Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Happy Independence Day!
Because, Freedom!

Attached Files Image(s)

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
“... unless it’s a pandemic” -Donald Trump.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Mellow

[Image: giphy.gif]

Smirk

Have a safe holiday weekend everyone.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Warning: Reading signatures may hurt your feelings.
Happy 4th everyone!

Remember if you're protesting on the 4th against the 4th because some of the founding fathers had slaves, and you want to tear down their statues and monuments, please wear a mask. A mask that will help all Americans stay safer in a country whose Founding Fathers laid the groundwork for you to be able to protest against them.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Oh my, he's going to shoot the eagle with that enormous gun, isn't he.
(07-03-2020, 01:10 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Happy 4th everyone!

Remember if you're protesting on the 4th against the 4th because some of the founding fathers had slaves, and you want to tear down their statues and monuments, please wear a mask. A mask that will help all Americans stay safer in a country whose Founding Fathers laid the groundwork for you to be able to protest against them.

What if you are protesting against being forced to wear a mask?
It is great to be able to celebrate our freedom from colonial rule, but we should all remember that even though we "declared" our independence on July 4th 1776, we weren't really independent until we finished a brutal war over FIVE YEARS later..
Happy Freedom Day.
(07-03-2020, 12:39 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Because, Freedom!

[Image: sexy_uncle_sam_hottie.JPG]
(07-03-2020, 12:39 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Because, Freedom!

LOL pretty sure that's tomorrow, Sunset.  But HAPPY FOURTH to you and your family.  Cheers

[Image: declaration-closeup-jefferson-edits%2018...mbypass=on]
(07-03-2020, 03:26 PM)Dill Wrote: LOL pretty sure that's tomorrow, Sunset.  But HAPPY FOURTH to you and your family.  Cheers

[Image: declaration-closeup-jefferson-edits%2018...mbypass=on]

It's the holiday weekend, and my employer paid me to be off today, in commemoration of Independence Day.  So, I just figured I would get us all started.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(07-03-2020, 08:52 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: It's the holiday weekend, and my employer paid me to be off today, in commemoration of Independence Day.  So, I just figured I would get us all started.

Same here man. Today counts! I'm already 7 beers deep into celebrating freedom! Loll
I used to be jmccracky. Or Cracky for short.
Quote:So there seems to be a lot of negativity going around about celebrating independence day.

I dont give a **** what your political perspectives are. This is not a “white” holiday or “oppressive”. These types of perceptions are just the byproducts of individuals who carry negative predispositions for other people based on ignorance.

To claim that July fourth isn’t for every American is a small-minded statement. Think bigger picture here. Is our history wrought with atrocities? Yes, as is every known nation’s.

But had our country not declared its independence and built the constitution with the people in mind and the ability to amend, and therefore evolve along with society, would everyone have the rights they do today? No.

I would implore everyone to take the time to differentiate patriotism from nationalism today. Our government is not synonymous with our country, it is merely an entity created for the purpose of serving the people.

Of, by, and for the people- means that as citizens we are the country. So perhaps you may consider patriotism as having love for one another.

I will never blindly follow political leaders or government agencies. But I would absolutely give the shirt off my back to any American. The government doesn’t care about people, but that shouldn’t mean we stop caring for each other.

I love every one of you. Go out and be a contributing member of your community. Inspire someone. Be a role model. Be proud not of our historical travesties, but for the potential we hold as a people for our furture. And yes, Black Lives Matter.

-Written by an American Soldier 07/04/2020

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
I AM THE FLAG

I am the flag of the United States of America.

My name is Old Glory.
I fly atop the world's tallest buildings.
I stand watch in America's halls of justice.
I fly majestically over institutions of learning.
I stand guard with power in the world.
Look up and see me.

I stand for peace, honor, truth and justice.
I stand for freedom. I am confident.
I am arrogant. I am proud.
When I am flown with my fellow banners,
My head is a little higher,
My colors a little truer.
I bow to no one!
I am recognized all over the world.
I am worshipped - I am saluted.
I am loved - I am revered.
I am respected - I am feared.

I have fought in every battle of every war for more than 200 years.
I was flown at Valley Forge, Gettysburg, Shiloh and Appamatox.
I was there at San Juan Hill, the trenches of France, in the Argonne Forest, Anzio, Rome and the beaches of Normandy.
Guam, Okinawa, Korea and KheSan, Saigon, Vietnam know me.
I was there. I led my troops.
I was dirty, battleworn and tired,
but my soldiers cheered me and I was proud.

I have been burned, torn and trampled on the streets of countries
I have helped set free. It does not hurt for I am invincible.
I have been soiled upon, burned, torn and trampled in the streets of my country.
And when it's done by those whom I've served in battle - it hurts.
But I shall overcome - for I am strong.
I have slipped the bonds of earth and
stood watch over the uncharted frontiers of space from my vantage point on the moon.
I have born silent witness to all of America's finest hours.
But my finest hours are yet to come.
When I am torn into strips and used as bandages for my wounded comrades on the battle field,
when I am flown at halfmast to honor my soldier,
or when I lie in the trembling arms of a grieving parent at the grave of their fallen son or daughter,

I am proud.
I am the flag of the United States of America
I'm celebrating by cooking, combining my heritage
Grilling some steaks US style and making a traditional british apple blackberry pie and boiled potatoes.

It's heritage, not hate.
No quarter to the red coats! Happy 4th.
I had smoked baby back ribs, fried green tomatoes, corn on cob, and baked beans. All of which was washed down with pure American Coca-Cola from a can.

I chose to eat foods to celebrate the only heritage that matters to me, the Red White and Blue Murican heritage!
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

(07-04-2020, 06:01 PM)treee Wrote: No quarter to the red coats! Happy 4th.

All will be put to the sword....
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Happy Fourth y'all...

Be safe this evening.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
I'm more for celebrating the Constitution, but articles like this one stir some patriotism in me on this holiday: https://www.cato.org/blog/king-george-iii-or-donald-trump-reading-declaration-independence-2019
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR