Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hand Splint?
Anyone know why Burrows hand is in a splint. Is it something new other than the injured finger. Pics are on Twitter of him arriving in Balt.
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2023, 01:52 AM)TKUHL Wrote: Anyone know why Burrows hand is in a splint. Is it something new other than the injured finger. Pics are on Twitter of him arriving in Balt.

Can’t find it. Please post
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
https://twitter.com/CalebNoeTV/status/1724988859170111555/mediaViewer?currentTweet=1724988859170111555&currentTweetUser=CalebNoeTV

Here it is. I wouldn’t be too concerned. Everyone is dinged up at this point to some degree.
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2023, 02:00 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: Can’t find it. Please post

There is a good shot of it in the injury thread

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(11-16-2023, 02:00 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: Can’t find it. Please post

There is a good shot of it in the injury thread

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
I'm sure it's from one of the 1000 hits he's taken this year.

We are lucky as shit this dude hasn't missed any amount of time the past couple years.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2023, 10:49 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I'm sure it's from one of the 1000 hits he's taken this year.

We are lucky as shit this dude hasn't missed any amount of time the past couple years.

Correct. They’re gonna Andrew Luck this guy if Pollack sticks around. I swear watching other games across the league the pocket and amount of time just looks completely different.

I have no data to back this up, maybe I just watch the Bengals with 100% more scrutiny.
Reply/Quote
I wouldn't think its a big deal but the fact that the Bengals deleted the photo exposing the hand brace has me a bit concerned. Obviously they didnt' want it out there...
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2023, 11:03 AM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Correct. They’re gonna Andrew Luck this guy if Pollack sticks around. I swear watching other games across the league the pocket and amount of time just looks completely different.

I have no data to back this up, maybe I just watch the Bengals with 100% more scrutiny.

Well, Josh Allen's pocket looked very clean on Monday night. He took a lot of time to look around for a receiver to get open. Meanwhile, the Broncos QB, Wilson, was under constant pressure.

Brady used to have a lot of time. 

It's not very often that I see Burrow able to sit in a pocket without any pressure. 

Of course, we may have a bias, since Burrow is inevitably under a lot more pressure than any QB we face. I wish the Bengals could get a TJ Watt or Bosa.
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2023, 11:44 AM)Nepa Wrote: Well, Josh Allen's pocket looked very clean on Monday night. He took a lot of time to look around for a receiver to get open. Meanwhile, the Broncos QB, Wilson, was under constant pressure.

Brady used to have a lot of time. 

It's not very often that I see Burrow able to sit in a pocket without any pressure. 

Of course, we may have a bias, since Burrow is inevitably under a lot more pressure than any QB we face. I wish the Bengals could get a TJ Watt or Bosa.

I always wonder if Burrow just seems to have less time because I watch him far more than any QB or if it’s really true. I know the QBs with really good O lines give their QB a lot more time that’s for sure.

Everybody would like a Watt/Bosa/Garrett. Just remember that there are quite a few teams out there that would love to have a Trey Hendrickson.
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2023, 11:03 AM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Correct. They’re gonna Andrew Luck this guy if Pollack sticks around. I swear watching other games across the league the pocket and amount of time just looks completely different.

I think it also has to do with how he's more comfortable with guys in his face and gives his targets max time to run their routes. As much as it seems like the pocket's in perpetual collapse, it also seems he knows how to get it off in the nick of time. I have no data to back this up either... other than that his career comp% is historic and he doesn't throw many picks. It stands to reason that he's not only great, but that he also uses every last second to his advantage.
Reply/Quote
A QB is more comfortable with defenders in his face? Can't agree with that at all. What makes you say that? Getting rid of it in the nick of time means he is taking all those nasty hits as well. Not good.
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2023, 12:01 PM)RegularGuy22 Wrote: A QB is more comfortable with defenders in his face? Can't agree with that at all. What makes you say that? Getting rid of it in the nick of time means he is taking all those nasty hits as well. Not good.

Sorry- more comfortable than his peers. They get trigger-happy, whereas he has no trouble keeping his poise under pressure and giving his window time to creep open. 

As for taking the hits, I'm not saying that's good or bad. I'm probably of Aaron Rodgers' mind on that one: "Slide." But it doesn't mean Joe Burrow is. He's more of the Tom Brady school. 

"I think you were playing the Bills and running to the right and somebody knocked your head off. Helmet goes flying." (Nate Clements.) "You got up so fast. And I was like, I want to be like that. I'm going to do that. I forget how old I was, I was probably in middle school at that point. But I just remember that vividly and trying to model myself after that."

It's just how he's wired. It's what makes him great- but also scares the crap out of us at home.  
Reply/Quote
Contrary to popular belief around here, Burrow taking a beating can't continue without consequence forever....

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2023, 12:47 PM)tms Wrote: Sorry- more comfortable than his peers. They get trigger-happy, whereas he has no trouble keeping his poise under pressure and giving his window time to creep open. 

As for taking the hits, I'm not saying that's good or bad. I'm probably of Aaron Rodgers' mind on that one: "Slide." But it doesn't mean Joe Burrow is. He's more of the Tom Brady school. 

"I think you were playing the Bills and running to the right and somebody knocked your head off. Helmet goes flying." (Nate Clements.) "You got up so fast. And I was like, I want to be like that. I'm going to do that. I forget how old I was, I was probably in middle school at that point. But I just remember that vividly and trying to model myself after that."

It's just how he's wired. It's what makes him great- but also scares the crap out of us at home.  

This is where I see the Brady comparison. Brady was fearless when getting hit, the same way Burrow is now and it is very rare.

To the OP, I hope it isn't a big deal. We need Burrow to play his best tonight and hopefully under Center quite a bit.
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2023, 12:47 PM)tms Wrote: Sorry- more comfortable than his peers. They get trigger-happy, whereas he has no trouble keeping his poise under pressure and giving his window time to creep open. 

Out of curiosity, is that quote from Burrow or someone else? That hit referenced was in 2001 (absolutely nuts to say that, because I remember it as well) and Burrow would have been five years old. 
Reply/Quote
Cmon God

Let us slide one time with these injuries
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2023, 11:52 AM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: I always wonder if Burrow just seems to have less time because I watch him far more than any QB or if it’s really true. I know the QBs with really good O lines give their QB a lot more time that’s for sure.

Everybody would like a Watt/Bosa/Garrett. Just remember that there are quite a few teams out there that would love to have a Trey Hendrickson.

Part of the reason he seems to have less time is because he only takes a 3 step drop out of the shotgun. I'm sure it's due to the design of the offense, but it doesn't help.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2023, 01:52 AM)TKUHL Wrote: Anyone know why Burrows hand is in a splint. Is it something new other than the injured finger. Pics are on Twitter of him arriving in Balt.

might be just to prevent twisting it a wrong way like a bowling glove.
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2023, 01:52 AM)TKUHL Wrote: Anyone know why Burrows hand is in a splint.

He failed NNN

Ninja Ninja Ninja Ninja

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote