Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Guns don't kill people, Pat Sims kills people
Backup DT HYYYPPPEEEEEEE

[Image: sims-pat-033015.jpg]
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
I still maintain that we are much better against the run with him in rotation.....

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2015, 02:53 PM)Wyche Wrote: I still maintain that we are much better against the run with him in rotation.....

This times a 1000.
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2015, 03:00 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: This times a 1000.

Yep, but we'd need to cut Peko for him to get any decent PT, which we all know should happen, but we've been saying it for too long.

I actually defended him in years past because he just did his job, even if it wasn't flashy, but it's time to move on.

I hope he keeps playing well and coaches have no choice but to cut him.  Put his money towards AJ.
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2015, 03:06 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Yep, but we'd need to cut Peko for him to get any decent PT, which we all know should happen, but we've been saying it for too long.

I actually defended him in years past because he just did his job, even if it wasn't flashy, but it's time to move on.

I hope he keeps playing well and coaches have no choice but to cut him.  Put his money towards AJ.

Still is more likely the odd man out.

While Peko is no longer a good NFL starter, he's definitely better than most backups in the league and could be useful in a rotation.

I don't think Still is better than your average backup, as much as that sucks with his whole ordeal that's been going on.
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2015, 03:08 PM)djs7685 Wrote: Still is more likely the odd man out.

While Peko is no longer a good NFL starter, he's definitely better than most backups in the league and could be useful in a rotation.

I don't think Still is better than your average backup, as much as that sucks with his whole ordeal that's been going on.

My thoughts as well.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Pat is thinking "God no!!! The Guns don't kill people Keith Rivers kills people thread, killed one thing....Keith's career!! Please don't!! I don't want to be like Keithhhhhhhhhhh!"
Reply/Quote

There's no doubt that Still has to be cut. As much as we all want to see him succeed, he's just not. He spent way too much time on the ground against the Giants. He did get some pass rush though. He's just not one the top 8-10 guys out there.

Peko should be. We have alot of young talent behind him on the depth chart that is ahead of him on the talent chart.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote

(08-17-2015, 03:15 PM)Wyche Wrote: My thoughts as well.

I thought I remembered seeing that Still had been doing well and looking good because he had time to work and was able to be focused with Leah being ok, but maybe it was just the work and focused part and we're not seeing the results.

One can hope, though.

In any case, I hope Sims keeps that up and we see more of him and less of Peko.
Reply/Quote
Sims is a load.
Reply/Quote
This dudes thread was a fail
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2015, 03:28 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: Sims is a load.

A load? You mean a TRUCK LOAD OF PAIN that he's bringing back through the AFCN?!?

[Image: Sims-Pat-101108-Pitt--nfl_large_590_Unli...height=720]

(08-17-2015, 03:28 PM)Element Wrote: This dudes thread was a fail

Great contribution.

Awesome post.

Nice addition to the thread.

Wow, you must be a blast at parties.

Can you tell that story again? Please?
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2015, 03:06 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Yep, but we'd need to cut Peko for him to get any decent PT, which we all know should happen, but we've been saying it for too long.

I disagree.  Peko is still very effective when used in a rotation.  If he plays every snap, he wears down.  I think Sims and Peko should get near equal series on first and second down with Gilberry/Hunt/Clarke (whoever makes the team) rotating in on obvious passing downs.  It would make each more effective and undoubtedly improve their run defense.
Reply/Quote
When Pat Sims left home for college he told his father "Now you're the man of the house".
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2015, 02:47 PM)djs7685 Wrote: Backup DT HYYYPPPEEEEEEE

[Image: sims-pat-033015.jpg]

This type of thread has not had positive results for the previous people it was about..

Rivers
Vontaze
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2015, 03:40 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: I disagree.  Peko is still very effective when used in a rotation.  If he plays every snap, he wears down.  I think Sims and Peko should get near equal series on first and second down with Gilberry/Hunt/Clarke (whoever makes the team) rotating in on obvious passing downs.  It would make each more effective and undoubtedly improve their run defense.

I think we could have a rotation with Sims and Hardison and still accomplish the same thing, only better.  Have Sims plug the middle and get a slight penetration/push on rushing downs, and bring in Hardison to get after the QB on passing downs.

If Peko doesn't get cut, I won't be angry, I just think that it's time for a new, younger, better playmaking rotation.

The NFL is changing and we need to be in that backfield swarming running backs and quarterbacks, which, like you said, Peko can hold his ground and is good in that definition of a NT, which is the traditional one, but our defense could be exciting and I want a playmaker.
Reply/Quote

x3. If it were up to me, this would probably be Peko's last ride, but he's still good enough to rotate with Pat this year. I'd look for a long term replacement next year though. 

(08-17-2015, 05:21 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: This type of thread has not had positive results for the previous people it was about..

Rivers
Vontaze

x2.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2015, 06:12 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: x3. If it were up to me, this would probably be Peko's last ride, but he's still good enough to rotate with Pat this year. I'd look for a long term replacement next year though. 

x2.

Agree devon stills story makes you want him to make it... But devon stills game tape doesnt make you want him on your roster when there is only 53 spots and you got more than 10 DL players outplaying him
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2015, 03:40 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: I disagree.  Peko is still very effective when used in a rotation.  If he plays every snap, he wears down.  I think Sims and Peko should get near equal series on first and second down with Gilberry/Hunt/Clarke (whoever makes the team) rotating in on obvious passing downs.  It would make each more effective and undoubtedly improve their run defense.

So if someone gets hurt are you comfortable with peko on the roster getting more snaps?
Reply/Quote