Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Happy Kwanzaa
All I see here is white privilege.
(12-29-2015, 10:53 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: All I see here is white privilege.

You apparently have a privileged perception of white privilege in that case. Wait...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(12-30-2015, 03:27 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: You apparently have a privileged perception of white privilege in that case. Wait...

It takes one to know one....... wait....
Nervous
(12-30-2015, 10:52 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: It takes one to know one....... wait....
Nervous

wait...  acknowledging ones own privilege is key to understanding the plight of others as opposed to mischaracterization? 

good thing that's a supposed christian value all these hypocrites follow so closely.  
(12-31-2015, 12:46 AM)Vas Deferens Wrote: wait...  acknowledging ones own privilege is key to understanding the plight of others as opposed to mischaracterization? 

good thing that's a supposed christian value all these hypocrites follow so closely.  

Anyone who seriously acknowledges white privilege is just desperate for attention. Just another made up thing to make people feel bad about being themselves. I always thought we were supposed to care about the content of someone's character rather than their skin tone.
(12-31-2015, 01:32 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Anyone who seriously acknowledges white privilege is just desperate for attention.   Just another made up thing to make people feel bad about being themselves.   I always thought we were supposed to care about the content of someone's character rather than their skin tone.

This is one idea I honestly wouldn't expect you to understand.  A lot of things I know you're just puffing your chest and peacocking around ideologically.  I have no doubt you sincerely feel this way.  It's a shame, but it's the truth. 
(12-31-2015, 06:08 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: This is one idea I honestly wouldn't expect you to understand.  A lot of things I know you're just puffing your chest and peacock one around ideologically.  I have no doubt you sincerely feel this way.  It's a shame, but it's the truth. 

No doubt that I think white privilege is a ridiculous joke?

Yes. There is not a shred of me that takes white privilege serious in any manner.

People live their lives the way they do.... You make your own opportunity sometimes it's easier, sometimes it's harder. Has zero to do with skin color . Has everything to do with self motivation and drive.

Success is measured differently by almost everyone.
(12-31-2015, 06:22 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: No doubt that I think white privilege is a ridiculous joke?  

Yes.  There is not a shred of me that takes white privilege serious in any manner.    

People live their lives the way they do....  You make your own opportunity sometimes it's easier, sometimes it's harder.    Has zero to do with skin color .  Has everything to do with self motivation and drive.  

Success is measured differently by almost everyone.

Exhibit A.

Again, I'm not at all surprised that you don't have a grasp on what the term actually is.  It's a concept that is above your pay grade intellectually.

Carry on.
(12-31-2015, 10:52 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: Exhibit A.

Again, I'm not at all surprised that you don't have a grasp on what the term actually is.  It's a concept that is above your pay grade intellectually.

Carry on.

You do realize that by making up white priv you are basically just enabling people to just throw up their hands and quit. White priv is like the boogeyman hiding in the closet.
No, acknowledging that a majority group has a different experience allows that majority group to empathize more with a minority group and try to help change the system that is stacked against the minority group.

Do I reject those who try to throw around "privilege" and make the majority group feel like they should be ashamed and cannot be involved in discussions to change things? Sure, but that doesn't mean I pretend like race doesn't hinder many in this country.

We live in a country where a black man with a college degree is as likely to get called back for a job as a white man who went to jail.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(01-01-2016, 07:50 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: No, acknowledging that a majority group has a different experience allows that majority group to empathize more with a minority group and try to help change the system that is stacked against the minority group.

Do I reject those who try to throw around "privilege" and make the majority group feel like they should be ashamed and cannot be involved in discussions to change things? Sure, but that doesn't mean I pretend like race doesn't hinder many in this country.

We live in a country where a black man with a college degree is as likely to get called back for a job as a white man who went to jail.

so you think the only way that white people understand that black people have a different expierence is by telling them they have white priv?

I could see if this had anything to do with economics. The more money your family has the better access to things you will have .... Poor white people have the same expierence as poor blacks. And rich Blacks have the same exp as rich whites.

This just seems like a sham to make us feel bad about being something that we had zero control over. However these days you can be trans race so does that mean they can be trans white and benefit from white priv? Or if white people surge to become trans black then will it be black priv then?
(12-31-2015, 10:52 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: Exhibit A.

Carry on.

If you believe in white privilege then you must also believe in black privilege.

Unless you're one of those who believe that blacks cant be racists.
(01-02-2016, 12:38 AM)Vlad Wrote: If you believe in white privilege then you must also believe in black privilege.

Unless you're one of those who believe that blacks cant be racists.

Shocked

Pretty sure you don't understand what "privilege" means.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(01-02-2016, 12:51 AM)GMDino Wrote: Shocked

Pretty sure you don't understand what "privilege" means.

Must not be white
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(01-01-2016, 08:42 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: so you think the only way that white people understand that black people have a different expierence is by telling them they have white priv?  

No, which is why I said I reject throwing the term around at people like it is a bad thing. What a silly thing for anyone capable of reading to ask me in response to my post.

Quote:I could see if this had anything to do with economics.   The more money your family has the better access to things you will have .... Poor white people have the same expierence as poor blacks.   And rich Blacks have the same exp as rich whites. 

Incorrect. In the example I mentioned (and I'll throw in a link at the end), black males who had access to higher education were at a disadvantage compared to white males with the same access. 

Quote:This just seems like a sham to make us feel bad about being something that we had zero control over.

No one should feel ashamed by it, hence my comment on disagreeing with it being used to shame people.

Quote: However these days you can be trans race so does that mean they can be trans white and benefit from white priv?   Or if white people surge to become trans black then will it be black priv then?

Trans racial isn't real. You cannot change your race. It's something you're born into. A white women did masquerade as a black woman for years, but she was never black nor could she ever be. However, I am sure that she had very different experiences when people believed she was indeed black. If you can pass for white, I have to imagine you may have the similar experiences as white people.

http://ac360.blogs.cnn.com/2008/08/09/study-black-man-and-white-felon-same-chances-for-hire/
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(01-02-2016, 02:14 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Must not be white

No...just doesn't /won't understand the word.

The board owners should provide a dictionary link on every page for some people.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(01-02-2016, 11:38 AM)GMDino Wrote: No...just doesn't /won't understand the word.

The board owners should provide a dictionary link on every page for some people.

.....and a link to Midol coupons for others

(12-28-2015, 10:09 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Nope, just a simple act of kindness....

I think sadly for the Dems, not everyone is this gullible. 

The on;y people who are gullible are the ones that don't look at the message and just judge the messenger.

If Hillary cured cancer you would claim it was a bad thing just because she did it.  If she had not mentioned Kwanzaa at all you would accuse her of n0ot being in touch with African American culture.

Basically you are the poster boy for the rubes who agree to stop listening to anything anyone actually says and instead just blindly criticize every comment from "the other side".
(12-31-2015, 06:08 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: This is one idea I honestly wouldn't expect you to understand.  A lot of things I know you're just puffing your chest and peacocking around ideologically.  I have no doubt you sincerely feel this way.  It's a shame, but it's the truth. 

You can't take him serious when he goes this far.

There are just too many studies that have been done that prove that whites have it better than blacks even when economics is factored out of the equation.  

I am not saying that black people are morally superior to white people.  If black people controlled an overwhelming majority of the wealth and power in this country then they would psobably act the same way that white people here today.  But no one who has looked into the suject can deny that there is a privilege that comes with being white in America.
(01-02-2016, 02:22 PM)fredtoast Wrote: The on;y people who are gullible are the ones that don't look at the message and just judge the messenger.

If Hillary cured cancer you would claim it was a bad thing just because she did it.  If she had not mentioned Kwanzaa at all you would accuse her of n0ot being in touch with African American culture.

Basically you are the poster boy for the rubes who agree to stop listening to anything anyone actually says and instead just blindly criticize every comment from "the other side".

So put you down for  suggesting that her message and changing of her logo were just a simple act of kindness and not pandering?

Please say yes.

...and I will say again: I am not "upset" or think it's a "bad thing". I just think it's funny what your Spanish Grandmother will do for votes. Almost as funny as those that think she compares herself to a Spanish Grandma and changes her logo to the Kwanzaa sign; as I simple act of kindness; or even ass you suggested to show she is "in touch".