Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HUE!
(10-12-2015, 06:27 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: who would take a HC job to coach college after being at the pro level, that's like retirement.

It's been done.  Harbaugh was one of the 5 best coaches in the league.  He left for college.  Saban tried the pros and decided he'd rather be back coaching college when it didn't go like he thought it would.  

A college coach is the face of his program.  He's in control of his players to a much larger extent than a pro coach.  A pro head coach without a reputation is just another millionaire in a locker room full of them, a few of which probably make more than him.  

The biggest downside of coaching college compared to the pros would be the grueling recruiting cycle.  

I think Hue has a pro-style mentality and would likely take a shot as a pro HC before he'd go back to school.  He seems great at handling pro ballplayers.  That said, if I had a choice between coaching in say, Detroit or DC or Tampa or Cleveland vs being the HC at Southern Cal?  I'd probably go with USC.  You'd have an easier time recruiting talent with the school's reputation and legacy coupled with Hue's experience implementing a pro-style offense.  USC has a history of success and winning.  They're a blue blood program.  Most of the places I've mentioned have been either mediocre or absolute trash for a long time.  
Reply/Quote
I haven't been as high on Hue as some, but so far so good.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
If we win the Super Bowl and Marvin rides off in the sunset, then I'd fully expect Hue to get the HC job.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2015, 02:14 PM)Wyche Wrote: They haven't even SNIFFED .500 since he left.  Who threw who under the bus? Confused

Well they were handicapped by a certain trade that he orchestrated. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-12-2015, 05:40 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Well they were handicapped by a certain trade that he orchestrated. 

HA! They were handicapped LONG before that.  Best I remember, he was OC during an 8-8 run, BEFORE the trade, and had Jason Campbell looking like a Pro Bowler BEFORE the trade that was made in a desperate attempt to remain in playoff contention.  Which they did until the last week of the season, with a guy playing QB who had been on the couch weeks prior.  Who you gonna try to make the playoffs with, Palmer or Pryor?  Hue has a never say die attitude, he did what he thought was best to try to stay in the hunt.....but yeah, he threw THEM under the bus. Smirk

Contrary to local hate, Palmer actually didn't perform all that bad out there.  He was surrounded by questionable talent and downright awful coaching after Jackson's departure.  What's Pryor up to these days? Rolleyes

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-12-2015, 05:48 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: HA! They were handicapped LONG before that.  Best I remember, he was OC during an 8-8 run, BEFORE the trade, and had Jason Campbell looking like a Pro Bowler BEFORE the trade that was made in a desperate attempt to remain in playoff contention.  Which they did until the last week of the season, with a guy playing QB who had been on the couch weeks prior.  Who you gonna try to make the playoffs with, Palmer or Pryor?  Hue has a never say die attitude, he did what he thought was best to try to stay in the hunt.....but yeah, he threw THEM under the bus. Smirk

Contrary to local hate, Palmer actually didn't perform all that bad out there.  He was surrounded by questionable talent and downright awful coaching after Jackson's departure.  What's Pryor up to these days? Rolleyes

I wouldnt be surprised if there was some Dead Money from Al Davis's Supersized contracts still being dealt with.... but they should be almost all past that now. they have been looking a little better this year
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2015, 05:58 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: I wouldnt be surprised if there was some Dead Money from Al Davis's Supersized contracts still being dealt with.... but they should be almost all past that now.  they have been looking a little better this year

Yep.....and what did they do in the offseason?  Couldn't have been a coaching change could it?  Dare I say..... LMAO

Reply/Quote
(10-12-2015, 05:59 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: Yep.....and what did they do in the offseason?  Couldn't have been a coaching change could it?  Dare I say..... LMAO

Giving Derek Carr a reliable target certainly didnt hurt...
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2015, 06:03 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Giving Derek Carr a reliable target certainly didnt hurt...

No doubt to that either.....but they even had more life when Sporano took over for Allen at the end of last season.

Reply/Quote
(10-12-2015, 12:43 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: With all this talk about how Andy has progressed, I think Hue deserves more props. He's done a masterful job so far this year of spreading the ball around, changing or ditching routes that often led to INT's, and balancing Gio & Hill. I know it's still early, but I'm already worried we might lose him. I'd hate for Andy to start over in a new system again, right after he really seemed to find his groove.

Hue has done a great job this season as has the entire Offense besides maybe Hill who has been a bit of a
disapointment to me. Gio has been the better back this season. Kind of wild how the backs have reversed
their play but the Shotgun formations really work well with Gio back there.

The passing game has opened it up for Gio.

I just want to see Hill have big smashmouth game sometime this season.

But back to Hue, i hope he sticks around for one more season and when Marv's extension is up we put Hue
as our HC. Seems like maybe this is in the cards, i hope so anyway. Hue or Vance Joseph would be nice once
Marv's contract is up in 2017.
Reply/Quote
Anybody that continues to hate on Hue Jackson is just being stubborn. Hue Jackson has proved more than capable and will probably get an opportunity to be a head coach very soon.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2015, 04:35 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: If we win the Super Bowl and Marvin officially receives an actual legit lifetime contract, then I'd fully expect Hue to get a HC job with a team with QB struggles.

FTFY.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2015, 07:58 AM)thegimp Wrote: I guarantee you that was not how the play was designed. No play is designed to let a defensive lineman  free at the point of attack. If you remember, that was one of the first plays that Winston came in for Smith, there was miscommunication and someone missed a block.  

"I'm not for everybody, and everybody's not for me, but Andy and I have really clicked -- and I'm so proud of him," Jackson said Sunday night as he munched on chicken wings in the upstairs area of a restaurant in the shadow of the Bengals' stadium. "There's a different trust between us this year, and it's great to have a guy that can pick me up when I put us in a bad situation with what wasn't the best-designed play.

-- Hue Jackson
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2015, 11:27 PM)EatonFan Wrote: "I'm not for everybody, and everybody's not for me, but Andy and I have really clicked -- and I'm so proud of him," Jackson said Sunday night as he munched on chicken wings in the upstairs area of a restaurant in the shadow of the Bengals' stadium. "There's a different trust between us this year, and it's great to have a guy that can pick me up when I put us in a bad situation with what wasn't the best-designed play.

-- Hue Jackson

it seemed to be play designed cause it happened later too where zeitler went past bennett and left bennett untouched worked the second time though
Reply/Quote