Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gun owner kills someone
(03-15-2016, 07:13 PM)bfine32 Wrote: My bad, I thought quotation marks meant you were quoting.  Thanks for the lesson.

He knows that quotation marks can be used for different things.  He is just bringing up an old thread (something we aren't supposed to do now) in which he got mad at me for using quotation marks as a means of paraphrasing his statement, instead of using the quote feature.

That was another mistake I made.  I thought that quoting someone wasn't always necessary and that you could use quotation marks to paraphrase their ideas to make sure they were separated from yours.
(03-15-2016, 09:35 PM)Sovereign Nation Wrote: He knows that quotation marks can be used for different things.  He is just bringing up an old thread (something we aren't supposed to do now) in which he got mad at me for using quotation marks as a means of paraphrasing his statement, instead of using the quote feature.

That was another mistake I made.  I thought that quoting someone wasn't always necessary and that you could use quotation marks to paraphrase their ideas to make sure they were separated from yours.

Point of order:  I did not get mad.  I suggested that you made it seem I said something I did not by putting it in quotes.

Point two:  So when I told Larry that you using quote means paraphrasing I was also correct.

Rock On
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
I pop in here and find that this nice little thread about a gun owner killing someone has broken down into a tit-for-tat about the proper way to quote.

Really?!?!

This is like a kid in the backseat of the car crying about the other kid touching them.

I think this thread has died. I'm shutting it down.
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]