Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hallowen Returns
Any Halloween series fans out here?

what you thinking about the new one?

I am a HUGE Halloween fan, I cannot wait...I'm waiting for more detail..but excited to see a new version of it...RZ movie were awful in comparison to what the Halloween series represented.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2015, 02:34 PM)rungiorun25 Wrote: Any Halloween series fans out here?

I am a HUGE Halloween fan, I cannot wait...I'm waiting for more detail..but excited to see a new version of it...RZ movie were awful in comparison to what the Halloween series represented.

what did it represent?
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2015, 02:49 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: what did it represent?

just the tone overall was so much darker...Michael was a violent, sick, psychopath ... but in RZ's version, he was just gory and over the top in all of his killings. Plus all the noises he made in killing ... lol seemed more like pent up sexual frustration more than anything.

There was hardly blood shown in any of the original story line...Michael was a lot more aggressive and gross in RZ's version.

In some ways, I got attached to the Halloween series...because it wasn't over the top gory.
Reply/Quote
So there is a THIRD re-make coming out?

Jeez. This is getting ridiculous. I mean the original movie was not bad, but it did not deserve 15 sequels and 10 remakes.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2015, 04:09 PM)fredtoast Wrote: So there is a THIRD re-make coming out?

Jeez.  This is getting ridiculous.  I mean the original movie was not bad, but it did not deserve 15 sequels and 10 remakes.

It wont be a remake I guess.. just new director.  Rumors are saying it could take place after 2nd one...so I guess based on your own beliefs of the story line can drop from anywhere to mid 80s (before 4th or 5th one were made) or mid 90s (before H20 came out)
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2015, 04:00 PM)rungiorun25 Wrote: just the tone overall was so much darker...Michael was a violent, sick, psychopath ... but in RZ's version, he was just gory and over the top in all of his killings. Plus all the noises he made in killing ... lol seemed more like pent up sexual frustration more than anything.

There was hardly blood shown in any of the original story line...Michael was a lot more aggressive and gross in RZ's version.

In some ways, I got attached to the Halloween series...because it wasn't over the top gory.

i thought RZ did a decent job of giving you the sense dude was Human... a little glimpse of the human side not just running behind the mask... Which im no expert on MM so im not sure how the original story went other than hunting down that girls family.

Im hoping that make some more Friday the 13ths.... or maybe reboot hellraiser.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2015, 04:21 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: i thought RZ did a decent job of giving you the sense dude was Human... a little glimpse of the human side not just running behind the mask...  Which im no expert on MM so im not sure how the original story went other than hunting down that girls family.

Im hoping that make some more Friday the 13ths....  or maybe reboot hellraiser.

I actually believe they are doing both haha... I think I saw something about Friday the 13th supposed to come out later this year, but clearly that will probably be delayed to next fall.

I saw something on Hellraiser as well.

I give you that, I like that RZ dove into his childhood little more..I think its really the gore that I couldn't get over. I get that's probably what younger generation wants to see in horror movies, but I don't know I was raised in the 90s...little more conservative story telling then.  I don't need the flash to be interested in a horror movie, just a good ol scare will do!!  ... but yet I'm sure people raised in 70s or 80s would say the same thing about the 90s being about flash too!!

UPDATE: just saw Ft13th is schedule for a May 2016 release.. odd being in spring, but oh well.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2015, 04:58 PM)rungiorun25 Wrote: I actually believe they are doing both haha... I think I saw something about Friday the 13th supposed to come out later this year, but clearly that will probably be delayed to next fall.

I saw something on Hellraiser as well.

I give you that, I like that RZ dove into his childhood little more..I think its really the gore that I couldn't get over. I get that's probably what younger generation wants to see in horror movies, but I don't know I was raised in the 90s...little more conservative story telling then.  I don't need the flash to be interested in a horror movie, just a good ol scare will do!!  ... but yet I'm sure people raised in 70s or 80s would say the same thing about the 90s being about flash too!!

UPDATE: just saw Ft13th is schedule for a May 2016 release.. odd being in spring, but oh well.

well..... Im guessing may 13th then... which is the first friday the 13th after the one coming in november,.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2015, 05:26 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: well..... Im guessing may 13th then... which is the first friday the 13th after the one coming in november,.

makes little more sense then Tongue
Reply/Quote
Loved the first movie. Was a classic. A couple of the sequels were pretty good.

Hated the RZ movies. I was surprised because I thought he did ok with Devil's Rejects and the witch movie (which is very Kubrick). And his two Halloween movies weren't bad as stand alone films, but the problem is he completely changed what made Michael special to begin with — the fact he wasn't special. He was just a normal pre-teen who stabbed his family and then years later comes back to finish it.

Zombie made him a stereotypical sociopath, complete with an abused background, sexually pernicious mom, bullying, etc. And he grew into some giant freak. It took away that aspect of Michael could be anyone or any kid.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Not really a remake, just a continuation. I don't really understand the hey we magically arrested him and are going to execute him plot. Reminds me of the reach that was Jason X.
[Image: Storer50_1.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2015, 10:53 PM)Benton Wrote: Loved the first movie. Was a classic. A couple of the sequels were pretty good.

Hated the RZ movies.  I was surprised because I thought he did ok with Devil's Rejects and the witch movie (which is very Kubrick). And his two Halloween movies weren't bad as stand alone films, but the problem is he completely changed what made Michael special to begin with — the fact he wasn't special. He was just a normal pre-teen who stabbed his family and then years later comes back to finish it.

Zombie made him a stereotypical sociopath, complete with an abused background, sexually pernicious mom, bullying, etc. And he grew into some giant freak. It took away that aspect of Michael could be anyone or any kid.

I have always been a fan of the Halloween series, and the character of Michael Myers. Part of what made Michael so creepy is that there wasn't a lot of backstory, we never really knew his true motivation (other than maybe just being purely evil), and he was portrayed as a cold, emotionless killing machine.

While I like Rob Zombie, I hate what he did with his versions. Like Benton touched on, he made Michael into just another psycho with a messed up childhood. Both of the RZ takes were overdone and over the top, IMO. As far as continuing the series, I sort of wish they would just leave it alone.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2015, 10:53 PM)Benton Wrote: Loved the first movie. Was a classic. A couple of the sequels were pretty good.

Hated the RZ movies.  I was surprised because I thought he did ok with Devil's Rejects and the witch movie (which is very Kubrick). And his two Halloween movies weren't bad as stand alone films, but the problem is he completely changed what made Michael special to begin with — the fact he wasn't special. He was just a normal pre-teen who stabbed his family and then years later comes back to finish it.

100% agree
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2015, 02:34 PM)rungiorun25 Wrote: Any Halloween series fans out here?

Love the Halloween series. And didn't know there was another coming out. Looking forward to the release .
Reply/Quote