Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Guess AJs production for this Sunday night
(11-25-2015, 01:35 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: If he ever figures out how to beat press, he'd be unstoppable. Without question the best WR in the league. As of now, he's an elite WR with a pretty big weakness. If you have a really good physical CB, AJ is neutralized and Dalton has to look elsewhere or risk throwing picks. We all saw how PP just handled him. That's the book on AJ.  

Then there is a book on every other WR in the league also because they all get shut down just as often as Green.

I have posted the numbers that prove this.  It is impossible for Green to be as productive as he is if he was as limited as you claim.  And other WRs would have much greater numbers if it was impossible to shut them down.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2015, 01:20 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Dead on.  The defenders have figured out a plan to defend him....PRESS.  AJs plan against the press?  We're still waiting.  

So why doesn't every team just press him and shut him down?

This is silly.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2015, 01:35 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: If he ever figures out how to beat press, he'd be unstoppable. Without question the best WR in the league. As of now, he's an elite WR with a pretty big weakness. If you have a really good physical CB, AJ is neutralized and Dalton has to look elsewhere or risk throwing picks. We all saw how PP just handled him. That's the book on AJ.  
He beat the press on his last play against the Cardinals. Unfortunately Andy threw the ball to the cornerback defending against him instead. If Andy makes an accurate throw on that play AJ has 104 yards, the game winning touchdown, and this thread is dead right now.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2015, 07:51 AM)C0de_M0nkey Wrote: He beat the press on his last play against the Cardinals. Unfortunately Andy threw the ball to the cornerback defending against him instead. If Andy makes an accurate throw on that play AJ has 104 yards, the game winning touchdown, and this thread is dead right now.

No, he didn't.  He wasn't pressed.  The DB was 10 yards off the LOS.  If AJ runs through the defender while he was being face-guarded, he draws the PI flag whether he catches it or not.  Instead, he just waited to see what happened.  

Many people on here won't accept any criticism of AJ.  For a top paid WR, I don't understand how he gets a pass in games where he seemingly is disinterested and barely contributes.  If he is doubled, fine, that helps the rest of the offense.  However, it seems that a good number of the better CBs in the league (like the ones he will see in the playoffs) are shutting him down.  

If that isn't a concern to anyone, start practicing your excuses for a first round playoff exit.  Maybe he should be put in motion more.  Maybe he needs to learn a better release.  Whatever it is, the Bengals need him to be there in the postseason.  I saw Dalton answer the bell against a tremendous pass rush, on the road, in a key game.  I need to see AJ do the same.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2015, 10:50 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: No, he didn't.  He wasn't pressed.  The DB was 10 yards off the LOS.  If AJ runs through the defender while he was being face-guarded, he draws the PI flag whether he catches it or not.  Instead, he just waited to see what happened.  

Many people on here won't accept any criticism of AJ.  For a top paid WR, I don't understand how he gets a pass in games where he seemingly is disinterested and barely contributes.  If he is doubled, fine, that helps the rest of the offense.  However, it seems that a good number of the better CBs in the league (like the ones he will see in the playoffs) are shutting him down.  

If that isn't a concern to anyone, start practicing your excuses for a first round playoff exit.  Maybe he should be put in motion more.  Maybe he needs to learn a better release.  Whatever it is, the Bengals need him to be there in the postseason.  I saw Dalton answer the bell against a tremendous pass rush, on the road, in a key game.  I need to see AJ do the same.  

Nice story bro. 

Did Dalton throw a good pass or not?
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2015, 10:50 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: No, he didn't.  He wasn't pressed.  The DB was 10 yards off the LOS.  If AJ runs through the defender while he was being face-guarded, he draws the PI flag whether he catches it or not.  Instead, he just waited to see what happened.  

Nonsense. The DB wasn't ten yards off the line of scrimmage and he didn't faceguard AJ. He tried to press AJ at the line but he got juked and burned. Andy underthrew the pass poorly and the corner turned around and made a play on the ball. If AJ would have ran through the DB he would have drawn an OPI call and knocked the Bengals out of field goal range.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/cincinnati-bengals/0ap3000000586122/Bengals-A-J-Green-almost-comes-down-with-TD
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2015, 10:50 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: No, he didn't.  He wasn't pressed.  The DB was 10 yards off the LOS. 

Many people on here won't accept any criticism of AJ.

We won't accept criticism from someone like you who has no clue what is going on.  The video clearly shows that the DB was no where near 10 yards off the LOS.

This is why no one respects your opinion on Green.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2015, 07:51 AM)C0de_M0nkey Wrote: He beat the press on his last play against the Cardinals. Unfortunately Andy threw the ball to the cornerback defending against him instead. If Andy makes an accurate throw on that play AJ has 104 yards, the game winning touchdown, and this thread is dead right now.

Yes....he did....but that isn't the point.  He can beat the press....but not against top caliber DBs very often.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-25-2015, 11:08 AM)Fresno B Wrote: Nice story bro. 

Did Dalton throw a good pass or not?

Are you blind or not?  First, you don't know what defense was played against him.  Then, you blame the throw when I explained (I thought in a fairly simple manner) what AJ should have done.  What are you missing here?  A flag makes the play good for a first down at about the three yard line EVEN IF THE BALL IS PICKED OFF!!!

AJ should have run through the face guard and drawn the flag.  Instead, he just waited to see what happened.  How many times have people said on here;  "give your playmakers a chance to make a play"?  He did, and AJ didn't.  
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2015, 11:49 AM)fredtoast Wrote: We won't accept criticism from someone like you who has no clue what is going on.  The video clearly shows that the DB was no where near 10 yards off the LOS.

This is why no one respects your opinion on Green.

Fred = no one....pretty accurate.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2015, 12:28 PM)SHRacerX Wrote:  First, you don't know what defense was played against him.

Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2015, 12:15 PM)Wyche Wrote: Yes....he did....but that isn't the point.  He can beat the press....but not against top caliber DBs very often.

He beats it as often as any other WR in the league.  If he didn't then he would not be one of the most productive WRs in the league.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2015, 12:28 PM)SHRacerX Wrote:  I explained (I thought in a fairly simple manner) what AJ should have done.  What are you missing here?  

What is missing here is your understanding of football.

The pass was short.  The defender was between Green and the ball.  Green can not just throw a defender out of the way to catch a ball.  That would have been offensive pass interference and would have possibly pushed us back out of FG range.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2015, 12:28 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Are you blind or not?  First, you don't know what defense was played against him.  Then, you blame the throw when I explained (I thought in a fairly simple manner) what AJ should have done.  What are you missing here?  A flag makes the play good for a first down at about the three yard line EVEN IF THE BALL IS PICKED OFF!!!

AJ should have run through the face guard and drawn the flag.  Instead, he just waited to see what happened.  How many times have people said on here;  "give your playmakers a chance to make a play"?  He did, and AJ didn't.  

Either you didn't watch the game or you don't understand the rules. There was no faceguard. The defender turned around and made a play on the ball. If AJ would have run through the defender he would have drawn an offensive pass interference flag and knocked the team out of field goal range.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2015, 12:36 PM)fredtoast Wrote: He beats it as often as any other WR in the league.  If he didn't then he would not be one of the most productive WRs in the league.

.....or he could have scenarios like 227 yards against a depleted Ravens secondary and next to nothing against a Texans team and that levels out the numbers.  Averages and totals don't always tell the tale.

Reply/Quote
(11-25-2015, 01:13 PM)Wyche Wrote: .....or he could have scenarios like 227 yards against a depleted Ravens secondary and next to nothing against a Texans team and that levels out the numbers.  Averages and totals don't always tell the tale.

It's really hard to tell who is to blame for games like the Texans, Browns 2014, and every playoff game where the offense puts up a performance below the 32nd ranked team.  We will likely never see AJ Green play for another HC until he's well past his prime, so this will remain a mystery for the ages.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2015, 01:13 PM)Wyche Wrote: .....or he could have scenarios like 227 yards against a depleted Ravens secondary and next to nothing against a Texans team and that levels out the numbers.  Averages and totals don't always tell the tale.

Then why don't you post some numbers to back that up.

I have posted numbers that prove that EVERY wr in the league gets bshut down some games.  you have done nothing but stick your head in the ground and ignore reality.

Please post some stats to back up what you claim.  I can do it for my side why can't you do it to prove your point?
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2015, 01:16 PM)Nately120 Wrote: It's really hard to tell who is to blame for games like the Texans, Browns 2014, and every playoff game where the offense puts up a performance below the 32nd ranked team.  We will likely never see AJ Green play for another HC until he's well past his prime, so this will remain a mystery for the ages.

Yep.....but I think Browns 2014 was just an overall dumpster fire.  Andy had a HORRIBLE game that night for sure.  Seems I remember hearing the same thing I heard against Houston coming from the commentators that game to though...."no one is getting open".  Of course, if they were, he couldn't hit them.  Scheme?  Execution?  Who knows for sure?

Reply/Quote
(11-25-2015, 01:21 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Then why don't you post some numbers to back that up.

I have posted numbers that prove that EVERY wr in the league gets bshut down some games.  you have done nothing but stick your head in the ground and ignore reality.

Please post some stats to back up what you claim.  I can do it for my side why can't you do it to prove your point?

Um.....I just did?

Yes, all WRs have off games...but the great ones beat good competition, AJ has struggled against it.  Anyone who watches this team week to week knows this without Google.

Reply/Quote

He had 67 yards against the Texans. Julio Jones only put up 38 yards against the Texans. 67 yards per game is enough for a 1000 yard season.
Reply/Quote