Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hank Fraley OL coach interview
(01-08-2021, 06:23 PM)fredtoast Wrote: OL coach has no say on what type of blocking scheme we use.

What do they do? 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2021, 05:18 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Jay Morrison's list of leading Bengals OL coach candidates:

Hank Fraley (as mentioned in the OP)
Frank Pollack (former Jets, Bengals and Cowboys OL coach)
Chip Morgan (former Falcons OL coach, Tom Cable disciple)
Phil Rauscher (Vikings Asst OL coach, 35 years old)
Greg Austin (Nebraska OL coach, former teammate of Zac's)
George Warhop (former Jags, veteran OL coach, UC grad)
Mike Sherman (former GB head coach, Zac's father-in-law)

By naming them as "leading candidates", is Morrison saying that these are the guys who have agreed to interview?  Or, are they the Bengals wish list of candidates that they would like to interview?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2021, 05:57 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: By naming them as "leading candidates", is Morrison saying that these are the guys who have agreed to interview?  Or, are they the Bengals wish list of candidates that they would like to interview?

I think that's a wish list

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(01-07-2021, 07:59 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: This one seems like the most Zac Taylor type hire.

I doubt it Wink 
I think he's learned his lesson
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2021, 02:56 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: IIRC, didn't we find out near the end that Paul Alexander had been coordinating our run game?

Yes. It became big news because Lazor basically forced a change near the end of 2017.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2021, 10:04 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: is it better for your players to like you...

Or Respect you.

Well most coaches can have respect and players liking them. 

Turner had neither.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2021, 06:23 PM)fredtoast Wrote: OL coach has no say on what type of blocking scheme we use.

And we are not going to use a fullback with Burrow drawing up the playbook.

^ Ahahahahahah!

Dude, you open your mouth sooooo much and have absolutely NO IDEA what you're talking about. If you listen to the interviews and podcasts with the coaches you would know that is EXACTLY what the O-line coaches do. There is so much free Bengals media put out there by many great sources and you clearly just bury your head in the sand to not hear it. Yet, you feel qualified enough to argue with people over these things?

My God, YES, the OL coach absolutely develops and implements blocking schemes for the linemen & TE for both pass AND run plays. Absolutely, 100%. They determine if they run a wide zone, pin & pull, etc etc scheme. THEY ARE THE ONES WHO ALSO TEACH THAT SCHEME AND TECHNIQUE. My god. You're on a message-board typing your opinion and it is mindless drivel.

Why is this guy not permanently suspended from the board? How many suspensions does it take? Does he donate money? If I take over his donation $ figure can he just be booted? These statements of facts like "OL coach has no say in what type of blocking scheme we use" is absolute clown shoe stuff. We should be embarrassed by having fans like this on the board.
Reply/Quote
Who needs Fraley, we have Pollack...LOL
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2021, 12:43 AM)PDub80 Wrote: ^ Ahahahahahah!

Dude, you open your mouth sooooo much and have absolutely NO IDEA what you're talking about. If you listen to the interviews and podcasts with the coaches you would know that is EXACTLY what the O-line coaches do. There is so much free Bengals media put out there by many great sources and you clearly just bury your head in the sand to not hear it. Yet, you feel qualified enough to argue with people over these things?

My God, YES, the OL coach absolutely develops and implements blocking schemes for the linemen & TE for both pass AND run plays. Absolutely, 100%. They determine if they run a wide zone, pin & pull, etc etc scheme. THEY ARE THE ONES WHO ALSO TEACH THAT SCHEME AND TECHNIQUE. My god. You're on a message-board typing your opinion and it is mindless drivel.

Why is this guy not permanently suspended from the board? How many suspensions does it take? Does he donate money? If I take over his donation $ figure can he just be booted? These statements of facts like "OL coach has no say in what type of blocking scheme we use" is absolute clown shoe stuff. We should be embarrassed by having fans like this on the board.

[Image: QONVIyz.gif]

Reply/Quote
Yeah lol

Been hearing this crap from Fred for years man, completely insane. Hilarious
Reply/Quote