Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Had my fill of Adam Jones
(12-27-2016, 03:26 PM)CanadianBengal Wrote: Agreed. He's either pointing at a teammate or calling for pushing off. 

He plays to soft on coverage and bites on double moves. Teams are wise to it. 

Yes he plays with passion but gets out of control. What hurts this team is the big mistakes. Every game seem so on come down to errors on key plays and lack of discipline (I'm not talking only penalties but playing within yourself). 

The lack of accountability, especially for veterans is frustrating. Would be nice to see a few of the vets lose their place when playing poorly instead of being trotted out there play after play and then hearing ML make excuses for them. 

I could live with Jones bring shown the door. He's not a 7-8 mil per year CB. I think he only got that contract because Marvin Jones left. Had Marvin Jones signed there wouldn't have been money left for Adam 

I think you could use the money attached to Adam, Rey, Rey, Mike Johnson, Shawn Williams, Boling much better. 

Can't get rid of all of them but getting rid of a few vets might wake up the room. 

Well said!  I wouldn't hate it if we let him go in the offseason.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2016, 03:26 PM)CanadianBengal Wrote: I could live with Jones bring shown the door. He's not a 7-8 mil per year CB. I think he only got that contract because Marvin Jones left. Had Marvin Jones signed there wouldn't have been money left for Adam 

Adam Jones was one of the top 5 CBs in the league last year.  he would have gotten that much money from many othert team,s pout there.
(12-27-2016, 03:26 PM)CanadianBengal Wrote: I think you could use the money attached to Adam, Rey, Rey, Mike Johnson, Shawn Williams, Boling much better. 

Unless you replace them with guys on rookie contracts you are not going to make big upgrades for less money.  When you start shopping for DEs for $5 million on the free agent market you are not going to do much better than Michael Johnson.  Same for most of the other guys you list there.  Maualuga may be the one exception. 
Reply/Quote
Sure, cut 24. Then watch how fast Belichick scoops him up.

Pac actually plays like he really cares, every play. And he is still damn good. He is one of the handful of guys on our defense that I don't mind paying to see.
Reply/Quote
Nah, he still has a contract here and if he continues to not play good at CB we can use him as a Returner.

He plays with passion and is sometimes an idiot but overall i think you keep him simply for depth at CB and as a Returner.

I like Erickson as a Returner more right now (cannot believe i said that but Alex has had a very good year) but it is nice to
have talented depth and Adam is talented and is in great shape every year. Bottom line is the coaching has been terrible
this year, you cannot blame everything on the players and Adam gives a shit unlike Ogbuehi.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2016, 12:08 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Adam Jones was one of the top 5 CBs in the league last year.  he would have gotten that much money from many othert team,s pout there.

Unless you replace them with guys on rookie contracts you are not going to make big upgrades for less money.  When you start shopping for DEs for $5 million on the free agent market you are not going to do much better than Michael Johnson.  Same for most of the other guys you list there.  Maualuga may be the one exception. 

Jones may have gotten the same contract from another team last year but he would not be getting 7-8 mil per after this year. I'm not sure bringing all the same guys back next year is going to move this team forward. Stability is a good thing but they need to watch for complacency. Peko and Johnson hurt the d-line this year and the vet LBs other than Tez hurt the whole D. The team needs to make some changes, both in the coaching ranks and on the field otherwise next year the team will simply just be one year older.  

Jones ranting, lack of discipline and subpar play should make him vulnerable. 
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2016, 12:20 PM)Speedy Thomas Wrote: Sure, cut 24.  Then watch how fast Belichick scoops him up.

Pac actually plays like he really cares, every play.  And he is still damn good.  He is one of the handful of guys on our defense that I don't mind paying to see.

I hope we don't but at least I could give the Patriots fan who is always making fun of us for having Pacman a hard time. He claims the Patriots won't keep problem players or release them if they ever get into trouble. What a joke. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Jones has been playing well the last 10 games of the season. He got off to a bad start but turned it around. He's not as a good on special teams as he used to be but he's a solid corner. Kirkpatrick probably walks so we need to keep jones.
If I win the lottery I'll spend half the money on alcohol, gambling and wild women. The other half I'll waste. 
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2016, 07:17 PM)BoomerFan Wrote: I hope we don't but at least I could give the Patriots fan who is always making fun of us for having Pacman a hard time. He claims the Patriots won't keep problem players or release them if they ever get into trouble. What a joke. 

They had a TE that killed somebody for God sake and Legarrette Blount has always been a thug and he is still around.

Lots of other troubled players they have had in the past as well. They don't walk on water...
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2016, 01:39 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: They had a TE that killed somebody for God sake and Legarrette Blount has always been a thug and he is still around.

Lots of other troubled players they have had in the past as well. They don't walk on water...

For years Rodney Harrison was acknowledged as the dirtiest player in the league, and that does not include getting suspended for steroid use.

Brandon Browner was suspended multiple times before the Pats signed him.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2016, 02:04 PM)fredtoast Wrote: For years Rodney Harrison was acknowledged as the dirtiest player in the league, and that does not include getting suspended for steroid use.

Brandon Browner was suspended multiple times before the Pats signed him.

Yeah two more...

Think i remember something about Merriweather too but i could be wrong.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2016, 03:48 PM)CanadianBengal Wrote: Jones may have gotten the same contract from another team last year but he would not be getting 7-8 mil per after this year.

Yes he would.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2016, 07:17 PM)BoomerFan Wrote: I hope we don't but at least I could give the Patriots fan who is always making fun of us for having Pacman a hard time. He claims the Patriots won't keep problem players or release them if they ever get into trouble. What a joke. 

If the Patriots did sign him, I'd be willing to bet that the media finally stops calling him Pacman and starts calling him Adam, which is something they will never do as long as he's a Bengal.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2016, 02:38 PM)Earendil Wrote: If the Patriots did sign him, I'd be willing to bet that the media finally stops calling him Pacman and starts calling him Adam, which is something they will never do as long as he's a Bengal.

For sure and said he turned his life around there. Not Cincy.
Reply/Quote