by with no word on the Bengals staff. I get on the board daily to see if Taylor or any other staff have been canned, and yet nada. I know I know...it’s the Bengals and they don’t do that but one can hope.
Reply/Quote
Mike’s definitely going to get the band back together. It’ll be Gruden at HC and calling plays, and Guenther at DC. Simmons and Tobin ofc keep their jobs.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
The next defensive coordinator I think will be kris Richard but I could see him being on the staff as a LB coach. Never thot that much of Guenther dude never pressed the CBs.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2020, 12:07 AM)J24 Wrote: The next defensive coordinator I think will be kris Richard but I could see him being on the staff as a LB coach. Never thot that much of Guenther dude never pressed the CBs.

You mean Kris Richard's assistant right? We'll hire that guy as our DC.
Reply/Quote
Yeah, the defense fell off big time after Zim left, despite retaining all the same players. I'd pass.
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2020, 12:17 AM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: Yeah, the defense fell off big time after Zim left, despite retaining all the same players. I'd pass.

Not really they were 12th, 2nd, and 8th in points  the three following seasons after Zim left.
J24

Reply/Quote
I don't pick my trash up when it gets to the landfill
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2020, 11:57 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Look at the Raiders 7-6 and firing a DC! That would never happen here.

They have a guy in the wings who has 7 years of experience as a coordinator, which means he has more experience at the level than what...all of our coaches combined?  Could you imagine firing Lou and having Rod Marinelli stepping in?  I feel like if we fired Lou today we'd have to promote one of the laundry guys to DC.
Reply/Quote
Pass
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2020, 12:21 AM)J24 Wrote: Not really they were 12th, 2nd, and 8th in points  the three following seasons after Zim left.

I don't care what the stats say, my eyes saw a drop off, especially that first year.
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2020, 12:39 AM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: I don't care what the stats say, my eyes saw a drop off, especially that first year.

Ok lombardi
J24

Reply/Quote
(12-14-2020, 12:40 AM)J24 Wrote: Ok lombardi

Thanks for the compliment, but I'm just an average football fan.
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2020, 12:44 AM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: Thanks for the compliment, but I'm just an average football fan.

After idolizing Zac for so long, his fanclub are amazed at basic observations about football.
Reply/Quote
I mean, I don’t particularly want Guenther back either, but that 2015 defense was lights out.

Reply/Quote
(12-14-2020, 12:46 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I mean, I don’t particularly want Guenther back either, but that 2015 defense was lights out.

True. I liked what I saw that year. But Zim still would have done better.
Reply/Quote
To me the drop off was from what looked like a top 5 defense to a top 10 defense with Guenther. Not saying they were bad. They just could have been better/ more consistent with all the talent they had.
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2020, 12:22 AM)Destro Wrote: I don't pick my trash up when it gets to the landfill

You ever buy your stuff back from the flea market? No, of course not. Nobody does. Stupid question...
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote