Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Harbaugh says, "The Bengals are the most talented team in
(09-23-2015, 12:09 AM)Utts Wrote: Part of me thinks he wants our team to believe that, hoping we'll play like we've already won something. Or perhaps it's a passive aggressive swipe at the Stoolers.

According to local media members, Harbaugh simply made the proclamation that "The Bengals are the most talented team in the league."
http://www.cincyjungle.com/2015/9/22/9373359/ravens-head-coach-john-harbaugh-praises-cincinnatis-roster-strength

Harbaugh can eat my Richard.
Formerly w8ing 4 '08
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
It's not a swipe at the Steelers or any other team outside of his own. He's trying to tell his guys to wake up.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2015, 11:21 AM)jj22 Wrote: Old coaching tactic, you'll see Bill B. use to hype the other team. He'd say that if the Pats were about to face the Jags. It serves two purposes. Make sure you team comes out fired up to face the Bengals, hope the Bengals are reading their press clippings and believing they are superior and lowering their guard.  Hopefully neither works.

My thoughts exactly.  Belichick did this exact thing last year before we played the Pats.  They were a reeling team after getting stomped by the Chiefs and, voila, we played like garbage and got embarrassed.  Now the Ravens are reeling after starting 0-2 and Harbaugh is trying the same crap.  My guess is it won't work this time.
Well does he have a name or should I call him... lawyer?
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2015, 12:34 PM)ItsOdellThurman Wrote: I think he means what he says.  However, I wouldn't get fooled into thinking this isn't desperate ploy to motivate his team that can't afford an 0-3 start.

And we would be wise not to underestimate them.  Flacco hung almost 400 yards on the Raiders and Steve Smith had 150 receiving yards.

They are typically tough against the run (which we're really not) and they're tough at home - especially with their backs against the wall.

Remember the Patriot game last year?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

He isn't wrong though.

Reply/Quote
This will be a tough game. It's no easy task to play a division rival on the road whose season is on the line. These comments sound like some sort of motivational ploy.
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2015, 08:22 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: If there's one thing that has been proven to screw up this team, it is over confidence.

How many years in a row have we had a "wake up call" game?

Harbaugh is playing into that weakness perfectly.

actually over the last four years, we have done very well in not having extended losing streaks and losing in situations where we were highly expected to win.... our road record over the last four years is great... im not worried about playing in Baltimore but this is the NFL and week to week is a handful of plays that can change a game and make a less loaded team a winner.  Look at what happen to the Steelers last year in some of their losses to bad teams.... 

Nothing is a given in this league.. so if though I believe the Bengals will win.. with Baltimore at home and since they have the second best home record over the course of six years.. the odds are 60/40 at Best Bengals win
Reply/Quote