Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Happy Kwanzaa
In a related story: I didn't know until today that Fiorina was a Hawkeye fan:

Quote:‏@CarlyFiorina
Love my alma mater, but rooting for a Hawkeyes win today. #RoseBowl

http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2016/1/1/10699128/carly-fiorina-iowa-stanford-rose-bowl-primary/in/9635051

ppsssttt..... down here: She's not really a Hawkeye fan. She was pandering to the voters of Iowa.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(01-02-2016, 02:30 PM)fredtoast Wrote: You can't take him serious when he goes this far.

There are just too many studies that have been done that prove that whites have it better than blacks even when economics is factored out of the equation.  

I am not saying that black people are morally superior to white people.  If black people controlled an overwhelming majority of the wealth and power in this country then they would psobably act the same way that white people here today.  But no one who has looked into the suject can deny that there is a privilege that comes with being white in America.

By calling it white priv they are just pandering to the victim mentality of non white's. That's the problem with how we have treated blacks for decades. We have fostered this Victim mentality to the point where they just expect to fail. We allowed them to integrate society instead of assimilate. In England they assimilated. Big difference between being black there and here. My issue is the ridiculous label and we are basically making them the victim again....

And to pats point earlier.... I know you aren't for shaming and I doubt the initial intention was for shaming. But it ends up going that way.
(01-02-2016, 10:02 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: By calling it white priv they are just pandering to the victim mentality of non white's.    That's the problem with how we have treated blacks for decades.   We have fostered this Victim mentality to the point where they just expect to fail.   We allowed them to integrate society instead of assimilate.   In England they assimilated.  Big difference between being black there and here.   My issue is the ridiculous label and we are basically making them the victim again....  

And to pats point earlier....    I know you aren't for shaming and I doubt the initial intention was for shaming.    But it ends up going that way.

If you think THAT is the problem with the way blacks have been treated you have mental issues.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(01-02-2016, 11:12 PM)GMDino Wrote: If you think THAT is the problem with the way blacks have been treated you have mental issues.

When you tell someone over and over how victimized they are, they eventually start to believe it and act accordingly. And of course who is coming to help them ..... The government with all their arbitrary rules and regs.

We intergrate blacks as a way to help them instead of assimilating them... this created ghettos and pockets of blacks in particular areas .
(01-02-2016, 11:22 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: When you tell someone over and over how victimized they are, they eventually start to believe it and act accordingly.    And of course who is coming to help them ..... The government with all their arbitrary rules and regs.  

We intergrate blacks as a way to help them instead of assimilating them...  this created ghettos and pockets of blacks in particular areas .

Yep.  Telling them they are victims is the worst thing we ever did.  We should have been assimilating them while they were being lynched and drinking at their own fountains. 

We just weren't talking encouraging them to be more like us enough.   Mellow
(01-02-2016, 11:24 PM)GMDino Wrote: Yep.  Telling them they are victims is the worst thing we ever did.  We should have been assimilating them while they were being lynched and drinking at their own fountains. 

Yes ignore what we have done after the CRA. Obviously I am speaking from that time forward.
(01-02-2016, 11:27 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Yes ignore what we have done after the CRA.   Obviously I am speaking from that time forward.

There are plenty middle-aged white men around to tell minorities about how they are disadvantaged.

It is the only way they have left to make them feel beholding. 

It's kinda like the white guy that tells you how many black friends he has or Hillary changing her logo to the Kwanzaa symbol.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(01-02-2016, 11:24 PM)GMDino Wrote: Yep.  Telling them they are victims is the worst thing we ever did.  We should have been assimilating them while they were being lynched and drinking at their own fountains. 

Yes it is.
How many blacks do you know that had to drink from colored fountains only? How many did you know that were lynched?

I never met one either.

So keep telling them they are victims.
(01-02-2016, 12:51 AM)GMDino Wrote: Shocked

Pretty sure you don't understand what "privilege" means.

I know exactly what white privilege is. It's a myth.
(01-02-2016, 11:27 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Yes ignore what we have done after the CRA.   Obviously I am speaking from that time forward.

Certainly.  After the CRA they were all considered equals and there were no problems with racism at all.

Well, as long as you ignore all the things done to minorities even after the CRA.

(01-02-2016, 11:32 PM)bfine32 Wrote: There are plenty middle-aged white men around to tell minorities about how they are disadvantaged.

It is the only way they have left to make them feel beholding. 

It's kinda like the white guy that tells you how many black friends he has or Hillary changing her logo to the Kwanzaa symbol.

Solid post.  Thanks for your contribution.

(01-02-2016, 11:39 PM)Vlad Wrote: Yes it is.
How many blacks do you know that had to drink from colored fountains only? How many did you know that were lynched?

I never met one either.

Only ever met a couple who went through life in the south in the 60's.  they understood that the white folks who did it we simply stupid and aholes.

I never met a person who was lynched...so that means that didn't happen?

You're a special kind of stupid if that is your argument.

(01-02-2016, 11:53 PM)Vlad Wrote: I know exactly what white privilege is. It's a myth.

Yeah...whites never had an advantage over any minorities in this country.  Exactly.  Mellow
(01-03-2016, 12:17 AM)GMDino Wrote: Certainly.  After the CRA they were all considered equals and there were no problems with racism at all.

Well, as long as you ignore all the things done to minorities even after the CRA.

Solid post.  Thanks for your contribution.

Only ever met a couple who went through life in the south in the 60's.  they understood that the white folks who did it we simply stupid and aholes.

I never met a person who was lynched...so that means that didn't happen?

You're a special kind of stupid if that is your argument.

Yeah...whites never had an advantage over any minorities in this country.  Exactly.  Mellow

You're missing the point. Who said this shit never happened? And who said whites never had an advantage?
To get you back on track, this has been about TODAYS so called "white privilege myth", not the 1960's.

"White privilege" is a recently coined phrase based on todays social conditions.

I'll try this once again.  You and that white guilt complex of yours continue keep telling blacks, (the younger the better) that have never had to sit at a blacks only lunch counter, that had never had to sit at the back of the bus, that have never been forced to drink at 'colored only' water fountains etc.. that they are victims in todays society.

And cool it with the name calling, it hurts your case.
I'm sure Slick Willy has a special package to be unwrapped in celebration of Kwanza
(01-02-2016, 11:53 PM)Vlad Wrote: I know exactly what white privilege is. It's a myth.

Only if you live in a trailer park
(01-03-2016, 06:55 AM)JustWinBaby Wrote: Only if you live in a trailer park

Thats also a myth.
Only white gulit liberals believe in white privilege.
Black privilege is when white liberals keep spouting that blacks are victims.
[Image: 2r2c57r.png]
(01-03-2016, 01:06 AM)Vlad Wrote: You're missing the point. Who said this shit never happened? And who said whites never had an advantage?
To get you back on track, this has been about TODAYS so called "white privilege myth", not the 1960's.

"White privilege" is a recently coined phrase based on todays social conditions.

I'll try this once again.  You and that white guilt complex of yours continue keep telling blacks, (the younger the better) that have never had to sit at a blacks only lunch counter, that had never had to sit at the back of the bus, that have never been forced to drink at 'colored only' water fountains etc.. that they are victims in todays society.

And cool it with the name calling, it hurts your case.

We are less that two generations away from the CRA.

Let that sink in (if it can) when you spout off that TODAY'S minorities haven't been affected by the past.

Not only do you not understand what "privilege" means apparently you don't even know how long its been talked about.

http://www.newyorker.com/books/page-turner/the-origins-of-privilege

Quote:The idea of “privilege”—that some people benefit from unearned, and largely unacknowledged, advantages, even when those advantages aren’t discriminatory —has a pretty long history. In the nineteen-thirties, W. E. B. Du Bois wrote about the “psychological wage” that enabled poor whites to feel superior to poor blacks; during the civil-rights era, activists talked about “white-skin privilege.” But the concept really came into its own in the late eighties, when Peggy McIntosh, a women’s-studies scholar at Wellesley, started writing about it. In 1988, McIntosh wrote a paper called “White Privilege and Male Privilege: A Personal Account of Coming to See Correspondences Through Work in Women’s Studies,” which contained forty-six examples of white privilege. (No. 21: “I am never asked to speak for all the people of my racial group.” No. 24: “I can be pretty sure that if I ask to talk to the ‘person in charge,’ I will be facing a person of my race.”) Those examples have since been read by countless schoolkids and college students—including, perhaps, Tal Fortgang, the Princeton freshman whose recent article, “Checking My Privilege,” has been widely debated.  

And I didn't call you a name (although I apologize for hurting your feelings) I said if you believe because *I* never met someone who was lynched (and again, how could I?) that it didn't happen,or that racial discrimination doesn't happen today, then you are a special kind of stupid.

Cool
(01-03-2016, 01:58 PM)GMDino Wrote: We are less that two generations away from the CRA.

Let that sink in (if it can) when you spout off that TODAY'S minorities haven't been affected by the past.

Not only do you not understand what "privilege" means apparently you don't even know how long its been talked about.

http://www.newyorker.com/books/page-turner/the-origins-of-privilege

And I didn't call you a name (although I apologize for hurting your feelings) I said if you believe because *I* never met someone who was lynched (and again, how could I?) that it didn't happen,or that racial discrimination doesn't happen today, then you are a special kind of stupid.

Cool

haha, yeah you hurt my feelings.  You going with ad-Hominem only hurts you, makes you look like a special kind of stupid.
And once again, I never said discrimmination never happened. 
Since you've now admitted  to have never met anyone that had suffered this type of discrimination,  how many more generations do you think should pass before we can safely put to rest the ridiculousness of white guilt?
Enlighten us liberal guy.
(01-03-2016, 09:47 PM)Vlad Wrote: haha, yeah you hurt my feelings.  You going with ad-Hominem only hurts you, makes you look like a special kind of stupid.
And once again, I never said discrimmination never happened. 
Since you've now admitted  to have never met anyone that had suffered this type of discrimination,  how many more generations do you think should pass before we can safely put to rest the ridiculousness of white guilt?
Enlighten us liberal guy.

One more time:  How could anyone meet someone who ad been lynched?

I gonna guess you don't get that.

But as to the rest? I don't feel guilty.  Do you?  That doesn't mean discrimination isn't happening at right this very moment.

But please...continue.
(01-02-2016, 11:39 PM)Vlad Wrote: Yes it is.

I never met one either.

I have personally known two couples when were the victim of vandalism by racists.  Both are biracial couples who lived in Knoxville Tennessee, and both cases occured in the last 8 years.

I also know that when Wade Houston was hired as the first black basketball coach in the SEC he was denied membership in an all-white country club in KNoxville that had provided a membership to every white coach Tennessee ever had.

I am also aware of the proven cases of racial profiling committed by police forces all over the country.  

Just because you live with your head buried in pure white sand and chose ignorance over knowledge that does not mean that white privilegeb does not exist.