Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HC Jobs filling fast
Shocked 
(01-09-2019, 02:25 PM)pally Wrote: Broncos announce Fangio

Chris Mortensen is reporting Kitchens is the Browns final choice.  Gregg Williams is out as DC

Mellow  If this is true im a bit shocked by the Browns, Williams did an outstanding job as Head Coach and i would have hired him but to not keep him as DC is shocking unless he asked for a release and they granted it... 

I think this move will come back on Cleveland
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2019, 05:00 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Mellow  If this is true im a bit shocked by the Browns, Williams did an outstanding job as Head Coach and i would have hired him but to not keep him as DC is shocking unless he asked for a release and they granted it... 

I think this move will come back on Cleveland

Williams's ego is too big for him to go backwards to work for a guy who was promoted over him...a guy who wasn't the interim head coach like him.  Don't forget he has offers from all sorts of people to just show up and coach.  No interview required.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(01-09-2019, 05:09 PM)pally Wrote: Williams's ego is too big for him to go backwards to work for a guy who was promoted over him...a guy who wasn't the interim head coach like him.  Don't forget he has offers from all sorts of people to just show up and coach.  No interview required.

Well Adam Gase is the next coach of the Jets so that doesn't really take anyone off the Bengals list. Good/Bad?
[Image: sig_zpsweeg0dtn.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2019, 10:42 PM)nkydiesel88 Wrote: Well Adam Gase is the next coach of the Jets so that doesn't really take anyone off the Bengals list. Good/Bad?

Great.
Reply/Quote
Kind of odd that what 8 teams all had fairly unique candidate lists and didn't go for the same guys.

I think that shows there weren't a lot of great candidates, but these guys could still turn out to be good coaches. Atleast a couple of them.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2019, 10:42 PM)nkydiesel88 Wrote: Well Adam Gase is the next coach of the Jets so that doesn't really take anyone off the Bengals list. Good/Bad?

He's taking Vance Joseph as his DC, so that's good....
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 09:28 AM)Sled21 Wrote: He's taking Vance Joseph as his DC, so that's good....

All reports I have seen is if Joseph doesn't get hired here he will be the DC there...so he still is a threat haha.
Reply/Quote
The longer the Bengals' brass continues to hold off on any announcement, the more encouraging the potential choice has to be as an outside hire.

This is almost definitely pointing to the outside candidates now and they are off limits as far as accepting the position until their teams' are knocked out of the playoffs (ahem, Chiefs, Rams)

This is also encouraging imo, because it shows that at least some of the decision making is going through Katie.. even if it is collaboratively finalized with his approval or input, this is way out of bounds of what MB was expected to do... at least to me.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2019, 01:17 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: BTW he got his job in 2017 so his defense was 4-22 before becoming head coach,  pretty poor record if you ask me.

The defense had some part in that, but all in all they dont take the bulk of the blame.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 11:08 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: The defense had some part in that, but all in all they dont take the bulk of the blame.
You do realize that the Browns don't want him? Let that sink in for a minute. If they don't want him after he won more games in six games than the previous two and a half years so there is a reason.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 09:38 AM)SnakeEyez925 Wrote: The longer the Bengals' brass continues to hold off on any announcement, the more encouraging the potential choice has to be as an outside hire.

This is almost definitely pointing to the outside candidates now and they are off limits as far as accepting the position until their teams' are knocked out of the playoffs (ahem, Chiefs, Rams)

This is also encouraging imo, because it shows that at least some of the decision making is going through Katie.. even if it is collaboratively finalized with his approval or input, this is way out of bounds of what MB was expected to do... at least to me.

One can only hope.

However, it is just as likely that the Bengals futz around and then announce that all of the guys they wanted are not available so they're hiring from inside.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 11:46 AM)Catmandude123 Wrote: You do realize that the Browns don't want him? Let that sink in for a minute. If they don't want him after he won more games in six games than the previous two and a half years so there is a reason.

Don't want him or would rather avoid the awkwardness of not giving the guy the job who was at the helm of a 5-3 turnaround still coaching your defense?

I'm not buying they didn't want the guy, but if your hiring a new HC you owe it to him to build his staff. I don't think it had nothing to do with the team not wanting, but what was more in the best interest of all parties involved. I also don't think there is any stink from Bountygate that is going to prevent him from getting another job.

To me Williams was just a guy trying to coach a defense on a lousy team, with a string of lousy head coaches, lousy quarterbacks, and inept management.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 11:46 AM)Catmandude123 Wrote: You do realize that the Browns don't want him? Let that sink in for a minute. If they don't want him after he won more games in six games than the previous two and a half years so there is a reason.

I cant remember 1 time someone was interm HC didn't get the HC spot and came back at a lesser role for the same team the next season.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2019, 11:36 AM)Big Boss Wrote: It hasn't for me personally.  I don't want anything to do with him.  Paying his players to intentionally hurt guys on other teams.  I don't care how long ago it was.
Dude's a scumbag, and I'm surprised he hasn't been outright banned from the NFL.

Why hasnt he?

Most likely because its been going on for a long time now, and by numerous other coaches. Williams just happened to be the fall guy.

Dont tell me that Gregg Williams was the first guy to do this, he was just the first to get caught. For all we know our beloved Mike Zimmer could have done it in the past.
Reply/Quote