Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HELP WANTED...a number 2 WR that can seperate
I might be jumping the gun but I can't see John Ross making a contribution this year in a meaningful season
A.J is the only WR on the roster can actually seperate from a cb.
Every time Tyler Boyd gets the ball he's stopped in his tracks
Brandon LaFell look like he lost whatever speed he had at Carolina
this offense needs a WR that can exploit single coverage underneath and just simply out run guys
How come Tobin or Lewis haven't been looking for a fresh body to sign to help add some quicks
To the offense
Screen passes to Bernard aren't going to work every week and AJ won't be going off for 7 189 every Sunday
Reply/Quote
I thought Core would be that guy, but obviously he hasn't impressed enough to play consistently. It didn't sound like Ross would be back any time soon from what Marvin said today.
Reply/Quote
Hell that Tate guy from the Bills looked pretty good,
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Josh Malone. I bet he gets an opportunity with Boyd and Ross being out for a bit.
Reply/Quote
Believe Ross is supposed to be that guy.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
They knew they needed speed on the outside I don't know why they keep lafell ovr there . You got core and Malone , wake up Marvin.
Reply/Quote
Also I was there on the first day of training camp. Malone stood out day 1 as did mixon.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2017, 12:32 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Hell that Tate guy from the Bills looked pretty good,

Isnt he their #1 WR now, I doubt theyd be willing to part with him, plus i heard he's a pretty good punt returner Ninja
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2017, 12:10 AM)impactplaya Wrote: I might be jumping the gun but I can't see John Ross making a contribution this year in a meaningful season
this offense needs a WR that can exploit single coverage underneath and just simply out run guys
How come Tobin or Lewis haven't been looking for a fresh body to sign to help add some quicks
To the offense
Screen passes to Bernard aren't going to work every week and AJ won't be going off for 7 189 every Sunday

Thankfully Kroft has also stepped up but you're right, I think we are at the point where Lazor may need to broaden the receiving options post bye...its been either -

1. throw to AJ
2. dump short pass off to Bernard/Mixon
3. up the seam to Kroft

I think someone like Steelers will just blanket AJ and force someone else to beat them.  At that moment if that 'someone else' needs to be one of our WRs its not clear who it is.

PS: I'm not for going to get someone else mid season.  We've drafted enough WRs recently that one of them needs to step up...if they cannot get there we should have seen enough to determine that before this point.   We slate Alexander and the OL for not having a viable option at OT but between boyd, lafell, Malone, core and ross (when fit) there has to be a legit WR2 option.

Personally I would like to see Malone get some snaps
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2017, 12:10 AM)impactplaya Wrote: I might be jumping the gun but I can't see John Ross making a contribution this year in a meaningful season
To the offense

Core has experience and the speed to separate.  Ross can get separation immediately.   He has acceleration and agility that are very rare.  I believe Ross will make an impact this season, but I don't understand what they are waiting for with Core.  He deserves a shot.  Lafell could rotate in with him.  

I also believe Erickson and Boyd should rotate in the slot.  
Reply/Quote
What we need to get John Ross and Tyler Eifert back to help this offense with more legit pass catching options:
[Image: 200.gif]
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Now you see why the Bengals drafted Ross and Mixon. They sorely needed speed on offense.
Reply/Quote
What are you talking about? The game plan right now is force it to Green. It's not a lack of separation it is getting the ball to their play maker, the thing he demanded right before they fired the O coordinator. When he has looked to other WR's he has normally found open ones, but Dalton isn't doing that much right now. If you look at how quickly he is getting rid of the ball, he is basically making one read and throwing.
Reply/Quote
Lafell is worlds better than Core at this point. The Bengals have always seemed to view separation as a luxury -- they'd rather have a WR that will fight for the contested ball. Sanu was that guy for awhile. So was TJ Housh. If Ross is healthy, sure, rotate him in. And maybe Core should occasionally get snaps, but he simply isn't as good as Lafell.

Lafells first game with us against the Steelers last year he caught 7 passes on 9 targets for 91 yards. That's the sort of production you need.

And BTW, no one can get the production if the line can't give Dalton more time to throw.

Reply/Quote
To the offense

We just drafted Malone and Ross and have Core...   These guys will eventually be on the field. and all are faster than lafell.

My vote would be for Malone to get a shot if ross isn't ready but Ross should be back next game
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2017, 09:49 AM)Au165 Wrote: If you look at how quickly he is getting rid of the ball, he is basically making one read and throwing.

Well its that or deal with the OL
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2017, 10:20 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: We just drafted Malone and Ross and have Core...   These guys will eventually be on the field. and all are faster than lafell.

My vote would be for Malone to get a shot if ross isn't ready but Ross should be back next game

Go listen to marvins presser yesterday.

Doesn't seem like ross is particularly close and is almost in the dog house

"What’s the update with wide receiver John Ross? Will he be ready to play against Pittsburgh in two weeks?"

“Whenever John Ross comes out there, looks like everybody else and I watch him practice, we’ll have an idea. We’ll see whether or not he deserves to dress.”
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2017, 09:41 AM)ochocincos Wrote: What we need to get John Ross and Tyler Eifert back to help this offense with more legit pass catching options:
[Image: 200.gif]

Tyler Eifert... That's funny.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2017, 11:09 AM)jason Wrote: Tyler Eifert... That's funny.

Help Wanted.... a tight end that creates buzz and hope but no separation because he is damaged goods.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2017, 11:14 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: Help Wanted.... a tight end that creates buzz and hope  but no separation because he is damaged goods.

Tyler Kroft...
Reply/Quote