Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HUE!
With all this talk about how Andy has progressed, I think Hue deserves more props. He's done a masterful job so far this year of spreading the ball around, changing or ditching routes that often led to INT's, and balancing Gio & Hill. I know it's still early, but I'm already worried we might lose him. I'd hate for Andy to start over in a new system again, right after he really seemed to find his groove.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2015, 12:43 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: With all this talk about how Andy has progressed, I think Hue deserves more props. He's done a masterful job so far this year of spreading the ball around, changing or ditching routes that often led to INT's, and balancing Gio & Hill. I know it's still early, but I'm already worried we might lose him. I'd hate for Andy to start over in a new system again, right after he really seemed to find his groove.

He's definitely next up in line for a HC job.  The NFL almost forces him to get a foot in the door if interested.  I just wonder if he's a lightning rod b/c of the Raiders situation, or he's too honest (something that hindered Zimmer for years).

All that said, these things happen and you have to expect it given our success.  Don't know who would replace him, but...I'll just worry about that later.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2015, 12:56 AM)TGISunday Wrote: He's definitely next up in line for a HC job.  The NFL almost forces him to get a foot in the door if interested.  I just wonder if he's a lightning rod b/c of the Raiders situation, or he's too honest (something that hindered Zimmer for years).

All that said, these things happen and you have to expect it given our success.  Don't know who would replace him, but...I'll just worry about that later.

Wonder if Southern Cal might be interested in him after the season's over.  He's got ties to the school.  
Reply/Quote
He should get this job.....

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2015, 01:09 AM)Wyche Wrote: He should get this job.....

Because he could do better than 5-0
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Actually I blame Hue on the Burkhead fumble. When a play is executed just like it is designed and it gets blown up that badly, it's a bad play design. I'll give credit to Hue that he does things unconventionally (and it usually makes the D work harder) but this particular play did not work.

Even a good coach gets it wrong sometimes. So, we'll give him a mulligan this time.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
Were defiantly losing him... He deserves a ton of credit because he has stayed committed to running the ball and not forcing Andy to be a superstar which Ironically has made Andy a superstar.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2015, 01:20 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Because he could do better than 5-0

I'd argue that Hue is a big reason why we're sitting at 5-0.

I'll give Marv props for bringing him back though. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2015, 02:01 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I'd argue that Hue is a big reason why we're sitting at 5-0.

I'll give Marv props for bringing him back though. 

I'd argue that Marvin is a bigger reason why we are sitting at 5-0
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-12-2015, 02:08 AM)bfine32 Wrote: I'd argue that Marvin is a bigger reason why we are sitting at 5-0

I'd argue that Andy Dalton is a bigger reason why we are 5-0 just like I used to argue how Andy Dalton was the bigger reason why we've stunk in the playoffs. 

Marvin's the coach and a mediocre one but it's plain to see that this team goes where the QB takes us; Marvin more or less just goes along for the ride. It probably holds true for the majority of NFL teams. The QB is imperative to the success or failure of an NFL team.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2015, 03:06 AM)CornerBlitz Wrote: I'd argue that Andy Dalton is a bigger reason why we are 5-0 just like I used to argue how Andy Dalton was the bigger reason why we've stunk in the playoffs. 

Marvin's the coach and a mediocre one but it's plain to see that this team goes where the QB takes us; Marvin more or less just goes along for the ride. It probably holds true for the majority of NFL teams. The QB is imperative to the success or failure of an NFL team.

Yup.

As much as I thought I'd never say it, Dalton is the central component of our success so far this season. Having Eifert back is helping, our RBs are pretty good, and we have a nasty pass rush; but it's Dalton's improved accuracy, awareness and confidence that's fueled us to 5-0.
Reply/Quote
There have been a couple of things going on that have been helping the offense, and they are synergizing with each other.

One is Andy's development indeed.

Another is having Eifert. The impact of having a legitimate pass catching TE who can work the seams and the middle has been huge. He is demanding coverage which is opening things up for AJ and Marvin (and having Marvin is also big - a legit #2 WR finally).

Hue finally has all his tools, and to his credit he is using them well. He has consistently used formations with the passing weapons designed to spread defenses out and make their secondaries cover the whole width of the field. With all he does right, the blemishes are minor really - like having Eifert solo block the top pass rusher on the opposing defense or screens so naked the defense can blow them up catastrophically. I expect he will adjust those elements.
Reply/Quote
Marvin says he will retire if the Bengals win a Super Bowl, so let's win one and Hue can be head coach!
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2015, 12:43 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: With all this talk about how Andy has progressed, I think Hue deserves more props. He's done a masterful job so far this year of spreading the ball around, changing or ditching routes that often led to INT's, and balancing Gio & Hill. I know it's still early, but I'm already worried we might lose him. I'd hate for Andy to start over in a new system again, right after he really seemed to find his groove.

Oh, we're gonna lose him.  I don't think there's any doubt about that.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
who would take a HC job to coach college after being at the pro level, that's like retirement.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Send him to Seattle please (as OC of course). ThumbsUp

I already liked him in his time at Oakland and didn't understand why they didn't keep him (well, they are Raiders for a reason I quess). 
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2015, 02:08 AM)bfine32 Wrote: I'd argue that Marvin is a bigger reason why we are sitting at 5-0
In bringing Hue back yes.

But why has no one mentioned th burned timeout on the punt before we got the ball back on the tying drive
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2015, 01:37 AM)EatonFan Wrote: Actually I blame Hue on the Burkhead fumble.  When a play is executed just like it is designed and it gets blown up that badly, it's a bad play design.  I'll give credit to Hue that he does things unconventionally (and it usually makes the D work harder) but this particular play did not work.  

Even a good coach gets it wrong sometimes.  So, we'll give him a mulligan this time.

Seriously?  Burkhead fumbled.  It's Burkhead's fault.
Reply/Quote
Hue and Andy totally set up Seattle for that 5 yard QB keeper TD. 2 plays before keeper they ran a draw to Gio. Play before keeper they ran a read option with Andy keeping ball. Then you see the close up of Hue between plays and Hue smells blood in the water. Andy is hurrying Hue up, they vacate the backfield, Andy starts yelling what sounds like edger and pointing towards left side of the endzone like a fade is coming.

Then basically quick snaps and goes right up gut. Seattle knew they weren't going to run - again. I believe this is something they had seen on film and knew exactly how to set Seattle up ! They knew Seattle and their basically man defense would vacate the middle and that sneak was possible.

Great coaching and playing by Hue and Andy !
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2015, 01:37 AM)EatonFan Wrote: Actually I blame Hue on the Burkhead fumble.  When a play is executed just like it is designed and it gets blown up that badly, it's a bad play design.  I'll give credit to Hue that he does things unconventionally (and it usually makes the D work harder) but this particular play did not work.  

Even a good coach gets it wrong sometimes.  So, we'll give him a mulligan this time.

I guarantee you that was not how the play was designed. No play is designed to let a defensive lineman  free at the point of attack. If you remember, that was one of the first plays that Winston came in for Smith, there was miscommunication and someone missed a block.  
Reply/Quote