Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hard Knocks
The more I think about it maybe it’s not a good idea. With all the changes we are going through, this could be a distraction. Really want these guys focused in T.C.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2018, 09:37 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: That’s a lot different than allowing cameras to follow everything that happens behind the scenes 24/7.

But the point is, the league tells them what to do and they do it.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(03-22-2018, 05:16 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: I would like to see Cleveland Browns

Hue Jackson is having a conniption fit about it, he does NOT want to do it and has publicly said so.....
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2018, 06:57 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: The more I think about it maybe it’s not a good idea. With all the changes we are going through, this could be a distraction. Really want these guys focused in T.C.

Last time they said it really wasn't. The stuff you see filmed in meeting rooms, etc, is all done with little wall cameras, and the guys holding the cameras on the field blend in with all the other cameras. One of the guys (don't remember which one) said you actually kind of forget they're there. I think it's all about how the organization approaches it, if they make a big deal about it, it is likely a distraction. If they say, they're here, now forget about them, then it's not..... (unless you're James Harrison)
Reply/Quote
My guess is it will go to Cleveland with a 1st pick overall QB or possibly San Fran with John Lynch and company.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2018, 08:23 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Hue Jackson is having a conniption fit about it, he does NOT want to do it and has publicly said so.....

Doesn't want the whole world to know what a jackass he is.

Has he jumped in Lake Erie yet?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(03-21-2018, 05:12 PM)Sled21 Wrote: 6 teams eligible this year. (that means can be forced to do it). Browns, Ravens, Chargers, 9ers, Redskins and Broncos. Everyone else falls into the new head coach, been in the playoffs in the last 2 years, or have been on the show in the last 10 years exemptions. 2 of these teams have already said they want no part of it (Browns and 9ers). Actually, the most watchable of the group would be the 9ers with Jimmy G., but the coach doesn't want to do it because he doesn't agree with cutting players on camera etc. So why is this in Jungle Noise? The Bengals, who have the best ratings on that show, can volunteer to do it again. Marvin Lewis on the hot seat, new oline coach and players, new OC and DC.... Mike Brown is not acting like Mike Brown..... that's good stuff right there......lol. Last two times the team did the show, they wound up in the playoffs. C'mon Mike, volunteer to do it again...... I would love to see this years training camp. 

I would buy HBO for the season just to watch.  

There is one team that would certainly have better ratings and a new HC with an ego the size of Texas that would be hilarious to watch:  The Oakland (Las Vegas?) Raiders.  I would love to see the city get more exposure for what is now an awesome downtown along the river.  Maybe that could lead the NFL to allow Cincy to host the draft some year?  That would be incredible.  
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2018, 10:54 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I would like to add to that the change in player personnel may have made the Cincinnati Bengals less appealing i e missing Chad Johnson.  But if they somehow land that Ohio State Center Billy Price he's irritable and probably will cause a lot of fights during training camp so it would be entertaining.

He's irritable?  He just shot ahead of every center on my list.   Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2018, 05:17 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: 6 series too low end for AJ, can't be among us commoners.  :andy:

He's actually pretty cheap. My old boss ended up becoming good friends with him, and he would rib AJ for finally buying himself a nice car. His girlfriend (now wife) said to me at an event I worked with both of them "the only thing he buys is shoes" lol.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2018, 10:45 AM)pdub2005 Wrote: He's actually pretty cheap. My old boss ended up becoming good friends with him, and he would rib AJ for finally buying himself a nice car. His girlfriend (now wife) said to me at an event I worked with both of them "the only thing he buys is shoes" lol.

AJ and Gio are just classy, humble guys.  Makes it easy to cheer for them, Dalton too.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(03-22-2018, 08:48 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: He's irritable?  He just shot ahead of every center on my list.   Hilarious

Mine too!!!! We need some "irritable" on our oline.....
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2018, 06:57 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: The more I think about it maybe it’s not a good idea. With all the changes we are going through, this could be a distraction. Really want these guys focused in T.C.

Agree with this. 

Would love to see it but think the new pieces to Bengals puzzle need to spend as much time working together with no outside distractions as possible. 

This offseason has been a quality show as is and am enjoying watching already. 

But if the Bengals are featured ?  I will watch. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2018, 08:23 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Hue Jackson is having a conniption fit about it, he does NOT want to do it and has publicly said so.....

Hope they are forced into it then. Oops that was mean. 

Sorry

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2018, 10:45 AM)pdub2005 Wrote: He's actually pretty cheap. My old boss ended up becoming good friends with him, and he would rib AJ for finally buying himself a nice car. His girlfriend (now wife) said to me at an event I worked with both of them "the only thing he buys is shoes" lol.

Is it him vs. Giovani for cheapest sports player ever? lol

I have a neighbor who made bank making some sort of "shoe box" that looks like a big ass Nike box (trunk/chest). When you open it, you can store a ton of your shoes there (and on display). He took pictures of himself at LeBron's house, with Kyrie, and JR Smith (who has multiple closets full of shoes).

Some people know how to get rich, talking to this guy you'd think he was a dumbass.

You have to appreciate AJ and others who don't really play for the salary, there are certainly plenty of NFL players out there that play for the money and it shows.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2018, 08:41 AM)McC Wrote: Doesn't want the whole world to know what a jackass he is.

Has he jumped in Lake Erie yet?

Really I have had difficulty figuring out what's worse, Marvin's Tenure of 0-7 in the playoffs and still has his job or Hue Jackson going 1-31 and still has his job. Seriously look at that statistic. To me, that means someone knows they're flunking for a purpose (at some point). 1 win in the last 32 GAMES! Fans want to see the trash that is going into the compactor that results in losing that many games.

I live in CLE and you don't deserve to have a team that performs that poorly. There should be a contract that your team is vanquished if you go 1-31. I say these things and Browns fans try to punch me for some reason.
Reply/Quote
Well so far we go to the playoffs during a bengals hard knocks season..... while I would love to see my team there again. (playoffs and hard knocks) I'm sure they are not looking for bengals round 3 just yet. and I rather them not have the distractions... Although marvins speech during hard knocks was very good....
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2018, 12:05 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Is it him vs. Giovani for cheapest sports player ever? lol

I have a neighbor who made bank making some sort of "shoe box" that looks like a big ass Nike box (trunk/chest). When you open it, you can store a ton of your shoes there (and on display). He took pictures of himself at LeBron's house, with Kyrie, and JR Smith (who has multiple closets full of shoes).

Some people know how to get rich, talking to this guy you'd think he was a dumbass.

If you consider WWE is asport like event....   Mike Foley did a great job not spending his money driving a beater forever lol (one way to make sure you never run out of money is to not spend it on things you don't need... Your car works? YES okay you don't need a new one yet)
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2018, 12:11 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: If you consider WWE is asport like event....   Mike Foley did a great job not spending his money driving a beater forever lol

Isn't the NFL classified as "entertainment" (similar to WWE) and not a sport or something. They have their reasons, but this is also why people think NFL is fixed:

Their business is entertainment. The NFL, for one, has actually argued this fact before the Supreme Court as recently as 2010. Being "entertainment," the leagues are legally entitled to do what is needed to entertain their audience, such as the creation and promotion of certain "storylines."
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2018, 12:11 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: If you consider WWE is asport like event....   Mike Foley did a great job not spending his money driving a beater forever lol  (one way to make sure you never run out of money is to not spend it on things you don't need...   Your car works? YES  okay you don't need a new one yet)

That's the saying, rich people don't spend money. Poor people spend money. I have wealthy people in my family, and when it comes time to actually spend money they don't know how to - or they brag that "we have unlimited income to take care of this situation".

There's a balance and in my opinion you ought to spend more than you think unless you really don't care about buying anything (like AJ), because you never know when your last day will be.

Those "rich" people also drive cars that are in dangerous condition, for example they haven't changed the tires in 5 years and it has a broken side mirror - all in the effort to be rich. Lol
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2018, 12:14 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Isn't the NFL classified as "entertainment" (similar to WWE) and not a sport or something. They have their reasons, but this is also why people think NFL is fixed:

Their business is entertainment. The NFL, for one, has actually argued this fact before the Supreme Court as recently as 2010. Being "entertainment," the leagues are legally entitled to do what is needed to entertain their audience, such as the creation and promotion of certain "storylines."

maybe but half the time its not entertaining at all lol
Reply/Quote