Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Guys Remember This Moment
Remember this moment, because believe me the mind is wonderful at forgetting pain, specifically the pain of being a Bengals fan.

You're feeling disgusted now and see how this team turned out, exactly like all the previous with Lewis/Brown...disappointing.

Here's the thing, as bad as your feeling a lot of you will think the Bengals will be a top tier playoff winning Super Bowl bound team come next September. You will say no now, but you will see the changes this offseason and convince yourself it will be different this year....IT WILL BE DIFFERENT.

And then spend the first 3/4 of the season saying we can still do it. We will still get there...and...

nothing...

Remember this moment and you won't be in traction this time next year because you know its coming.

and if for some miracle, some miracle from the gods in heaven shine down on the Bengals and they actually do progress beyond the point of winning a playoff game....then enjoy the gift. Until then think...

kitchens closed!
What pain? I though regular season games were meaningless. Only playoff games matter, amiright?
Why would anyone choose misery over hope. It will all turn out the same no matter what. So why choose to be miserable when you can have hope?

I guess some people just love to. . . .

Never mind.

To each his own.
(12-06-2018, 05:38 PM)GodFather Wrote: Remember this moment, because believe me the mind is wonderful at forgetting pain, specifically the pain of being a Bengals fan.

You're feeling disgusted now and see how this team turned out, exactly like all the previous with Lewis/Brown...disappointing.

Here's the thing, as bad as your feeling a lot of you will think the Bengals will be a top tier playoff winning Super Bowl bound team come next September. You will say no now, but you will see the changes this offseason and convince yourself it will be different this year....IT WILL BE DIFFERENT.

And then spend the first 3/4 of the season saying we can still do it. We will still get there...and...

nothing...

Remember this moment and you won't be in traction this time next year because you know its coming.

and if for some miracle, some miracle from the gods in heaven shine down on the Bengals and they actually do progress beyond the point of winning a playoff game....then enjoy the gift. Until then think...

kitchens closed!

Why don't you just quit slappin' my face GF lol
I have hope everyday....for lots of things....just not the Bengals. LOL

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(12-06-2018, 05:56 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Why don't you just quit slappin' my face GF lol

NEVER buddy!  Hilarious

come on in the kitchen. I'll make you a tuna on rye!
(12-06-2018, 05:58 PM)Wyche Wrote: I have hope everyday....for lots of things....just not the Bengals. LOL

words of wisdom LOL
(12-06-2018, 06:09 PM)GodFather Wrote: words of wisdom LOL

It's sad man.....I actually thought they'd made some good offseason moves, and we'd be 9-7 this season.  Some fool I was....lol

(12-06-2018, 06:12 PM)Wyche Wrote: It's sad man.....I actually thought they'd made some good offseason moves, and we'd be 9-7 this season.  Some fool I was....lol

And this is why I laugh every time I se a post that says.  .  .  

"It doesn't matter if we lose under a new coach.  I'll be happy just knowing that we tried to make some changes."

That is total BS.  If we clean house and get rid of every coach you all will still be bawling just as loud if we go 5-11 next year.
(12-06-2018, 06:17 PM)fredtoast Wrote: And this is why I laugh every time I se a post that says.  .  .  

"It doesn't matter if we lose under a new coach.  I'll be happy just knowing that we tried to make some changes."

That is total BS.  If we clean house and get rid of every coach you all will still be bawling just as loud if we go 5-11 next year.

Not so.  It's the culture here.  I am a die hard Seminoles fan.  I don't think that just because Willie Taggart went 5-7 in year one, missed a bowl for the first time since 1981, and had FSU's first losing record since 1976, that he won't at least right the ship within a year or two once he gets recruits that fit his system and play better than what Jimbo's recruits have done over the last couple of seasons.

Here, we have Mike Brown, and real possibility that Merv will be back.  If not, it could be Hue.  That's not much to hang one's hat on.  You can go back and look at the preseason predictions, and posts about the moves made, and see that I was optimistic about them, and that 9-7 would be a damn fine improvement for this team.  Instead, more of the same under Merv.  That's where the hope dies.

(12-06-2018, 06:12 PM)Wyche Wrote: It's sad man.....I actually thought they'd made some good offseason moves, and we'd be 9-7 this season.  Some fool I was....lol

When they do nothing, it blows up in their faces.  When they try to do something, it blows up in their faces.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Only a fool or a masochist would waste such a precious commodity as hope on the Bengals.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

(12-06-2018, 06:26 PM)Wyche Wrote: Here, we have Mike Brown, and real possibility that Merv will be back.  If not, it could be Hue.  That's not much to hang one's hat on.  You can go back and look at the preseason predictions, and posts about the moves made, and see that I was optimistic about them, and that 9-7 would be a damn fine improvement for this team.  Instead, more of the same under Merv.  That's where the hope dies.

Right.  And if we fire Marvin and get rid of every coach you still won't be happy if we go 5-11 next year.

The whole line about "being happy if we just try something different" is total BS.  If we don't win you won't be happy no matter how much they change.
(12-06-2018, 07:48 PM)McC Wrote: Only a fool or a masochist would waste such a precious commodity as hope on the Bengals.

Only s fool calls hope "a precious commodity".  Hope is absolutely free.

To me wallowing in self pity and trying to avoid hope in order to maintain a victim mentality seems like a pathetic way to live life.

But to each his own.
(12-06-2018, 07:52 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Right.  And if we fire Marvin and get rid of every coach you still won't be happy if we go 5-11 next year.

The whole line about "being happy if we just try something different" is total BS.  If we don't win you won't be happy no matter how much they change.

That really depends.  Is it  5-11 like this year could end up being, where the ship is sinking and hits rock bottom by season's end?  Or is it a 5-11 record of a team actually improving during the season, a tight ship, no own foot shooting, no more delicate psyche, with an arrow pointing up?  Because those are two very different kinds of 5-11.

(12-06-2018, 07:56 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Only s fool calls hope "a precious commodity".  Hope is absolutely free.

To me wallowing in self pity and trying to avoid hope in order to maintain a victim mentality seems like a pathetic way to live life.

But to each his own.

Oh, ye of little awareness and understanding.  And you say to each his own, yet you never stop ragging on anyone with a different pov.

Let's hope they shit can Marvin and there's a least hope for the future.
(12-06-2018, 07:56 PM)McC Wrote: That really depends.  Is it  5-11 like this year could end up being, where the ship is sinking and hits rock bottom by season's end?  Or is it a 5-11 record of a team actually improving during the season, a tight ship, no own foot shooting, no more delicate psyche, with an arrow pointing up?  Because those are two very different kinds of 5-11.

It won't matter.  If we go 5-11 you all will be bawling your eyes out.

Teams that look good don't go 5-11.  People are already ripping Price as a bust and wanting to move on from him despite the fact that he is not only a rookie, but he has also been injured.  If we go 5-11 anyone who says anything positive will be criticized for "accepting losing".
(12-06-2018, 07:58 PM)McC Wrote: Oh, ye of little awareness and understanding.  And you say to each his own, yet you never stop ragging on anyone with a different pov.

I'll admit that I don't understand the benefit of wallowing in self pity and actively avoiding hope.  So please enlighten me.

(12-06-2018, 07:58 PM)McC Wrote:  And you say to each his own, yet you never stop ragging on anyone with a different pov.

And everyone who disagrees with me rags on me.  Just look at the comments you just made about me.

So what is your point?
(12-06-2018, 08:02 PM)fredtoast Wrote: It won't matter.  If we go 5-11 you all will be bawling your eyes out.

Teams that look good don't go 5-11.  People are already ripping Price as a bust and wanting to move on from him despite the fact that he is not only a rookie, but he has also been injured.  If we go 5-11 anyone who says anything positive will be criticized for "accepting losing".

It must be nice to be so superior that you know not only what the whole world is thinking now, but also what it will think in the future.  You're just not worth the effort.