Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Guess AJs production for this Sunday night
(11-20-2015, 12:36 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Doesn't this apply to every single WR in the league.

AJ is third all time in receiving yards per game, so that means every other WR is being "taken out of the game" at times.

To an extent. All elite WR's have some troubles with top CB's. I remember Chad not having his best days against Ike Taylor. Revis owned him for a couple games. That said, he also burned guys like Champ Bailey, Pacman, Rolle, etc. How many times has AJ went for 100+ against a top corner?

He has the talent to win these matchups at least occasionally, yet it seems like any time he plays a top CB, you can pretty much pencil him in for a pretty weak game. Does anyone think he'll win the matchup against PP this Sunday? Be honest.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2015, 12:39 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Yes, they did....so you are saying that JJoe wasn't as good as AJ last year, but this year he was much better?  I guess so.  AJ wasn't open at all Monday Night and he looked to be jogging on a lot of his routes.  

Nice try, though....usually aging CBs have MORE trouble with WRs in their prime.  

(11-21-2015, 03:11 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: To an extent. All elite WR's have some troubles with top CB's. I remember Chad not having his best days against Ike Taylor. Revis owned him for a couple games. That said, he also burned guys like Champ Bailey, Pacman, Rolle, etc. How many times has AJ went for 100+ against a top corner?

He has the talent to win these matchups at least occasionally, yet it seems like any time he plays a top CB, you can pretty much pencil him in for a pretty weak game. Does anyone think he'll win the matchup against PP this Sunday? Be honest.

AJ does not get shut down by good CBs any more than anjy other WR.  That is why he has some of the best numbers in NFL history.  Unless you are claiming that other top WR polay well against good CBs, but get shut down by the poorer ones.  And that just does not make any sense.  Basically you guys are criticizing AJ for not doing something that no other WR has ever done.

AL had a good game against the Pats when they had Revis.  He had a great game against the Dolphins when they had Brett Grimes.  Champ Baily was still a pro Bole player when when AJ had a bit game against him in '12.
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2015, 10:37 AM)fredtoast Wrote: AJ does not get shut down by good CBs any more than anjy other WR.  That is why he has some of the best numbers in NFL history.  Unless you are claiming that other top WR polay well against good CBs, but get shut down by the poorer ones.  And that just does not make any sense.  Basically you guys are criticizing AJ for not doing something that no other WR has ever done.

AL had a good game against the Pats when they had Revis.  He had a great game against the Dolphins when they had Brett Grimes.  Champ Baily was still a pro Bole player when when AJ had a bit game against him in '12.

AJ did nothing against Revis. He did all his damage after Revis left the game, so I'm surprised you'd bring that one up unless you just don't remember. Regardless of Bailey's Pro Bowl status, it was commonly accepted that Bailey was on his last legs in '12. He was 34 and only lasted one more (miserable) season. In 2 games against Grimes, AJ put up some numbers (193 yards combined), that said, he averaged a paltry 9.7 yards per catch. 

I'm sure you could find good games by Dez, Julio, Calvin etc against top CB's, at least occasionally. I've seen it happen. It is what it is. We saw Chad burn top CB's, yet you can't even come up with a handful of legit examples of AJ doing the same.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2015, 03:31 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: AJ did nothing against Revis. He did all his damage after Revis left the game, so I'm surprised you'd bring that one up unless you just don't remember. Regardless of Bailey's Pro Bowl status, it was commonly accepted that Bailey was on his last legs in '12. He was 34 and only lasted one more (miserable) season. In 2 games against Grimes, AJ put up some numbers (193 yards combined), that said, he averaged a paltry 9.7 yards per catch. 

I'm sure you could find good games by Dez, Julio, Calvin etc against top CB's, at least occasionally. I've seen it happen. It is what it is. We saw Chad burn top CB's, yet you can't even come up with a handful of legit examples of AJ doing the same.

This is getting ridiculous.

11 catches for 128 yards against Grimes is not a good game?

Revis played 48 of 52 defensive snaps against the Bengals.  What are you talking about Green did all of his damage after Revis left the game?

How about in '12 when he had 7 catches for 135 yards and 2 tds against Joe Haden?  Or in 2011 when he had 3 catches for 110 against Haden?

In '12 he torched DeAngelo Hall of the Redskins for 183 yards.

He had 6 for 91 and a TD against Pro Bowler Brandon Flowers and the Chiefs in '12.

The Bears Charles Tillman was coming off an All Pro season with the Bears when Green torched him for 162 yards and 2 tds in '13.

Antonio Cromartie was a Pro Bowler in '13 when Green went for 115 yards against the Jets in '13.
Reply/Quote
How many fumbles will he have? xD
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2015, 10:37 AM)fredtoast Wrote: AJ does not get shut down by good CBs any more than anjy other WR.  That is why he has some of the best numbers in NFL history.  Unless you are claiming that other top WR polay well against good CBs, but get shut down by the poorer ones.  And that just does not make any sense.  Basically you guys are criticizing AJ for not doing something that no other WR has ever done.

Talking about Champ Bailey as a Pro Bowler for any reason other than he had been good for a long time shows your lack of comprehension of the subject.  AJ was pressed again, and was shut down, again.  That last effort in the corner of the end zone was pathetic.  He basically waited to see if the defender was going to pick it off, then tried to make a play on it.  Weak.  If I am Dalton, I look elsewhere when the game is on the line if AJ has a solid press corner.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
AJ looked pretty shut down to me last night....until Peterson went out.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
AJ was shut down every time they focused on his battle with Peterson. Locked down is probably more accurate.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2015, 10:27 AM)jj22 Wrote: AJ was shut down every time they focused on his battle with Peterson. Locked down is probably more accurate.

AJ struggles against physical corners. If the cornerback doesnt allow him to get a clean release off the snap (which Peterson was doing a masterful job at), then its game over for AJ. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
None of the greatest receivers had a bb gun as a QB Hilarious
Reply/Quote
And Fred disappears...C'mon Fred....where is the defense of indifferent AJ? He looked so interested in making plays last night.
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2015, 01:23 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: And Fred disappears.

You know when everyone else disappeared.  right after i made this post.

(11-21-2015, 04:45 PM)fredtoast Wrote: This is getting ridiculous.

Revis played 48 of 52 defensive snaps against the Bengals.  What are you talking about Green did all of his damage after Revis left the game?

How about in '12 when he had 7 catches for 135 yards and 2 tds against Joe Haden?  Or in 2011 when he had 3 catches for 110 against Haden?

He had 6 for 91 and a TD against Pro Bowler Brandon Flowers and the Chiefs in '12.

The Bears Charles Tillman was coming off an All Pro season with the Bears when Green torched him for 162 yards and 2 tds in '13.

Antonio Cromartie was a Pro Bowler in '13 when Green went for 115 yards against the Jets in '13.

Where are all the response to that post?

(11-24-2015, 01:23 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: C'mon Fred....where is the defense of indifferent AJ?  He looked so interested in making plays last night.

As for his game Sunday night what exactly do you mean by "indifferent"?  Please post something that shows he was "indifferent".  All I saw was a CB that had some problems matched up with a great CB.  Just as I have said throughout this thread EVERY wide receiver has problems with elite CBs.  Sometimes the CB wins, and sometimes the WR wins.
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2015, 08:56 AM)Wyche Wrote: AJ looked pretty shut down to me last night....until Peterson went out.

I don't think AJ caught a pass after Peterson left the game.  He had 79 yards before that.  Not all of that was against Peterson, but he clearly was not "shut down until Peterson went out".
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2015, 12:43 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I don't think AJ caught a pass after Peterson left the game.  He had 79 yards before that.  Not all of that was against Peterson, but he clearly was not "shut down until Peterson went out".

He scored about 50 of those yards against Peterson's backup when he took 1 play off before he got injured. Good try tho. 

I can remember him getting 1 ball against Peterson on the short comeback route on the left side of the field. Andy threw it high and AJ went up to go get it. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2015, 04:45 PM)fredtoast Wrote: This is getting ridiculous.

Out of these 8 examples, only 3 made the pro bowl the year they faced AJ. The fact that all of these (except for Revis) are from 3+ years ago is alarming. Speaking of Revis, AJ had 4 catches for 64 yards against him, with Revis forcing a fumble. AJ's only TD came when Revis went out.

I still can't believe AJ hasn't beaten Haden since 2012. They play twice every year.
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2015, 05:58 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: The fact that all of these (except for Revis) are from 3+ years ago is alarming. 

Why is it alarming?

How many games did AJ play against Pro Bowl CBs in '13 and '14?

Plus, you missed the game against Cromartie in '13.
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2015, 05:58 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Out of these 8 examples, only 3 made the pro bowl the year they faced AJ. 

So the only good CBs in the leagu are the ones that make the Pro Bowl.

JJoe made the Pro bowl in '11 and '12.  Does that mean he was no good in '13?

And the only reason Tillman missed the Pro Bowl in '13 was an injury he suffered after he got scorched by Green opening day.
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2015, 05:58 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Out of these 8 examples, only 3 made the pro bowl the year they faced AJ. The fact that all of these (except for Revis) are from 3+ years ago is alarming. Speaking of Revis, AJ had 4 catches for 64 yards against him, with Revis forcing a fumble. AJ's only TD came when Revis went out.

I still can't believe AJ hasn't beaten Haden since 2012. They play twice every year.

Dead on.  The defenders have figured out a plan to defend him....PRESS.  AJs plan against the press?  We're still waiting.  
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2015, 06:52 PM)fredtoast Wrote: So the only good CBs in the leagu are the ones that make the Pro Bowl.

JJoe made the Pro bowl in '11 and '12.  Does that mean he was no good in '13?

And the only reason Tillman missed the Pro Bowl in '13 was an injury he suffered after he got scorched by Green opening day.

If by scorched you mean he had two balls go off his hands for INTs, I hope he doesn't scorch anyone else.  
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2015, 01:20 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Dead on.  The defenders have figured out a plan to defend him....PRESS.  AJs plan against the press?  We're still waiting.  

If he ever figures out how to beat press, he'd be unstoppable. Without question the best WR in the league. As of now, he's an elite WR with a pretty big weakness. If you have a really good physical CB, AJ is neutralized and Dalton has to look elsewhere or risk throwing picks. We all saw how PP just handled him. That's the book on AJ.  
Reply/Quote