Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Guess who I saw Tonight? Cool Story!
I ate at Subway and then rolled up to the light to cross this major road that's just off the highway and always busy on my way to Five Seasons to workout.

I see this sports car cross two lanes right before the light and turn onto the street that I was on, and it was a sports car (I think it was the one below) and had big red rims:

[Image: 27205.jpg]

I think nothing of it and keep waiting for the light to change, but I hear a honk, turn around, and see the car had turned into the bank, went around the circle, and was sitting there like it was going to turn to come back to the light, but, again, I think nothing of it because lots of people honk at me.

All the sudden, I hear "Brad!" I turn around and the car has its window down and was yelling at me- it's Peko!

I roll back down to talk to him, which he was just asking me how I was, what I had been up to, and whatever else. I start asking him what he's doing, which he said he had just come from the stadium, where he was working out and whatever, but said he's excited to get back to real work soon, and just other random things.

I said (typed) "make sure you tell Jeremy to......" and then I covered up my Lightwriter (my little talking computer) with two arms and folded over it. He responds with "I know! We thought it was over after Burfict's pick!" He went on about a few other things, and then I said "good seeing you, brother, but I gotta get out of the cold and go workout," because I was freezing.

He responds with "great seeing you and I'll see you around this summer. Will you be at training camp?" Of course I will be. Then he responds with "I'll talk to you then, but I'm sure I'll see you before that."

He's a great guy and an awesome player for this team! For him to swerve two lanes, wait at a stoplight, turn around in a bank, and then do everything he could to get my attention......... it was awesome of him! I had to share!
Reply/Quote
How does he fit in that, did he lose weight in off season from your perspective
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Cool story!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2016, 10:24 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: How does he fit in that, did he lose weight in off season from your perspective
Didn't really pay attention, but now that you mention it, he did look leaner and in better shape  ThumbsUp
(04-04-2016, 10:25 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Cool story!

Yes sir!
Reply/Quote
That's pretty cool Brad!

[Image: cinsigfin.png]
Reply/Quote
Peko is truly a good guy.  You are lucky to know him
Reply/Quote
Peko is the man! Only someone so genuine could be that friendly and personal with the fans. awesome story!
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2016, 11:11 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Peko is the man! Only someone so genuine could be that friendly and personal with the fans. awesome story!

That's what I'm saying!  

Not like he just slowed down when he was on the same road as me or stopped to talk to me when I was rolling by- he changed his entire route and went out of his way to get my attention!
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2016, 10:22 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I ate at Subway and then rolled up to the light to cross this major road that's just off the highway and always busy on my way to Five Seasons to workout.  

I see this sports car cross two lanes right before the light and turn onto the street that I was on, and it was a sports car (I think it was the one below) and had big red rims:

[Image: 27205.jpg]

I think nothing of it and keep waiting for the light to change, but I hear a honk, turn around, and see the car had turned into the bank, went around the circle, and was sitting there like it was going to turn to come back to the light, but, again, I think nothing of it because lots of people honk at me.  

All the sudden, I hear "Brad!"  I turn around and the car has its window down and was yelling at me- it's Peko!

I roll back down to talk to him, which he was just asking me how I was, what I had been up to, and whatever else.  I start asking him what he's doing, which he said he had just come from the stadium, where he was working out and whatever, but said he's excited to get back to real work soon, and just other random things.

I said (typed) "make sure you tell Jeremy to......" and then I covered up my Lightwriter (my little talking computer) with two arms and folded over it.  He responds with "I know!  We thought it was over after Burfict's pick!"  He went on about a few other things, and then I said "good seeing you, brother, but I gotta get out of the cold and go workout," because I was freezing.

He responds with "great seeing you and I'll see you around this summer.  Will you be at training camp?"  Of course I will be.  Then he responds with "I'll talk to you then, but I'm sure I'll see you before that."

He's a great guy and an awesome player for this team!  For him to swerve two lanes, wait at a stoplight, turn around in a bank, and then do everything he could to get my attention.........  it was awesome of him!  I had to share!

That's awesome !
He's the only person that I can think of that I'd consider a role-model for myself.
A kind, honorable, thoughtful person.
I have an item that one of his neighbors wants to purchase.
The guy said he'd introduce me to him.
I'm not sure I'd want to bug him though.
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2016, 12:14 AM)Rotobeast Wrote: That's awesome !
He's the only person that I can think of that I'd consider a role-model for myself.

I agree with this a lot. Him and Whitworth have held that standing for a long time in my mind. I think that is why Marvin keeps them along. Great role models and leaders. Every team has them, but of course I think ours are the best Wink
Reply/Quote
Thats a mclaren 650. Starting price I wanna say is somewhere around 220k. The real question is, how DOES he fit in that thing?

Cool story, and Peko has always been a classy guy.

Other classy player on our team:
Andy Dalton
Carlos Dunlap
Michael Johnson
Andrew Whitworth
AJ Green
Gio Bernard

Off topic: Posting this as unc and nova final seconds wow
Reply/Quote
/r/thathappened
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2016, 12:31 AM)Gohards Wrote: Thats a mclaren 650. Starting price I wanna say is somewhere around 220k. The real question is, how DOES he fit in that thing?

Cool story, and Peko has always been a classy guy.

Other classy player on our team:
Andy Dalton
Carlos Dunlap
Michael Johnson
Andrew Whitworth
AJ Green
Gio Bernard

Off topic: Posting this as unc and nova final seconds wow

You've forgotten Vincent Rey.  

http://www.cincyjungle.com/2014/12/16/7402195/vincent-rey-nominated-for-walter-payton-nfl-man-of-the-year-award
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2016, 02:09 AM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: You've forgotten Vincent Rey.  

http://www.cincyjungle.com/2014/12/16/7402195/vincent-rey-nominated-for-walter-payton-nfl-man-of-the-year-award

Rey was also kind enough to give me an interview for a class a couple years back. It was awesome. Loved him for it, even though he's very #notgood
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2016, 12:14 AM)Rotobeast Wrote: That's awesome !

What neighbor?!

We moved to that neighborhood when I was in 7th grade (our house wasn't small, but we weren't super-rich and it's nothing compared to Peko's or any of the other houses by Peko's right at the start), which now my parents live in a condo at the start and my brother moved into their house.  

Peko won't mind at all.  When he moved in, he did things like buy the kids in the neighborhood a bouncy house to play in.
Reply/Quote
cool story man
Reply/Quote
What a great guy. Just an all round likeable guy. Dependable on and off the field.

Reply/Quote
For as much shit as we've given him about being old and over the hill, one thing has remained constant.  He REALLY IS a stand up guy and class act.  That's a great story Brad.  I like him even more now. ThumbsUp

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Nobody can deny that Peko comes off as a genuine and kind human being.

The one thing I think you should have ribbed him about was leaving the sideline in his caped jacket to push a Steeler.

He might have thought you were a dick... but it would've been interesting to hear what lead him to do that.

Thanks for sharing Brad.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
That is a crazy cool story Brad.

I don't think i have heard one that cool with a player going out of his way to talk to a fan like that.

Nah, i know i have never heard a story that cool. Awesome dude Domata is, awesome.

Triple awesome. Rock On
Reply/Quote