Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Guess who I saw Tonight? Cool Story!
(04-05-2016, 03:20 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: What neighbor?!

We moved to that neighborhood when I was in 7th grade (our house wasn't small, but we weren't super-rich and it's nothing compared to Peko's or any of the other houses by Peko's right at the start), which now my parents live in a condo at the start and my brother moved into their house.  

Peko won't mind at all.  When he moved in, he did things like buy the kids in the neighborhood a bouncy house to play in.

Jim Orwig (from the band The Menus).
Reply/Quote
The Bengals are fortunate to have so many really good people on the team - in addition to being great players

You rarely hear of a player who can afford a car like that turning it around to talk to a fan.  I've always thought highly of him and he's only increased my respect.

The guy walks the walk (even if he put on a cape at the worst possible time)

Thanks for sharing the story Brad. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Very cool.
This post brought to you by the Cincinnati Bengals. Proud leaders in squandering opportunity, since 1969.
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2016, 03:02 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Nobody can deny that Peko comes off as a genuine and kind human being.

The one thing I think you should have ribbed him about was leaving the sideline in his caped jacket to push a Steeler.

He might have thought you were a dick... but it would've been interesting to hear what lead him to do that.

Thanks for sharing Brad.

He's already explained it. He walked out there to tell them the guy it was a dirty hit, which would have been ok, but he simply forgot he had his cape on. Had the cape not been on, there would have been no penalty.
Reply/Quote
If he wants it Peko has a great future available to him in the WWE after he retires from football.

I'd love top see him and Maualuga form a tag team.  Especially if they have Super Bowl rings to use against the bad guys.

Brad could be their manager.  They'd toss some heel out of the ring and Brad would roll all over him.  He'd just need a badass wheel chair like this

[Image: trackchair-4.JPG]
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2016, 09:19 AM)Sled21 Wrote: He's already explained it. He walked out there to tell them the guy it was a dirty hit, which would have been ok, but he simply forgot he had his cape on. Had the cape not been on, there would have been no penalty.

I don't think this is correct.

Players are not allowed to come onto the field to confront refs.
Reply/Quote
How do you know Peko? Cool story tho. And props to Peko for doing that.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
My Mom met Peko at Burlington Coat Factory in Latonia, KY. She said he was super friendly and had no problem posing for a few pics for people there. I don't think it's a stretch to say that Peko is probably the most likable and genuinely nice person on the Bengals. Dalton has to be up there too with all his charity work.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2016, 10:06 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I don't think this is correct.

Players are not allowed to come onto the field to confront refs.

He wasn't confronting the ref, he was confronting the Steeler in between plays....
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2016, 12:36 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: How do you know Peko? Cool story tho. And props to Peko for doing that.

He moved into a house at the beginning of my parents' neighborhood.  He actually bought Bill Erpenbeck's house (Bill's been on national news and I think 60 Minutes because he stole millions of dollars in his homebuilding/banking/loan scam *34 million was the official number, but a lot of people think it's a lot more*).

Our house wasn't small (grey one on the left in that link, not the pictures below), but we got it at a good price, and it's nothing compared to Bill's:

[Image: erpenbeck_zoom.jpg][Image: erphome_zoom.jpg]

He had a huge pool with a waterfall and I think the pool was worth more than my whole house.

Anyways, Peko's a great guy!
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2016, 03:03 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: He moved into a house at the beginning of my parents' neighborhood.  He actually bought Bill Erpenbeck's house (Bill's been on national news and I think 60 Minutes because he stole millions of dollars in his homebuilding/banking/loan scam *34 million was the official number, but a lot of people think it's a lot more*).

Our house wasn't small (grey one on the left in that link, not the pictures below), but we got it at a good price, and it's nothing compared to Bill's:

He had a huge pool with a waterfall and I think the pool was worth more than my whole house.

A buddy of mine works for a crane company that set something in his backyard. Evidently there is a hole in the bottom of his pool, that you swim down through and then come up inside the waterfall where there is a bar and tv.... I'd love to see that!
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2016, 03:03 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: He moved into a house at the beginning of my parents' neighborhood.  He actually bought Bill Erpenbeck's house (Bill's been on national news and I think 60 Minutes because he stole millions of dollars in his homebuilding/banking/loan scam *34 million was the official number, but a lot of people think it's a lot more*).

When I was 16-20, I dated a girl who lived off of Frogtown Road in Burlington, KY. Her dad worked for Erpenbeck and I had the "pleasure" of meeting him. Of course, this was before he was put away for life. He showed up for my GF's brother's graduation party and handed him a $100 bill. The dirtbag also used to take them on a Caribbean cruise every year with all that stolen loot.

I kinda thought it was funny when Erpenbeck went down, because my GF's family was incredibly snobby and they always acted super proud that they were in with the Erpenbeck's.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2016, 03:03 PM)Sled21 Wrote: He wasn't confronting the ref, he was confronting the Steeler in between plays....

I still don't think players can come off the sidelines onto the field.  That is why the refs give "sideline warnings" when players or coaches get too close to the field.
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2016, 09:47 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I still don't think players can come off the sidelines onto the field.  That is why the refs give "sideline warnings" when players or coaches get too close to the field.

Those are for during the play. Players come on and off the field between plays all the time.
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2016, 04:28 PM)Sled21 Wrote: A buddy of mine works for a crane company that set something in his backyard. Evidently there is a hole in the bottom of his pool, that you swim down through and then come up inside the waterfall where there is a bar and tv.... I'd love to see that!
It's pretty awesome.  They'd have parties and things before he went away.

Ever hear about his golf cart?  Was something like a 4 seat Cadillac or some other expensive brand.  Pretty sure it had a TV and everything.  It cost more than a lot of cars.
(04-06-2016, 05:43 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: When I was 16-20, I dated a girl who lived off of Frogtown Road in Burlington, KY. Her dad worked for Erpenbeck and I had the "pleasure" of meeting him. Of course, this was before he was put away for life. He showed up for my GF's brother's graduation party and handed him a $100 bill. The dirtbag also used to take them on a Caribbean cruise every year with all that stolen loot.

I kinda thought it was funny when Erpenbeck went down, because my GF's family was incredibly snobby and they always acted super proud that they were in with the Erpenbeck's.

It's hilarious because so many people say they weren't involved, but if you look at most families that were close to them, they're all snobby like that and act like they're on top of the world.  

They might all be clean and just think they're so great because of how well he treated them and all the money spent on him, but it's weird how similar they all act.

There's a story about him showing up at a house at some island in the Caribbean, him walking around to the pool, and there being like 10 or 15 smoking hot women just laying on lounge chairs naked.  I know he told the police about money buried on the golf course and some in a foreign bank, but I gotta wonder how much more he has hidden.  
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2016, 11:31 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: It's pretty awesome.  They'd have parties and things before he went away.

Ever hear about his golf cart?  Was something like a 4 seat Cadillac or some other expensive brand.  Pretty sure it had a TV and everything.  It cost more than a lot of cars.

It's hilarious because so many people say they weren't involved, but if you look at most families that were close to them, they're all snobby like that and act like they're on top of the world.  

They might all be clean and just think they're so great because of how well he treated them and all the money spent on him, but it's weird how similar they all act.

There's a story about him showing up at a house at some island in the Caribbean, him walking around to the pool, and there being like 10 or 15 smoking hot women just laying on lounge chairs naked.  I know he told the police about money buried on the golf course and some in a foreign bank, but I gotta wonder how much more he has hidden.  

Actually now that you mention it, I did hear about the full movie theater he had at his house. And yeah, I did hear about all the stashed money at a golf course, etc. I'm sure someone in his family is still living nice from all the fraud.
Reply/Quote
If you guys ever watch the show American Greed they did one on Erpenbeck.

That's a damn good show if you get a chance to see it.

Narrated by Stacy Keach.

Probably 90 percent of the frauds they cover are ponzi schemes.

That scam apparently is timeless.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Cool story and am a fan of Peko's as well.

But how does he fit into that little car ?

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2016, 10:15 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Cool story and am a fan of Peko's as well.

But how does he fit into that little car ?

Now that you mention it, he did look pretty cramped  Hilarious

He has a few cars, including a big SUV (probably more than one), so I'm pretty sure he's usually pretty comfortable.
Reply/Quote