Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Had my fill of Adam Jones
I'm done with him.  Anybody else?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(12-25-2016, 11:22 AM)McC Wrote: I'm done with him.  Anybody else?

Not done with him at all. We need better coaching.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

So what are you gonna do about it?  I suggest a pink ribbon campaign to get everyone to boo him on TV. I don't personally own any pink ribbon, but if you buy some and ship it  FedEx overnight to me I'll keep it in the bottom drawer of my tool box alongside  of the other items I seldom use, but it'll be on top and not under the old corded drill I almost never find a use for. ...unless I actually find a use for the drill before the Baltimore game. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Getting there.
Reply/Quote

Done why?  Cause he is showing emotion and actually cares!!  He is solid CB and has a lot to offer young guys about the game.  I love the passion that he brings to the team.  We need more players to care like Vontaze and Adam.  
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2016, 11:55 AM)grampahol Wrote: So what are you gonna do about it?  I suggest a pink ribbon campaign to get everyone to boo him on TV. I don't personally own any pink ribbon, but if you buy some and ship it  FedEx overnight to me I'll keep it in the bottom drawer of my tool box alongside  of the other items I seldom use, but it'll be on top and not under the old corded drill I almost never find a use for. ...unless I actually find a use for the drill before the Baltimore game. 

Each one of your posts is a glimpse into madness, like Brando's ramblings at the end of Apocalypse Now.  Don't ever change, you crazy bastard  ThumbsUp
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2016, 01:19 PM)Marlon23 Wrote: Done why?  Cause he is showing emotion and actually cares!!  He is solid CB and has a lot to offer young guys about the game.  I love the passion that he brings to the team.  We need more players to care like Vontaze and Adam.  

He used to be that way.  Now, he's a caricature of his former self.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Bottom line: 2 years left on his contract and he will retire as a Bengal.
Reply/Quote
I DO get tired of him pointing around after ever completed pass like it was definitely somebody's fault other than his own. Not the best teammate this year from what I have seen on the field. Still a good player, but wouldn't mind moving on as well.
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2016, 01:32 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Bottom line:   2 years left on his contract and he will retire as a Bengal.

Come to think of it, there are more coaches and players I would choose to get rid of than there are ones I want to keep. Sad isn't it? Sad
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2016, 01:37 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: I DO get tired of him pointing around after ever completed pass like it was definitely somebody's fault other than his own. Not the best teammate this year from what I have seen on the field. Still a good player, but wouldn't mind moving on as well.

I'd bet money he's correct every time on who is supposed to be where in coverage.....losing Nelson has had a detrimental effect on this secondary, just like I said it would.
Reply/Quote
Yep. I think he can still play but I also think hes a huge contributor to one of the glaring problems on this team which is a major case of immaturity.
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2016, 03:44 PM)R3stangs Wrote: Yep. I think he can still play but I also think hes a huge contributor to one of the glaring problems on this team which is a major case of immaturity.

Teach him how to tackle and suck on a pacifier.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2016, 03:52 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Teach him how to tackle and suck on a pacifier.

Lol. At least it'll keep his big mouth occupied rather than trash talking all game.
Reply/Quote
I actually think him and jackson will make a good tandem next year, i dont like him and kirkpatrick together. Its either one or the other commiting penalties, but i can see him slowing his role and being a mentor next year. And i think Hes done with the returning.
Reply/Quote
I have no problem with him. All the calls against him last night were questionable and I would bet they went against him because of who he is. If it were a Steelers CB, there would be no call at all. He does need to stop being so animated after every play that goes his way.
Reply/Quote
Early in the season when they were giving up some long passing plays I wasn't sure if it was Jones or the safety that blew the coverage. That situation seemed to get better as the season went along. Well the other night I was listening to a Marvin Lewis interview on the radio where he was asked who has had individual good seasons or the question was something like that. He said things like Eifert & Burfict have played well once healthy. Whitworth has been solid as always and he mentioned a few others. He commented on Adam Jones. He said once he settled down he has had a good second half. That kind of led me to believe that it was Jones that it might have been Jones messing up on coverage early on. Maybe I am wrong but that is how it sounded to me. I might be way off on this though?
Reply/Quote

Dude needs to go for a variety of reasons.  He's overpaid.  His play has been mediocre this year, and at his age isn't going to get better.  Helped cost us a playoff win.  Constantly draws penalties.  Prime example of the lack of accountability on this team.
Reply/Quote
we have 2 1st rounders in Dennard and Jackson. It would be nice to start seeing some benefit to drafting thee guys and let Jones fade out.
Reply/Quote
He had two of the ticky-tackiest/worst PI called against him yesterday.

On one, the ball was 10ft over the WR's head.
On the other, the WR turned around, hugged Adam's helmet to his head, and wouldn't let go.

Adam's still the best CB on the team.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote