Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hal McCoy says Reds will finish last in 2016 also
It's going to be a long season. I think the best we can hope for is for the youngsters to be just be competitive and improve as the season goes along. If they lose less than 100 games, I'd be inclined to say that the season was a success. The pitching staff is just way to young and inexperienced. Homer Bailey is not an ace but he will be the Reds #1 this year.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2016, 02:30 PM)grampahol Wrote: On the other hand Fred..sometimes players surprise us, get drafted really low and go on to become MVP.. I'm gonna stay positive.. Reds win it all this time as the ultimate Cinderella underdogs..
Or maybe not..

I agree.  the numbers say that we should have at least one or two very good MLB players among the dozen or so prospects we have accumulated over the last year.  We also have some that will fade and never even make it top the majors.  And we probably have quite a few that will be major league players ranging from below average to above average.  

All it takes is a couple of extra players to turn into stars and a couple of extra to be average major league players for us to compete for a championship, but it could also turn out that we never have a winning team from these guys.
Reply/Quote