Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Halftime Defensive Adjustments
(01-06-2022, 09:04 AM)fredtoast Wrote: During Marvin Lewis's tenure he was in the top half of the league in winning percentage in games where he trailed and had to come back to win.

Taylor is 25th.

Fans see what they want to see.  Bengals made lots of in game adjustments and came from behind many times to win under Marvin, but once fans turned on him they refused to acknowledge anything positive and only saw the negative.

I suspect Taylor's numbers will improve as time goes on because the team is better. We'll see soon enough. About the only game I can recall that Marvin came back against a good team was the Seattle game in 15...I know there were others, but doesn't seem like that many. Also, that was a 1pm game, so.....

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
To me, the change in philosophy between Marvin and Zak is startling. Just look at the players Marvin drafted (particularly the ones who played well but were head cases who cost us IMPORTANT games). Marvin gave lip service to "character" and then went out and signed buys like PacMan and Dez. He would "poo-poo" Chad's antics (to the point someone as laid back as Carson Palmer exploded on him).

You look at how disciplined Zak's team is and compare it to Marvin's...the contrast is stark.

Probably going heavy on hyperbole, but Zak is running a talented, disciplined, dedicated team. Marvin, by contrast, ran a talented, but dysfunctional team.

I couldn't always see Zak's vision (who in their right mind let's A.J. Green walk?). But, given this team's look right now, it's hard to argue with what he's built. To add even more excitement, I don't believe this team has scratched the surface of what it can be, yet.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2022, 01:04 PM)Graphicguy Wrote:  Marvin gave lip service to "character" and then went out and signed buys like PacMan and Dez.

Marvin did not have much control over that.

The Bengals released Chris Henry in the Spring of '08.  During the pre-season Marvin said he had no interest in re-signing him.  Less than a month later Mike Brown brought Henry back.
Reply/Quote